Page 231 of 234 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234 LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    My particular impression, based on the stuff I've read online, is that most of MCU Wanda haters tend to come more from the comics stan part of the Marvel fandom than the MCU stan part. The MCU-oriented fans tend to care about comics accuracy less, and are less likely to be bothered by some of the changes made to Wanda. Although at one point it really just became nitpicking, 'cause some of those same stans who hate Wanda for not being ''like the comics'' also stan characters and movies that are very different from the source material, like the Ant-Man franchise or the Captain Marvel franchise. It makes no sense for someone who hates MCU Wanda for being different from the comics to love MCU Wasp (who literally was a forgotten villain from an AU that was turned into the titular character while the original one was sidelined) or to think Captain Marvel was flawless (despite the massive changes that were done to so many supporting characters like the Rambeaus, Mar-Vell, Talos and even Nick Fury's backstory), and yet, some of them do.

And when people try to argue that Wanda's situation is ''worse'' because of the whitewashing, I'm just reminded that not even half of this outrage is directed at live action adaptions of Dick Grayson, who was also established to be romani in the comics, but it's something that it's pretty much ignored in every other media. It's hard to take some people's ''wokeness'' seriously when it's so obviously biased and selective like that.
    Yeah, I mean Grayson is only part of descent, but, they don't bring that up as a problem as much. And I'm not really sure they'd understand the difference anyway. There's not a mob of people after those that like the Titans show.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    My particular impression, based on the stuff I've read online, is that most of MCU Wanda haters tend to come more from the comics stan part of the Marvel fandom than the MCU stan part. The MCU-oriented fans tend to care about comics accuracy less, and are less likely to be bothered by some of the changes made to Wanda. Although at one point it really just became nitpicking, 'cause some of those same stans who hate Wanda for not being ''like the comics'' also stan characters and movies that are very different from the source material, like the Ant-Man franchise or the Captain Marvel franchise. It makes no sense for someone who hates MCU Wanda for being different from the comics to love MCU Wasp (who literally was a forgotten villain from an AU that was turned into the titular character while the original one was sidelined) or to think Captain Marvel was flawless (despite the massive changes that were done to so many supporting characters like the Rambeaus, Mar-Vell, Talos and even Nick Fury's backstory), and yet, some of them do.

And when people try to argue that Wanda's situation is ''worse'' because of the whitewashing, I'm just reminded that not even half of this outrage is directed at live action adaptions of Dick Grayson, who was also established to be romani in the comics, but it's something that it's pretty much ignored in every other media. It's hard to take some people's ''wokeness'' seriously when it's so obviously biased and selective like that.
    I mean... This is a comics board and I don't see people hating on MCU Wanda around here. Sometimes disappointment, yeah, but no one goes around straight up bashing the character and/or calling her fans racist and problematic. I feel like some people on twitter just pretend they care about Wanda in the comics so that they don't look bad for hating her on the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean... This is a comics board and I don't see people hating on MCU Wanda around here. Sometimes disappointment, yeah, but no one goes around straight up bashing the character and/or calling her fans racist and problematic. I feel like some people on twitter just pretend they care about Wanda in the comics so that they don't look bad for hating her on the MCU.
    Well comic Wanda does get hate, but it's mostly for that HoM stuff, but even that has mostly faded... I think

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Well comic Wanda does get hate, but it's mostly for that HoM stuff, but even that has mostly faded... I think
    Yeah, I mean MCU Wanda. The people I'm talking about constantly bash the MCU version and say it's because they're fans of the original.

Well, in regards to comics Wanda, the X-Boards like to go around calling her "The pretender" after Hickman used that term /sigh. But I guess serious hate has diminished, yeah.

Yeah, I mean MCU Wanda. The people I'm talking about constantly bash the MCU version and say it's because they're fans of the original.

Well, in regards to comics Wanda, the X-Boards like to go around calling her "The pretender" after Hickman used that term /sigh. But I guess serious hate has diminished, yeah.
    The pretender stuff is weird, they genuinely thought they were mutants. Also I just find it impressive that Jean Grey is already getting dragged in twitter spats without even being in the MCU

Pretender would only work if they always knew they weren't. Otherwise it just comes off as petty and ignorant.

