Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Seems premature unless its also tied to states and counties that have had no or very few recent COVID cases. Aren't there still some states and counties that are struggling?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought that this was a hoax! They went from triple-masking and hibernating away from everyone to now wearing no mask at all?? These extremes are killing me.

I an not sure it is safe as we have not reached herd immunity, nor are we anywhere near those high percentages yet. Scary.
    When you are fully vaccinated, the risk of serious disease or death is so small it can be considered a general life risk, like being hit by lightning. I think the reason the administration is doing this now is that the vaccination effort is slowing down in the US (we in Germany and Spain are now vaccinating more people daily, controlled for population size), so they need to give the people who haven't been interested in the vaccine an incentive.

And what works better on Americans than Freedom?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    When you are fully vaccinated, the risk of serious disease or death is so small it can be considered a general life risk, like being hit by lightning. I think the reason the administration is doing this now is that the vaccination effort is slowing down in the US (we in Germany and Spain are now vaccinating more people daily, controlled for population size), so they need to give the people who haven't been interested in the vaccine an incentive.

I'm sure that's the case but until there's at least a way for me to tell if the people around me are also fully vaccinated, I'm going to continue you mask and distance around people that I don't know for sure are fully vaccinated.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    I'm sure that's the case but until there's at least a way for me to tell if the people around me are also fully vaccinated, I'm going to continue you mask and distance around people that I don't know for sure are fully vaccinated.
    Agreed. There's no doubt in my mind that there will be lunkheaded anti-vaxxers out there without masks and lying their asses off about having gotten their shots. The risk isn't worth going out without a mask for the immediate future.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

Freedom is wonderful!!!

Having the great vaccination plan/rate that we do here in America is also terrific!!

But I was talking about one day being told we are still not at the corner to now not wearing masks makes no sense at all.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Freedom is wonderful!!!

Having the great vaccination plan/rate that we do here in America is also terrific!!

But I was talking about one day being told we are still not at the corner to now not wearing masks makes no sense at all.
    I agree, if they had said Fully Vaccinated people can mix freely with other fully vaccinated people, sure that makes sense. but this is just going to encourage people to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    I agree, if they had said Fully Vaccinated people can mix freely with other fully vaccinated people, sure that makes sense. but this is just going to encourage people to lie.
    Thanks.

The second thing, as I mentioned just the other page, is that we are not anywhere near herd immunity.

Third, nothing new was found yesterday, scientifically speaking, so why the change? Why yesterday and not two days ago? Last week? Two weeks ago?

Fourth, yesterday AM Dr Fauchi said we still need to wear our multiple masks, but then at 2:08 PM, we do not need to wear even one.

Something seems amiss here...........

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Thanks.

The second thing, as I mentioned just the other page, is that we are not anywhere near herd immunity.

Third, nothing new was found yesterday, scientifically speaking, so why the change? Why yesterday and not two days ago? Last week? Two weeks ago?

Fourth, yesterday AM Dr Fauchi said we still need to wear our multiple masks, but then at 2:08 PM, we do not need to wear even one.

Something seems amiss here...........
    It's all about the data and the science. Think of it like living in a house where the plumbing isn't working and you can only get a small amount of water from the faucet once a day. Then the plumber arrives and begins working on the system. By the end of the day, it's now working properly and you have gone from only being able to access a little water to now being able to take long showers and drink as much water as you want. All in the course of one day.

The CDC constantly gets new data in and is constantly processing that data. Initial data may have suggested that there was still a risk of exposure and that not enough people were being vaccinated. Current data nows says [The Plumber has fixed the system] that the rate of vaccination is steady enough, and that the vaccines work against even the varients well enough to allow people who are vaccinated to go without masks.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's all about the data and the science. Think of it like living in a house where the plumbing isn't working and you can only get a small amount of water from the faucet once a day. Then the plumber arrives and begins working on the system. By the end of the day, it's now working properly and you have gone from only being able to access a little water to now being able to take long showers and drink as much water as you want. All in the course of one day.

