Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone else think that Jubilee must have hypnotized a lot of people to adopt a kid?

Even a thirtysomething married couple has to go through an enormous amount of rigamarole to adopt a kid. Jubilee, a barely legal single girl in a dangerous line of work breezed through the process in record-breaking, no, record-destroying time.

I can't help but think that every time the camera cut away from her to a different character, Jubilee was hypnotizing everyone at the adoption agency. You're hypnotized mr interview guy, you're hypnotized interview guy's boss, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, you're just the janitor but screw it you're hypnotized just to be on the safe side, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, and you and you and you and you and you.

It's the only logical explanation for Jubilee succeeding at this adoption at such an absolutely insane speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Even a thirtysomething married couple has to go through an enormous amount of rigamarole to adopt a kid. Jubilee, a barely legal single girl in a dangerous line of work breezed through the process in record-breaking, no, record-destroying time.

I can't help but think that every time the camera cut away from her to a different character, Jubilee was hypnotizing everyone at the adoption agency. You're hypnotized mr interview guy, you're hypnotized interview guy's boss, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, you're just the janitor but screw it you're hypnotized just to be on the safe side, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, and you and you and you and you and you.

It's the only logical explanation for Jubilee succeeding at this adoption at such an absolutely insane speed.
    Nah - I think it had more to do with having the ex-queen of Wakanda, a bunch of Avengers, including people like Rogue and Cap, on her application form, plus a bucket load of super rich people. We know from the comic that Ororo was helping her with it and the wheels of justice turn faster for the rich and famous.

I think some strings where pulled.

And if she did pull a vamp trick or two, who cares - we know Shogo grew up loved and cared for - which is the only thing that matters. Adult Sho says as much. If she didn't adopt him, he would've been stuck in an orphanage his whole life.

(Hopefully this thread won't turn into another Jubes baby-stealing bashing thread. I'm just saying, if any other x-women did the same thing, everyone would be applauding their selfless act. )
    Last edited by Beezzi; 09-02-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Nah - I think it had more to do with having the ex-queen of Wakanda, a bunch of Avengers, including people like Rogue and Cap, on her application form, plus a bucket load of super rich people. We know from the comic that Ororo was helping her with it and the wheels of justice turn faster for the rich and famous.

I think some strings where pulled.

And if she did pull a vamp trick or two, who cares - we know Shogo grew up loved and cared for - which is the only thing that matters. Adult Sho says as much. If she didn't adopt him, he would've been stuck in an orphanage his whole life.

(Hopefully this thread won't turn into another Jubes baby-stealing bashing thread. I'm just saying, if any other x-women did the same thing, everyone would be applauding their selfless act. )
    We can close this thread now. The question has been answered logically and in full.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

It wasn't really an adoption agency more like a restaurant providing take out for the undead. Jubilee ordered from the kids menu the evil $*&%@!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    We can close this thread now. The question has been answered logically and in full.
    You know me - Logic is my middle name....yeah, it's a kinda weird name, but my parents were sudoku nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    It wasn't really an adoption agency more like a restaurant providing take out for the undead. Jubilee ordered from the kids menu the evil $*&%@!
    Oh Lordy, we're only four posts in and the bashing has already begun.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Is there any proof she adopted Shogo? I just assumed she stole him.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Is there any proof she adopted Shogo? I just assumed she stole him.
    Yeah, she adopted him - it was finalised in Wood's run - the issue in which M returns. Storm informs her that all the paper work has been finalised and his legally Shogo Lee.

Also she didn't steal him from anywhere, she found him in some rubble after the meteor strike. The area was a disaster zone - there was no where to take him and then Sublime starts following them and she decides to go back to the X-Men.

The weird thing nobody ever talks about is, rather what is Jubes doing in Hungary? She was suppose to be hanging out with the Forgiven, but they didn't seem to be around. She just happens to be at that spot, at just the right time? At the very moment when Sublime's sister is making her way towards earth? This is the part of Jube's story thats always been fishy to me.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 09-02-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    The weird thing nobody ever talks about is, rather what is Jubes doing in Hungary? She was suppose to be hanging out with the Forgiven, but they didn't seem to be around. She just happens to be at that spot, at just the right time? At the very moment when Sublime's sister is making her way towards earth? This is the part of Jube's story thats always been fishy to me.
    I prefer to believe that Gateway still teleports Jubilee to people in need off screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I prefer to believe that Gateway still teleports Jubilee to people in need off screen.
    Actually so do I - I've got my money on Gateway. He has a weird way of showing up when she needs him or he takes her where she needs to be.

To me it's just Occam's Razor: the girl with vampire hypnotic powers probably used vampire hypnotic powers to solve a huge problem that is easily solvable with vampire hypnotic powers.

BANNED

Her best friends are telepaths.
    She adopted the baby in the same telepathic nudging way that Iceman learned how to control and fly a giant jet.

She's a vampire. She's got hypnotic powers of her own and doesn't need anyone else's.

She's a vampire. She's got hypnotic powers of her own and doesn't need anyone else's.
    i've yet to see her prove it. she seems to be deficient when it comes to vampire tendency.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i've yet to see her prove it. she seems to be deficient when it comes to vampire tendency.
    She can do it, she hypnotised a farm boy during the whole Forgiven arch.

She was pretty vampy in the Wolverine Annual recently.

But, yeah, she's pretty together for a vampire. All those years of psychic training as an X-Man.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 09-02-2014 at 01:10 PM.

BANNED

How exactly is Jubes dealing with her hunger issues? Is she feeding from X-23?