Extraordinary Member

Everyone has seen enough **** to be chill, I mean if anything people here express anger mostly at actual comic writers.
    Just look at Jason Aaron and other writers who crossed some lines of fans.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it's not like Wanda is one of those characters with the luxury of contant and steady multi-media appearance. I guess we just cope with what we got.

Guys Let's bet honest, i'm a lot on twitter and the people that is always hating MCU Wanda are the "Fake "wokes" or "SJW" a lot of Carols stans and even Tony stans, there are a few Comic Scarlet Witch stans that shade MCU Wanda but all the hate that MCU Wanda receives is nothing compared to the hate that Carol receives from dudebros/locals etc

Wanda since Endgame is so likeable for the locals, they even call her the most powerful above Carol and Thor, she's getting very popular she even got trending World Wide before the WandaVision thing because fans (especially from Brazil they started the Hashtag) wanted a movie of her, and there are always good comments on videos of her on youTube

Another good news is that Kevin Feige just called her the Strongest Avenger after Endgame
    I used to worry about the hate that Wanda received on Twitter but i understand that are only a minority of people

locals and true fans like her, that's all we need.

Here Kevin Feige proclaims Wanda the Strongest, minute 37:50

Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-30-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Also i think it has something to do with misoginy, because i have never seen someone calling out Quicksilver from the x-men movies for not being an romani actor as well
    i can understand that you don't like the character because she's whitewashed but that was Whedon's fault, but hating on the actress calling her racist and etc ins't fair

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Guys Let's bet honest, i'm a lot on twitter and the people that is always hating MCU Wanda are the "Fake "wokes" or "SJW" a lot of Carols stans and even Tony stans, there are a few Comic Scarlet Witch stans that shade MCU Wanda but all the hate that MCU Wanda receives is nothing compared to the hate that Carol receives from dudebros/locals etc
    It's weird to see Carol stans hate on Wanda, because they are best friends. But I guess it has more to do with the most powerful stuff. Which doesn't matter. Carol can have it. As long as Wanda is depicted well.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's weird to see Carol stans hate on Wanda, because they are best friends. But I guess it has more to do with the most powerful stuff. Which doesn't matter. Carol can have it. As long as Wanda is depicted well.
    Well Kevin Feige saying that Wanda is the Strongest Marvel Hero just annoyed them more, but they don't only hate her for that tho
    IMG_20191230_055018.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They aren't best friends anymore, they have hardly any interaction in years. Carol's best friend is now Jessica Drew.

If there are any Wanda haters among the Carol fans it is probably due to Wanda being more power than Carol.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Oh yeah and even then her powers always had a sort of mystical feel and lately they seem like full blown magic. Though I hope they stay at just magic and not straight up reality warping. Some people say magic = reality warping, but I don't think so, they seem similar but they're still different you know what I mean.
    The MCU can take a page from RPG and make a sharp distinction between magic and psionics. I remember being an avid D&D 3.x edition supporter of psionics, and while many magical spells have psionic counterparts which function practically identically, psionics has a flavor of its own. So psionic Jean has one flavor, arcane Wanda has another, even though they both do telekinesis and telepathy.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Wanda since Endgame is so likeable for the locals, they even call her the most powerful above Carol and Thor, she's getting very popular she even got trending World Wide before the WandaVision thing because fans (especially from Brazil they started the Hashtag) wanted a movie of her, and there are always good comments on videos of her on youTube

Another good news is that Kevin Feige just called her the Strongest Avenger after Endgame
    I used to worry about the hate that Wanda received on Twitter but i understand that are only a minority of people

locals and true fans like her, that's all we need.

Here Kevin Feige proclaims Wanda the Strongest, minute 37:50

I will have to admit being considered the most powerful can draw in some new fans, but she will need to be considered a unique and genuinely good character to make the fans stay and maybe try to learn more about her.
    Or they will be stuck with the "HoM power wank" phase.