The CDC constantly gets new data in and is constantly processing that data. Initial data may have suggested that there was still a risk of exposure and that not enough people were being vaccinated. Current data nows says [The Plumber has fixed the system] that the rate of vaccination is steady enough, and that the vaccines work against even the varients well enough to allow people who are vaccinated to go without masks.
    I know the data. But what you present goes back to my point #3: There was NO new data yesterday that came in. Not in the AM, not in the PM. It was just a decision made that suddenly did a 180-degree turnaround.

Some say Sen Rand Paul put the squeeze on Fauchi and Biden.

I also heard Biden has been still wearing his mask, lol.

So since you believe your water theory, are you going to stop weaing your mask, Tami?

I know the data. But what you present goes back to my point #3: There was NO new data yesterday that came in. Not in the AM, not in the PM. It was just a decision made that suddenly did a 180-degree turnaround.

Some say Sen Rand Paul put the squeeze on Fauchi and Biden.

I also heard Biden has been still wearing his mask, lol.

So since you believe your water theory, are you going to stop weaing your mask, Tami?
    The data doesn't have to have arrived on the same day. It can take days, or weeks to review and process the data. Then it takes time to evaluate it. I have done data analysis so I know what is involved.

Well, as of May 21st I will be fully vaccinated [two weeks after my second shot]. At that time, I will abide by the CDC guidelines but I will also use my own judgment.

Also, Biden took off his mask as soon as he heard about the CDC's new guidance announcement.

Removing Masks Becomes the First Bipartisan Activity of Biden’s Washington

“You know, some may say — just feel more comfortable continuing to wear a mask,” Mr. Biden said. “So, if you’re someone with a mask, you see them, please treat them with kindness and respect.”

It was a quick pivot for a White House that had been strict and to the letter about mask wearing. Only hours earlier, Mr. Biden’s advisers had been so strict about the practice that they were known to police private meetings. In the past, Mr. Biden would go mask-free only around family members and his closest advisers — at times, officials were reminded by more stringent advisers, including Ron Klain, the chief of staff, about existing guidelines, a senior administration official said.

But during a meeting on infrastructure, held in the Oval Office with a bipartisan group of senators earlier in the day, Mr. Biden removed his face covering. So did the lawmakers, Senator Shelley Moore Capito, Republican of West Virginia, told reporters.

In the West Wing, officials, who had been restricted from holding large in-person meetings, began removing their masks as the administration issued new guidance for anyone on the complex: People who had their last required vaccine dose at least 14 days earlier are now permitted to remove face coverings.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-14-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. There's no doubt in my mind that there will be lunkheaded anti-vaxxers out there without masks and lying their asses off about having gotten their shots. The risk isn't worth going out without a mask for the immediate future.
    To be honest they have been doing this since the first day of the shots. This announcement wont really change anything about people lying.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Well, as of May 21st I will be fully vaccinated [two weeks after my second shot]. At that time, I will abide by the CDC guidelines but I will also use my own judgment.

Also, Biden took off his mask as soon as he heard about the CDC's new guidance announcement.

Removing Masks Becomes the First Bipartisan Activity of Biden’s Washington

I know, I watched Biden's appearance.

Biden was seen wearing a mask AFTER his TV appearance, where he didnt want to answer any reporter questions because he said "he would get in trouble", lol!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest they have been doing this since the first day of the shots. This announcement won't really change anything about people lying.
    This is something that is going to have to be figured out. In the end, people who get vaccinated will likely not get sick (Or at least not get so sick they die from it). People who don't get vaccinated, who refuse to wear masks, are more likely to get sick and/or spread it to people close to them. At that time, it becomes death by stupidity.

I know, I watched Biden's appearance.

Biden was seen wearing a mask AFTER his TV appearance, where he didnt want to answer any reporter questions because he said "he would get in trouble", lol!
    I didn't see that, but if so then you can just assume that some habits are hard to break. If you have spent the past year making up, how comfortable will you feel not wearing one?