Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Plenty of reasons from the twins perspective; to keep up appearances, because they have a crush on someone and etc. Since they're literal children they can't comprehend yet why its wrong for someone who's a teenager to date someone who looks like a teenager but is mentally 8 years old. Love interests are part of a fully fleshed out character and if Monet was to never exist and just be a persona the twin made up it would be problematic to say the least to develop that arc since they also can't date someone in their mental age group since they're physically a 16 years old.
    just saying a love interest isnt something that is vital to a character esp in Generation X for the most part Skin was without a romantic attachment and even when he had it was a an around the way girl from his old neighborhood
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    just saying a love interest isnt something that is vital to a character esp in Generation X for the most part Skin was without a romantic attachment and even when he had it was a an around the way girl from his old neighborhood
    Its not for everyone but it was for her. Monet's attraction/relationship with Everett played a significant part of her character development. It would have been a shame to have lost that as he really did flesh her out being one note in many aspects. Instead of being a typical triangle, it also played a role in adding to the dynamics of her relationship with Jubilee. Synch as a love interest made an awesome character even better. Alot of Gen X after Lobdell left wasnt great, but M/Synch was and that couldnt have been a thing had she stayed as her sisters

His relationship with Torres and her covering him to his mum and not outing him was important character building and helped us understand Angelo better. Later in gen x when there's a school ball he talks to Artie and Leech about his lack of a love life and how it's affecting him. Romantic interests don't have to requited but they are an important part of coming of age.

BANNED

Teenagers have sexual desires. Plus they grow in. So while Synch and the others would soon be 18, the twins would be 10. It would be statorg rape. Plus after Generation X became adults you saw them do missions and interact with other X-Nen it would have been extremely problematic to have someone appearing as a grown woman but in reality being two little kids. Plus it’s just weird and creepy plus you don’t want have characters do things that would put them in jail in the real world. Statutory rape. So it’s good the real Monet came on the scene and the twins went back to being children.

Also when nobody knew they were twins, an explosion ripped them apart .They were comatose. Obviously, they were hurt pretty bad. From that point alone they could not be risked on missions again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    'Monet' as a construct created by a couple of eight year old girls makes the idea that she's had sex with Madrox, among others, creepy as hell.

I definitely prefer her being an adult, and separate from the Penance character(s).
    Madrox would have been guilty of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    His relationship with Torres and her covering him to his mum and not outing him was important character building and helped us understand Angelo better. Later in gen x when there's a school ball he talks to Artie and Leech about his lack of a love life and how it's affecting him. Romantic interests don't have to requited but they are an important part of coming of age.
    Oh dang you right you right
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Plus it’s just weird and creepy plus you don’t want have characters do things that would put them in jail in the real world. Statutory rape. So it’s good the real Monet came on the scene and the twins went back to being children.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Madrox would have been guilty of rape.
    Well she(the twins) wouldn't have been in those situations lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Dauterman apparently gave homage to Bachalo Monet in Giant Size

https://twitter.com/Warpath_Dylan/st...766805509?s=20

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

This artist loooves to draw eyes looking all the way up or down. I noticed that with the recent X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    This artist loooves to draw eyes looking all the way up or down. I noticed that with the recent X-Factor.
    he hasnt drawn X-Factor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    he hasnt drawn X-Factor
    sorry I was referring to Baldeon.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

I freaking love this, and just all around everything about how Monet has been used in DOX. So refreshing to see all these black women, thriving and in prominent roles, I see you Frenzy in Sword!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I freaking love this, and just all around everything about how Monet has been used in DOX. So refreshing to see all these black women, thriving and in prominent roles, I see you Frenzy in Sword!!
    They need Oya, and we'd have a prominent black female in almost every age group. Anyway, it's more about quality than quantity too. M is still not in a main book but she's still getting tons of love from her appearances.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    They need Oya, and we'd have a prominent black female in almost every age group. Anyway, it's more about quality than quantity too. M is still not in a main book but she's still getting tons of love from her appearances.
    Oh, absolutely, and while I might have issues with some of the choices Hickman has made. It is a statement to his vision that you absolutely can push for diversity in an organic and logical way, but it must be a concerted effort. As Marvel and most writers fall back into the trap of what's familiar, I genuinely love seeing the variety of characters existing and thriving together in a way I don't think we ever have before. And yes, I'm just waiting for them to announce another series with Oya as apart of the main cast.

Sidenote: I don't know what Hickman is doing with Monet/Storm but to see where they started and then GSX: Storm, ugh love seeing two black women function in the X-men and support each other. While also not being "best friends" is just amazing.

Mighty Member

Is Hickman the only writer currently giving her this much love? Or am I forgetting others? I don't read all books so unaware...

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Is Hickman the only writer currently giving her this much love? Or am I forgetting others? I don't read all books so unaware...
    yes he's the only one using her