Page 47 of 133 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    A Fantastic Voyage type adventure w. a group of DC’s shrinking characters getting together and trying to figure out what’s screwing up The Microverse. They’ll run into Aron Aut, Preon, The Docent Folk etc. They’ll def. stop off at Moz-Ga the Thinking Planet, and maybe even have to survive an encounter w. Dr. Manhattan.

SHRINKING VIOLET
    When her home planet Imsk begins to tear itself apart and her ppl’s shrinking powers start killing them in various ways, Violet travels 1,000 years into the past to consult history’s foremost expert in size alteration.

THE ATOM
    In true comic book fashion, Violet finds Ray Palmer, already investigating strange goings on in The Microverse which seem to transcend space, time, and even dimensional barriers. He informs Violet he’s in the middle of organizing an expedition, and Violet readily joins up.

THE ATOM II
    Ryan Choi was the first person Ray Palmer contacted, and he helped verify Ray’s findings. Now Ryan’s helping gather ppl who are uniquely suited to help investigate The Microverse.

BUMBLEBEE
    Karen Beecher-Duncan is a veteran hero and a keen scientific mind in her own right. With Ray and Ryan’s help she’s going to shrink smaller than she ever has before. She’s very excited.

MOLECULE
    This is someone Ray Palmer’s wanted to meet for some time now, as he’s curious how the young man achieves his size changing. Spoiler alert, Molecule is going to be a pivotal player on this expedition, and might not come back to Earth when it’s over.

ATOMICA
    If Rhonda Pineda can be trusted even a little bit to go on this expedition, it’s only because she was ripped from her own Earth when her size changing belt went crazy, and she desperately wants to leave the backwards world she’s now trapped in and get back to her Johnny Quick.

QUEEN ATOMIA
    The first person Ray & Company are going to run into is Queen Atomia, Ruler of U-235 the Atom World. She’s going to join the expedition whether anyone likes it or not, because her world is in danger as well. Look for her to be very Namor-like; haughty, antagonistic, sure she can kick anyone’s ass, and motivated by keeping her ppl safe.
    Okay but I love this one

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I feel like this came up pretty early in the thread. I don't know If I was the first one to point it out or naw, but....

Lex = Tony

Bane = Cap

Ares = Thor.

Pretty wild.
    Bane and Cap as drug-fueled fighters is a neat parallel I hadn't considered, going more with Deathstroke as the 'super-soldier' riff. I like, and it's a nice touch to get a Bat-villain and a Wonder-villain in there to join Lex in the Dark Trinity!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Yeah, lol I felt like it was ironic that the biggest enemies of the trinity was essentially in a few ways "The avengers"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Bane and Cap as drug-fueled fighters is a neat parallel I hadn't considered, going more with Deathstroke as the 'super-soldier' riff. I like, and it's a nice touch to get a Bat-villain and a Wonder-villain in there to join Lex in the Dark Trinity!
    It’s not likely DC did this on purpose…or did they?!?

This’ll be a Great Lakes Avengers situation in that the regional team isn’t affiliated w. or sanctioned by, the main team. Really it’s just an exercise in putting a bunch of b-list characters i like together.

VIBE - A Detroit native and former gang member who puts together a team of heroes to do good things. Look for his ex gang and brother Reverb to show up and cause trouble. Not to mention The JLA is going to drop in, w. a cease and desist order.

GYPSY - Member of a nomadic dimension hopping tribe stranded on Earth, she met Vibe while a prisoner of ARGUS. The two have been pretty much inseparable since then. Amanda Waller will pop up, as Gypsy’s former captor.

GOLDSTAR - Booster Gold’s power suit wearing younger sister. She’s done her share of time traveling but she’s put that behind her and is looking to try something different. Booster will def. make an appearance, and drag the team into the time stream.

DAMAGE - A new and powerful metahuman, this is Damage’s first time on a team. He’s got a few Govt. types still looking to get their hands on him, which will put him and his new friends in danger, and up against various metas in Govt. employ.

TOUGH BUNNY - Speaking of time, Bunny is a heroine from the swinging seventies. She opted to stay in the present when her teammates in The Inferior Five went back home. Despite her ditzy persona she’s incredibly strong, and enjoys sparring w. Damage. The Mad Mod will become fixated on her, as she’s a living anachronism.

SANDMAN - The ex Golden Boy just left the JSA and wasn’t looking to join another team, but when he saw what Vibe was trying to do, he immediately liked the kid, and decided to lend an experienced hand. A Johnny Sorrow appearance is a must, as he hates Sandman w. a passion.

ROUNDHOUSE - The young superpowered science geek jumps at the chance to join a new team, as he hates not having that support system. He knows himself well enough to admit he’s better when he’s part of a group.

INDIGO - On the team’s first adventure they’ll come across the somehow intact and dormant body of former Outsider, Indigo. Roundhouse will insist on taking her back w. them, and after running various diagnostics, reactivates her, at her default setting of totally not evil. Too bad her being back online has sent a signal out to her “grandfather”, Brainiac 6.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 06-10-2021 at 11:35 AM.

A Quest type team that’d operate on the fringes of the DCU and could have a fairly wide range of adventures owing to the characters involved.

THE KNIGHT
    Son of Vulcan has a magical armor/sword combo, enhanced stats and fire powers meant to take out White Martians. I’d have The Hyperclan show back up, led by Protex of course, who I always thought was a cool identity, and big showdown on Z'onn Z'orr.

THE PRINCESS
    Amethyst is a fun character, and her Kingdom is usually in one kind of trouble or another. She and the team can face off against her main bad guy, Dark Opal.

