Page 253 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Confuses me too. There are people calling for her to be the lead character of the wakanda series all of a sudden. But didn't know her name last week
    Because when it comes to Wakandans, MCU fans think that memorable one liners and a couple of cool action sequences equates to being a three dimensional character. That was painfully obvious when they hyped up every character except T’Challa back when the movie came out.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah but I mean, you can only use the whole "T'Challa is away" excuse for so long. Really it's extremely stupid to even have the movie sequel try and play around it. This isn't FF where T'Challa can just ride into the sunset like Brian. He's the king, he IS the franchise. The Wakanda show show should of been what to expect next year while they found someone to be recast as T'Challa. Makes so much more sense then going on without him
    I agree with you 100%. I do believe that Boseman's influence with MCU cast was so powerful that they do not want to see anyone else in the role. And I believe that T'Challa was not an essential part of the MCU phase (whatever) plans. I think the essential characters will be Spiderman and Captain Marvel.
    I was thinking the Big 3 were going to be BP, Cap. Marvel and Spidey. Part of me thinks at times that Black male heroes can be tossed aside nonchalantly but that is the bitter part of me thinking. Hell I am still hoping in vain (I know) that we get Night Thrasher, with his intensity and strategic mind, as some point I will not hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This. But unfortunately they’re still on a strict schedule and they’re set to start filming in July so what’s done is done.
    Yeah, that filming should of turned from the movie sequel, to the Wakandan series, It's extremely stupid to waste the movie on side characters instead of the franchise holder. Ot was like when they had the super Man movie before MoS where they spent the majority of the movie not showing Superman till the end. That isht was boring and killed the movie. Focusing on side characters who can't carry the franchise on. Again this isnt the FF. They have zero development to continue on with

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Because when it comes to Wakandans, MCU fans think that memorable one liners and a couple of cool action sequences equates to being a three dimensional character. That was painfully obvious when they hyped up every character except T’Challa back when the movie came out.
    While ignoring that those characters were only able to shine because of their interactions with T'Challa. That's when they we're the most memorable save Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I do believe that Boseman's influence with MCU cast was so powerful that they do not want to see anyone else in the role. And I believe that T'Challa was not an essential part of the MCU phase (whatever) plans. I think the essential characters will be Spiderman and Captain Marvel.
    I was thinking the Big 3 were going to be BP, Cap. Marvel and Spidey. Part of me thinks at times that Black male heroes can be tossed aside nonchalantly but that is the bitter part of me thinking. Hell I am still hoping in vain (I know) that we get Night Thrasher, with his intensity and strategic mind, as some point I will not hold my breath.
    Nah he was, it's just Marvel turned around and is retrofitting ton that Wakanda was always the draw. There are interviews with Feigi saying T'Challa was going to be a huge part of the MCU going forward, but now it's a new song and dance and killing T'Challas story and acting like his "death" in the solo, his actual death in IW and 2 years of ruling, and Total of a little over two and a half hours TOTAL in the MCU is good enough story arc for T'Challa and somehow honors Chadwick and he can be retired instead of telling those damn good stories we all wanted to see adapted

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    RedJack already getting twitter Death threats from insecure racists over his empowering Green Lanturn showcase after just one issue.

Those should be Tchallas death threats lol
    Marvel is incompetent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/geoffthorne/stat...738472451?s=21

The crazies are hitting him up with threats.
    Toxic Green Lantern fans have been active since the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m very confident that if Redjack hits a home run with GL it’s only a matter of time before he has enough clout to get BP. Might not be next year or the year after that but this is easily the biggest platform he’s been on at the Big 2 and Marvel’s gonna wanna keep their eye on him since he’s pretty open about his love of the character and seems to get great reviews whenever he works with T’Challa. But yea very unfortunate he didn’t get the solo this time around, hoping they bring someone on who actually knows comics and has a better understanding of T’Challa than just the MCU and Coates versions.
    My hope is that the new Green Lantern run is a success, not just because I'm a John Stewart fan, but to serve as incentive to hire RJ on Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the phrase "Bast damn you"

Seems a bit too... American? Do other cultures use "insert god" damn you as a common speech? I honestly have no idea. Where my Nigerians in this thread at?
    Nigerians don't really say such phrases in our respective languages. We'll either say it in English or say a completely different phrase to convey a similar sentiment. Yorubas are the most creative when it comes to expressing idioms.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Nigerians don't really say such phrases in our respective languages. We'll either say it in English or say a completely different phrase to convey a similar sentiment. Yorubas are the most creative when it comes to expressing idioms.
    As a person of Yoruba origin, you got that right lol.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...3904#gs.xy2dia

BP is not the surprise cameo in episode 5.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To the surprise of absolutely no one. Except maybe the people who were so sure that Mephisto was gonna be in Wandavision.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Not sure how I feel about the phrase "Bast damn you"

Seems a bit too... American? Do other cultures use "insert god" damn you as a common speech? I honestly have no idea. Where my Nigerians in this thread at?
    I didn't have a problem with it because I understood it was necessary to quickly convey how Ayo was feeling in that moment. It might not be totally accurate but it gets the point across.

