Page 73 of 270 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4044

Another great issue, with some cool character moments. That splash page with Dick going from the top of a building to beating some mobs was awesome.

The guy in the pizzeria was definitely not Didio, that was George Perez. Marv Wolfman also appears later in a shot behind Babs.

People who expected Babs to suit up here'll be disaponted.

Not much about Heartless yet, but i hope he is not that kid that was bullying Dick in the flashback of the last issue. I really dislike this kinda of "coincidences".
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Interesting issue. Explores the question of why is Dick is invested in Bludhaven with the idea of having him want to literally invest in Bludhaven. Guess we will see how that goes. The Dick and Babs game is strong here, that’s alway cute, but the real star here is the art. Holy crap. It’s next level. That spread where he goes from roof top to punching the mobster is something else.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-20-2021 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Another great issue, with some cool character moments. That splash page with Dick going from the top of a building to beating some mobs was awesome.

The guy in the pizzeria was definitely not Didio, that was George Perez. Marv Wolfman also appears later in a shot behind Babs.

People who expected Babs to suit up here'll be disaponted.

Not much about Heartless yet, but i hope he is not that kid that was bullying Dick in the flashback of the last issue. I really dislike this kinda of "coincidences".
    I think we already know who Heartless is

D9066AC5-BE44-4752-9E58-AAC33BB7AEBA.jpg

He admitted it in the song after all (sorry I couldn’t resist the joke).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

....Nothing happened.

I enjoyed the quiet moments. That's where Taylor's dialogue and Redondo's drawings seem to shine the most.

But the journey toward the answer of "What will Dick do with the money in Blüdhaven?" didn't feel impactful to me. If Dick had actually interacted with the kids instead of just walking away I might feel different.

Overall I felt a disconnect with this Issue. The panel where Dick screams "Wait!" at the homeless man and his son took me out of the story a lot. It was the equivalent OF SOMEONE SUDDENLY WRITING IN CAPITAL and the reader feeling as if the other is screaming in their face. Only like 100 times worse when reading in GuidedView.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think we already know who Heartless is

D9066AC5-BE44-4752-9E58-AAC33BB7AEBA.jpg

He admitted it in the song after all (sorry I couldn’t resist the joke).
    Now that explains why Dick is dancing in Heartless palm on cover #81.

Astonishing Member

Man, Nightwing is one gorgeous book to look at. Great Nightwing #79 by Taylor/Redondo/Lucas.

Definitely more slow burn here. I'm glad I stayed away from previews this time. Helped the issue to feel more full to me.

Dick and Babs were great in this. Didn't seem to step on each others toes or make the other seem incompetent. Believable that they have been close for years and years. The bit about the bat group chat is fantastic. Odds that Bruce is left out of that? OR if he's in it, he definitely texts "keep this channel clear" at least once a night.

I think what we have here is the invers of Seeley's run. Seeley was in Bludhaven because he had to be. You could feel that his Bludhaven arcs just didn't have the same passion as his globetrotting ones. Taylor seems to love the city and want it to feel real. He is taking his time world building.

You just cant say enough about this arc. I loved the two page spread Godlike mentioned, and honestly the whole fight with the two mobsters was pretty nice. When we do get a more classic superhero fight, I expect it will be quite satisfying.

Extraordinary Member

What are the chances of the book returning to bi monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not high enough. I miss that release schedule. Should be the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That would be horrible. I want Redondo doing as many consecutive issues as possible. He's killing it
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Will Dick cancel his credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by AdjectiveNoun View Post
    Will Dick cancel his credit card?
    Maybe that's the bombshell Taylor was hyping. Barbara wll remaind him and they will celebrat in the Batman grup chat... a great issue.

I skipped the previews but this issue still felt short. Nothing really happened, they established the baddies a bit more but that's about it. I mean, if you're not really into Dick/Babs there's not a whole lot here for you. Except the art which was phenomenal yet again.

Extraordinary Member

I don’t think an orphanage is the right moove becuase those always fall short unless under the constant eyes of the hero
    Perhaps a shelter or soup kitchen.

The foundation for run is being set. Introducing the world (Bludhaven), its characters, and the leads motivations going forward.

I don't think this run is going to be like Grayson with Dick having bombastic, save the world, adventures each issue. But more grounded with personal and introspective exploration, where moments like Dick saving a dog or choosing to invest more in his home are made to seem as important as him saving the world.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-20-2021 at 09:26 AM.