Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Happy Birthday "Our Pal" Sal Buscema!!!

Today is the 80th birthday of the AWESOME "Our Pal" SAL BUSCEMA!!! Wishing for many, many, many years of great health and happiness to this industry GIANT and legendary Marvel ARTIST! http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...y-celebration/

Extraordinary Member

Happy Birthday Sal!!!

One of my all-time favorite comic book artists. His Captain America run with Steve Englehart was one of the first series I read as a kid and remains one of my favorites to re-visit time and again. They don't make 'em like they used to!

Happy Birthday Sal! Thanks for the great work and memories!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

BANNED

Happy birthday.

John Romita had a birthday too.
    Buscema and Romita visually shaped my love for Marvel characters in my youth.

Thank you both for the exciting myriad of panels you've drawn that entertained me over the years.

Happy Birthday!
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Happy birthday to "Our Pal" Sal! One of Marvel's all-time greatest artists!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I've really liked his Hulk stuff (mainly during Bill Mantlo's run)-he really gave the character a savage, frenzied look (but also did well with the more civilized "Banner Hulk").

His Spectacular Spider-Man run (Especially with Dematteis) had some of the best artistic storytelling in comics IMO.

Happy Birthday Sal! He draws the best angry face ever! Love his old Spectacular Spider-Man work.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Happy Birthday Sal! He draws the best angry face ever! Love his old Spectacular Spider-Man work.
    Quoted for truth! Sal drew my very first Marvel comic (Spectacular Spider-Man #221, with Bill Sienkiewicz providing some incredible inks), and to date I think he's one of the greatest Spidey artists of all time, in addition to THE definitive Hulk artist.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    John Romita had a birthday too.
    Buscema and Romita visually shaped my love for Marvel characters in my youth.

Thank you both for the exciting myriad of panels you've drawn that entertained me over the years.

Happy Birthday!
    I imagine they instilled love for Marvel characters in a lot of people around the world!

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Quoted for truth! Sal drew my very first Marvel comic (Spectacular Spider-Man #221, with Bill Sienkiewicz providing some incredible inks), and to date I think he's one of the greatest Spidey artists of all time, in addition to THE definitive Hulk artist.
    Yes! His Hulk was Spectacular as well!

BANNED

Sal's work on the Incredible Hulk will always be some of my favorite! He truly is a legend and deserves a lot of respect from fans and writers alike. For it was his epic art that brought so many awesome stories to life.

BANNED

Hear, hear!