THE DEMI GOD
    Jason, Wonder Woman’s brother, isn’t really well liked by fans, and didn’t catch on. That just means he could be rewritten to have a personality. A Godly flying brick his ties to the Olympian Patheon can set up the team for some good adventures.

THE GENIE
    Known is Djinn, this character hasn’t had a lot done w. her, but she has an evil brother named Elias who’s looking for ultimate power, and her other brother is The Thunderbolt, of JSA fame, so there’s good crossover potential there.

THE WARRIOR
    Golden Eagle’s Thanagarian roots means he’s a badass fighter, and would open up a trip to that planet and confrontation w. the evil god creature Ominar Synn. Golden Eagle also has history w. a warrior named Viza'Aziv, who once held him prisoner as her sex slave, and has her own space armada.

THE PARTNERS
    a couple of living nightmares, these two have a Sully/Mike Wazowski vibe to them and would def. be played for comedic purposes, while still giving them showings that highlight how dangerous they are. They’re schemers, who tried to outwit Morpheus himself after all. They wouldn’t be happy being tied to the team and would always be working some side angle.

The Posse:

Fairchild/Scour
    Anima/Thumper
    Roundhouse/Piñata
    Zachara/Probe

The Metal Men:
    Steel
    Bronze Tiger
    Iron Lady
    Max Mercury
    Golden Eagle
    Copperhead

A Quest type team that’d operate on the fringes of the DCU and could have a fairly wide range of adventures owing to the characters involved.
    Y'know looking at them and their archetypes makes me think of the original Star Wars gang.(with a couple of slight modifications)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Y'know looking at them and their archetypes makes me think of the original Star Wars gang.(with a couple of slight modifications)
    I hadn’t thought of it that way, but yeah, I can see it now. Nice catch!

Nineties Superboy has always been my favorite version of the character. It bummed me out though, that Karl Kesel never followed through and put some of those early villains he created together, into a Sinister Six type team, to go up against Kon El.

SIDEARM
    At first glance Sidearm makes for a good Doc Ock stand in. He has a “tech vest” he can attach different appendages to, each w. a different function. BFGs, lasers, blades, etc. Unlike Doc Ock he’s no criminal genius though. He wouldn’t be putting this team together, but he’d join.

SCAVENGER
    Scavenger has that crazy old guy Adrian Toomes Vulture vibe going for him. He has all kinds of magical and advanced weapons and items he’s squirreled away over the years which makes him pretty dangerous. Him I can see putting the team together.

KNOCKOUT
    This was a breakout character that went on to bigger and better things since she was introduced. I can see her joining the team for the lulz, but maybe turning on them too, as she always had a soft spot and borderline inappropriate attraction for Superboy.

SILVER SWORD
    There’s a little bit of Venom in this guy. He considers himself Hawaii’s REAL hero, and has a grudge against Superboy for claiming that spot. He’s bonded to an alien metal that makes him super strong, and he can use it to create various weapons of the hack/slash/bash variety. He’d prob. join the team intending to take them out all along, after they were done w. Superboy.

TECHNO
    This was a one shot villain, but he does get the team up to an even half dozen. He creates illusions and messes w. People’s perceptions ala Mysterio, but does it using virtual reality and sticking his victims in what they see as deadly video games. He was doing Ready Player One 20+ years before the movie.

KING SHARK
    Another break out character, King Shark’s gone on to several other DC books; he’s been on CW Flash, the Harley Quinn cartoon, and the upcoming Suicide Squad sequel. In the day though, he was a big mostly silent brute who killed and ate people. He’d add muscle to the team but prob. make a lot of them real nervous, too.

Nineties Superboy has always been my favorite version of the character. It bummed me out though, that Karl Kesel never followed through and put some of those early villains he created together, into a Sinister Six type team, to go up against Kon El.

SIDEARM
    At first glance Sidearm makes for a good Doc Ock stand in. He has a “tech vest” he can attach different appendages to, each w. a different function. BFGs, lasers, blades, etc. Unlike Doc Ock he’s no criminal genius though. He wouldn’t be putting this team together, but he’d join.

SCAVENGER
    Scavenger has that crazy old guy Adrian Toomes Vulture vibe going for him. He has all kinds of magical and advanced weapons and items he’s squirreled away over the years which makes him pretty dangerous. Him I can see putting the team together.

KNOCKOUT
    This was a breakout character that went on to bigger and better things since she was introduced. I can see her joining the team for the lulz, but maybe turning on them too, as she always had a soft spot and borderline inappropriate attraction for Superboy.

SILVER SWORD
    There’s a little bit of Venom in this guy. He considers himself Hawaii’s REAL hero, and has a grudge against Superboy for claiming that spot. He’s bonded to an alien metal that makes him super strong, and he can use it to create various weapons of the hack/slash/bash variety. He’d prob. join the team intending to take them out all along, after they were done w. Superboy.

TECHNO
    This was a one shot villain, but he does get the team up to an even half dozen. He creates illusions and messes w. People’s perceptions ala Mysterio, but does it using virtual reality and sticking his victims in what they see as deadly video games. He was doing Ready Player One 20+ years before the movie.

KING SHARK
    Another break out character, King Shark’s gone on to several other DC books; he’s been on CW Flash, the Harley Quinn cartoon, and the upcoming Suicide Squad sequel. In the day though, he was a big mostly silent brute who killed and ate people. He’d add muscle to the team but prob. make a lot of them real nervous, too.
    That would had been an iteresting team to see Superboy to fight. Maybe still is.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That would had been an iteresting team to see Superboy to fight. Maybe still is.
    Ty, and I'd love to have Karl Kesel back on Superboy again.

Dude that's a really cool team idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Dude that's a really cool team idea.
    I agree. I might also put at least one of the Human Bombs on there.