Page 70 of 230 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3441
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Probably Booster Gold, Williamson mentioned heroes in crisis in his interview and they met there as the two murder suspects and then teamed up alongside Barbara Gordon and Ted Kord so solve the mystery. Not to mention they had a weird short romance.
    I forgot about that. I actually only thought about Babs when it comes to Heroes in Crisis, but she isn't in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I forgot about that. I actually only thought about Babs when it comes to Heroes in Crisis, but she isn't in the team
    Yeah it was very short lived and I don’t think anyone liked them together. Especially so soon after heroes in crisis and that post heroes in crisis Harley and Ivy book that split them up for a little bit.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I’d say this variant cover probably proves Bleedingcool right. I mean that is Frankenstein after all

https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...18411618398209
    It's good to see Kimiyo but this line up leaves me cold, which it is supposed to I guess. It's a patchwork League.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It's good to see Kimiyo but this line up leaves me cold, which it is supposed to I guess. It's a patchwork League.
    I'm thinking this is likely what having Frankenstein there is also meant to symbolize.

Still surprised to see both Blue Beetles there though.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-12-2022 at 01:47 AM.

Do the characters in American comics have actual character arcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She is not the first bad guy on the team
    Black Adam lex luthor killer frost
    Max Lord.

Long before The Snap, long before the weird Lord Havok thing., and long before Breakdowns or the Metron/Kilg%re stuff, Max blew up people to cover his manipulation of the League in their very first arc. I will not let it be forgotten. The North remembers.
    Ooops, wrong franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, yeah, because usually it means an entire planet is about to be destroyed...
    Planet? Try universe.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Do the characters in American comics have actual character arcs?
    Sometimes they do, when they have a writer that stays long enough, or the next writer actually follow them up, otherwise then they retcon, or the next writer just start over or change it because they have a different idea.

The Chuck Dixon Bat family universe was possibly the longest arc you can get for Bat fam fans, which is why many defer back to it.

If the character lives long enough and the story stay the unchanged long enough, you can gather enough story point marks and make an arc out of it

Batman example: Bruce lost his parents > fight crime > found someone to relate > build a new found family and be a bit happy > Jason died > no longer happy and become overly cautious > lost more people and suffer real or perceived betrayal > double down on distancing himself > realizing he does need people > enlarge his family and network > went back and forth between emotionally guarded and open > get himself vulnerable to get married > failed marriage and depression > back to the emotional back and forth he goes
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-12-2022 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'm thinking this is likely what having Frankenstein there is also meant to symbolize.
    But if they really wanted somebody to symbolize "patchwork", . . .

Alright well now I have to read the Flash Tie-in to dark crisis, they got Jesse Quick/Liberty Belle(for you JSA fans) and Jay Garrick showing up to help Wally and Wallace look for Barry, and maybe the other lost Leaguers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spacekick...73700226088960
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Alright well now I have to read the Flash Tie-in to dark crisis, they got Jesse Quick/Liberty Belle(for you JSA fans) and Jay Garrick showing up to help Wally and Wallace look for Barry, and maybe the other lost Leaguers.

NICE! I'm not excited for all of the Dark Crisis tie-ins but this one looks promising.

Alright well now I have to read the Flash Tie-in to dark crisis, they got Jesse Quick/Liberty Belle(for you JSA fans) and Jay Garrick . . .
    (a Founding Member of the Justice Society of America!)

. . . showing up to help Wally and Wallace look for Barry, and maybe the other lost Leaguers.

And yet, they couldn't squeeze Wallace on to the cover?

I’d say this variant cover probably proves Bleedingcool right. I mean that is Frankenstein after all

https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...18411618398209
    I'd definitely change a couple members and add a few more, but something like this is the kind of regular League line-up I've been wishing DC had the balls to do in the main book, instead of glomming onto some fever dream of Silver Age nostalgia that always results in diminishing returns.

Jesse! Yay .

This look isn't even half-bad as far as "Jesse wearing pants" goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (a Founding Member of the Justice Society of America!)

And yet, they couldn't squeeze Wallace on to the cover?
    The solicits say that Wallace is having the same problems as Barry.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.