Most Nigerians are either Christian or Muslim so I can't say how we would talk like that regarding other gods. I do think there might be a Wakandan equivalent of "Bast damn you" that doesn't exactly sounds like that but loosely translates the same.

People really thought that? News to me. Pretty sure we'll last see T'Challa in What If? On another note saw a Twitter thread couple of days ago discussing a rumor that Rege Jean Page is being sought to play a version of Kasper as the new BP for the sequel.

I don't think that will happen but I do think we might see something like it at some point. If Marvel intends to never recast "out of respect" for Chadwick, then someone is going have to take up the mantle. Can't have an x amount of movies titled Black Panther with no BP.

For one movie I can see them getting away with having T'Challa being away but not for 2 or 3 more movies. Based off the existing cast, Shuri is the most likely candidate but I'm not interested in seeing her version be BP since she actually has a defined role in the franchise. Nakia isn't interested in politics or staying in Wakanda and wants to be actively helping the outside world. Okoye is already the leader of the Dora and it wouldn't make sense for M'Baku to become BP.

So I'm thinking either Shuri or maybe a new character will become the new BP. We'll find out in a couple of months how they'll handle it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    People really thought that? News to me. Pretty sure we'll last see T'Challa in What If? On another note saw a Twitter thread couple of days ago discussing a rumor that Rege Jean Page is being sought to play a version of Kasper as the new BP for the sequel.

I don't think that will happen but I do think we might see something like it at some point. If Marvel intends to never recast "out of respect" for Chadwick, then someone is going have to take up the mantle. Can't have an x amount of movies titled Black Panther with no BP.

For one movie I can see them getting away with having T'Challa being away but not for 2 or 3 more movies. Based off the existing cast, Shuri is the most likely candidate but I'm not interested in seeing her version be BP since she actually has a defined role in the franchise. Nakia isn't interested in politics or staying in Wakanda and wants to be actively helping the outside world. Okoye is already the leader of the Dora and it wouldn't make sense for M'Baku to become BP.

So I'm thinking either Shuri or maybe a new character will become the new BP. We'll find out in a couple of months how they'll handle it.
    My HOPE is that not recasting T’Challa means they take Chadwick’s version of the character off the board and they use the multiverse/alternate realities to import a new version for BP3. They could easily have it so that Boseman’s iteration passes away offscreen and someone else takes the mantle for BP2 and in the next film they bring in a T’Challa who maybe comes from a different Wakanda that’s experienced an Incursion or who fought in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

Hell maybe they just revive T’Challa and make him KOTD (probably will have to use a different name now). Bast becomes aware of some new threat to the multiverse and brings back her favorite champion to help save the Earth while T’Challa adjusts to a Wakanda that’s adopted his ideals (open to the world, Jabari partnership, etc). The potential is there, but I’m gonna expect the worst until proven otherwise lol. But yea no way we’re seeing T’Challa anywhere outside What If and maybe BP2.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    My HOPE is that not recasting T’Challa means they take Chadwick’s version of the character off the board and they use the multiverse/alternate realities to import a new version for BP3. They could easily have it so that Boseman’s iteration passes away offscreen and someone else takes the mantle for BP2 and in the next film they bring in a T’Challa who maybe comes from a different Wakanda that’s experienced an Incursion or who fought in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. .
    All of this. All of this right here is exactly what I’ve been thinking. Except I wouldn’t have written it as well.

Yeah it really depends on what they mean by no more T'Challa. No more period as in T'Challa will vanish into a wormhole never to be seen again? That's the ONLY way he can be gone without killing him either on or off screen (since they said they aren't doing that) other way would be to pull a Doomwar and put him in a comma with injuries that cover his entire body, and when he does come back for BP 3 he looks completely different but that would be stupid.

Really there's no good way to move on without T'Challa, you either recast or reboot. A recast is the only logical way to continue the black panther franchise because it's not just a mantle. It's a specific character. No one ever thinks Black Panther and then list off all the Black Panthers we have had over the last 50 years. It's one character, playing these games only damages the one unapologetic mainstream Black super hero with this bullisht stunt. Marvel needs to do better and be smart about this. Don't perpetuate Black makes being expendable
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-11-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is true, however, for me atleast, I don't care. I haven't watched anything since EG and have no plans to still. I just don't care about the MCU. Maybe something will spark an interest and then I'll have a bunch of stuff to bring but currently it feels hollow
    "Feels hollow" he says.

I look at the VERY anti hollow Falcon and Winter Soldier series....I disagree.