View Poll Results: Which franchise has the brighter future in 2019?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aquaverse franchise will have the brighter future

7 21.21%
  • Wonderverse franchise will have the brighter future

3 9.09%
  • Both franchises will have equally bright futures

11 33.33%
  • Both franchises will have equally disappointing futures

3 9.09%
  • The answer, as it has been since 1989, is the BATVERSE!

9 27.27%

Default Which of these DC franchises has the brighter future?

Aquaverse vs. Wonderverse

Not talking about who would win in a fight (with P.I.S. always active, that totally depends on The Writer).

Nope, talking about the whole enchilada of their respective franchises going forward from here.

Both have solo ongoing titles, with recent incredibly successful solo movies, both have (beyond 1 or 2 apiece) relatively underdeveloped supporting casts and rogues gallery.

So, looking at it from here in early 2019, which of these two franchises has the brighter foreseeable future?

Poll forthcoming.

My take: much bigger fan of Diana than Arthur, but honestly I think the Aquaverse as a franchise actually has a brighter future than the Wonderverse, for 3 main reasons.

Reason #3 = Aquaman's world is potentially a larger one to explore, as indicated by both THE TRENCH spinoff movie and AQUAMAN 2 officially moving forward.

Reason #2 - Institutional sexist attitudes against female characters. Always a factor with regard to Wonder Woman since 1941.

Reason #1 - Aquaman has a very powerful patron at DC (Geoff Johns) and Wonder Woman ... does not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    My take: much bigger fan of Diana than Arthur, but honestly I think the Aquaverse as a franchise actually has a brighter future than the Wonderverse, for 3 main reasons.

Reason #3 = Aquaman's world is potentially a larger one to explore, as indicated by both THE TRENCH spinoff movie and AQUAMAN 2 officially moving forward.

Reason #2 - Institutional sexist attitudes against female characters. Always a factor with regard to Wonder Woman since 1941.

Reason #1 - Aquaman has a very powerful patron at DC (Geoff Johns) and Wonder Woman ... does not.
    I feel like Diana's world is just about the same as Arthur's world if the gods are used accordingly. They could even introduce gods from other mythology like American Gods.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I think ultimately, Aquaman will do better than Wonder Woman.
    One, there's more to explore in Aquaman's world. You can go from sci fi to Game of Thrones and it will STILL work.
    Wonder Woman just doesn't have that story wise flexibility.

Also, y'know Aquaman has a penis so his book will sell better.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

None, to be honest. They only prefer to shove Batstuff in our faces.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I think ultimately, Aquaman will do better than Wonder Woman.
    One, there's more to explore in Aquaman's world. You can go from sci fi to Game of Thrones and it will STILL work.
    Wonder Woman just doesn't have that story wise flexibility.

Also, y'know Aquaman has a penis so his book will sell better.
    I think Wonder Woman's struggles in the comics have more to do with the writing than her gender.