Page 173 of 662 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 9921
    Astonishing Member

So do you guys ever think that Storm is TOO powerful when it comes to most X-Men Villains? I mean considering all of her feats she should be up there with the likes of THE ULTIMATES.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So do you guys ever think that Storm is TOO powerful when it comes to most X-Men Villains? I mean considering all of her feats she should be up there with the likes of THE ULTIMATES.
    To a fair degree yes. If written to capacity she could beat most villains solo, but there are some I think she couldn’t beat on her own (i.e. some just based on their specific power set). I also feel the same way about Jean, Rachel, Psylocke and Dazzler and Polaris (to a degree on the last 2). All of these ladies power sets should allow them to dominate battles with most X-villains on their own if written to capacity. Her human physicality is her main vulnerability, which I’m cool with, but I wish that Marvel would explore more defensive applications of her powers so she can fully contend with the higher tier villains.

I feel like FF and Avenger writers tend to do a better job at creating challenges that allow these characters to fight at their actual level (even if they don’t succeed) vs X-writers, who regularly write the characters down so they can fit a story.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    oh most definitely. it has been one of the reasons I believe to be why she should leave the team. she often times is written like a complete idiot or lightning lass to allow writers to tell the stories they wish to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    To a fair degree yes. If written to capacity she could beat most villains solo, but there are some I think she couldn’t beat on her own (i.e. some just based on their specific power set). I also feel the same way about Jean, Rachel, Psylocke and Dazzler and Polaris (to a degree on the last 2). All of these ladies power sets should allow them to dominate battles with most X-villains on their own if written to capacity. Her human physicality is her main vulnerability, which I’m cool with, but I wish that Marvel would explore more defensive applications of her powers so she can fully contend with the higher tier villains.

I feel like FF and Avenger writers tend to do a better job at creating challenges that allow these characters to fight at their actual level (even if they don’t succeed) vs X-writers, who regularly write the characters down so they can fit a story.
    agreed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

How sad is it that Dark Phoenix isn’t even trending on twitter. So glad FoX-men is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    How sad is it that Dark Phoenix isn’t even trending on twitter. So glad FoX-men is over.
    I'm waiting to see the final box office numbers. this is all so beautiful. what a shame they did all these reshoots and delays and it still was met with an overwhelming negative response.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Yes, Basically this response answers the question.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, Basically this response answers the question.
    I'm so excited for the fearless book in July. I need to see some preview pages. I'm hoping her goddess abilities are explored and hopefully lightning lass is not present.

bad news children fearless is pushed back two weeks

https://www.newsarama.com/45500-fear...eeks-each.html

New Storm action figure in her classic white suit coming in August!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    bad news children fearless is pushed back two weeks

https://www.newsarama.com/45500-fear...eeks-each.html
    Oh God don't scare me like that kyss! I thought you where going to say it was canceled lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

and this is the beginning. already we are getting toys, video games... soon cartoons and movie. the rise of the xmen is about to begin. thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Oh God don't scare me like that kyss! I thought you where going to say it was canceled lol.
    oh no my bad boo lol. I'm still upset but two weeks delayed is hell of better than cancelled lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

So glad she's *finally* been made! I know a lot of collectors are a little frustrated that Hasbro chose white over black but she looks fantastic and honestly, if they put one more Storm in black I was going to gouge my eyes out. I will however need to mod her a bit, I can already see some areas that'll need to be changed.

BANNED

Any Storm Sightings???? Any Storm News??? Or Storm Topics we can talk about???

C’mon you So called Storm fans. We need to keep things going........so boring in here.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-08-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Any Storm Sightings???? Any Storm News??? Or Storm Topics we can talk about???

C’mon you So called Storm fans. We need to keep things going........so boring in here.
    the only storm sighting, if you can even call it that, is the foxmen one. and what's to talk about there. it wasnt anything awesome or badass. just more of background, more of token with no development or input to the actual story.

and I try to start topics by posting articles and what not but one cant talk to oneself. that said what would u like to talk about have you seen the movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the only storm sighting, if you can even call it that, is the foxmen one. and what's to talk about there. it wasnt anything awesome or badass. just more of background, more of token with no development or input to the actual story.

and I try to start topics by posting articles and what not but one cant talk to oneself. that said what would u like to talk about have you seen the movie
    Ok we’ll post them