Page 70 of 104 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1552
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Some just want mindless kicking and punching, but for me if the stakes and what not aren't established I won't care who's punching who so I need those discussions.
    Some people may also expect some conventions of the genre. I still like seeing cool battles, but i don't think the genre always needs a villain

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I was hoping for a climatic duel between Falcon and US Agent where they debate their views on what captain america should be.

Instead I expect a big battle between the flagsmashers and falcon/Winter soldier.
    It'll probably be FalCap and Bucky vs the Flag-Smashers with US Agent in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, I do kind of feel bad for Walker. He's gone out of control and is pretty unhinged, but all that pressure, expectation, and stress he was under just broke him after he took the Super Soldier serum and lost his best friend. He wanted to serve, but he was just forced to serve in the most difficult way possible, and it's made him go crazy as an evil Cap. "I am Captain America."

So we finally get the Sam and Bucky vs. Walker fight, and it's basically the pair fighting a more unhinged version of Steve. They were barely able to get the shield away from him. Poor Falcon's wings.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the Contessa was so random. Like, I'm happy to see them both, but she was so unexpected that it took a minute to register for me. What an unconventional casting choice to boot. Also, shouldn't she have a streak of white hair instead of purple? I wonder what her deal is and what she wants Walker for. Fury's program? Her own thing? Is she involved with the Power Broker? Will she get to meet Fury?

I'm glad Bucky was able to do right by the Wakandans and give them Zemo, and move on from any resentment or anger he had toward Zemo after what he did to him. Judging by his conversation with Sam, I'm guessing the next step is talking to Nakamura about his son.

Well, Zemo's off to the Raft, because I guess he's proved he's Supervillain-level at this point. So now the Raft has an occupancy of...one? I don't know if they confirmed they moved Abomination there or not. I wonder if they pull the Thunderbolts roster from there. Well, for now, let's just watch Daniel Bruhl smoothly walk out of the series as smoothly as he walked in.

The tragedy of Isaiah Bradley continues. The man went through so much, even did the same thing Steve did of going rogue to free his fellow soldiers, but all he got for it was his country testing him, hurting him, stealing him from his loved ones, and basically acting like he never existed. How could you expect a man like that to still believe in America?

Can a black man truly believe in America? In a symbol like Captain America? In a country that so often degrades and de-humanizes them or actively seems to want to harm or penalize them at every turn? But that's not the America that Captain America should represent, and for the new generation like Sam's nephews, there is meaning in seeing someone wear that shield that looks like them.

Of course Bucky couldn't help but flirt with Sam's sister.

Nothing says male bonding like fixing a ship together.

"What Steve thought doesn't matter." True, but all the same it's also coming from probably the person in the show closest to Steve in terms of worldview and conviction.

Bucky may have apologized for expecting Sam to jump at the Captain America mantle, but he still had Wakanda soup him up with his own Captain America suit with likely Vibranium Wings (like in the comics). Because he knows where that's going.

I thought Sam was throwing the shield better during his talk with Bucky than during the training sequence, but I guess having Bucky there to catch the shield helped. It was interesting seeing Sam have to build himself up to Cap level without the Super Soldier serum backing him up or Walker's training.

The Flag-Smashers are kind of getting a little too "woe is us" for my taste, even if they probably do have legitimate grievances. Not unexpected that they'd take the fight directly to the GRA.

Did Sharon set Batroc up with the Flag-Smashers? What's her endgame here? I don't think she's the Power Broker, but something's up.

Well, if the government won't let Walker be Captain America, I guess he'll have to make his own shield and become US Agent.
    Excellent summary. Agree with a lot of it bro. Just a couple of my own thoughts:

- Surprised that they got the Walker vs. Falcon/Bucky fight done right away. I thought it would take the entire episode for it to happen, culminating in the climax at the end. But no, right at the beginning it's settled. Very good! The fight though, hmmmmm, something seemed off here. Could have been better.

- Show really complicated Walker. Was he a bad guy? Or someone just caught in terrible circumstances? I honestly thought he as under some mind control even before taking the super soldier serum. But no, the job just got to him. Did he have to lie to Lamar's family however?

- So the episode was just a talking heads, slow paced, dramatic episode, right? Well, good. It reminded me of what makes Marvel great, the human, quiet, everyday interactions. Made Sam, Bucky, and the other characters feel real.

- I think I would have been really surprised with the reveal of the "big name" actor playing the new character if it hadn't been for the fact that I saw a spoiler image on YouTube (darn you Rob from Comics Explained!) Still, it was a cool reveal nonetheless. I think the casting makes sense. The actor has played the vice president before. Maybe the show wants to keep that political thing in there?

- Hope haven't seen the end of Zemo or that the Power Broker storyline is dropped.

It was a good episode. Looking forward to the season finale!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

I don't think that's the end of Zemo

Did Sharon set Batroc up with the Flag-Smashers? What's her endgame here? I don't think she's the Power Broker, but something's up.
    Likely playing an angle like Bucky and Sam were doing with Zemo. Maybe getting Batroc to find the flag smashers helps out Sam and Bucky. Batroc has played both sides, and SHIELD really has too. Whatever is needed to complete the mission.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think i'm tapping out until the end and will try to binge. I feel like i'm forcing myself to watch at this point. Last episode i just really wasn't feeling it. Falcon and Bucky just come off as, i can only say mental newbs and i find it actually annoys me. So im going to skip today ep and as mentioned wait.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I really hope not...I love the MCU version.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really hope not...I love the MCU version.
    Him and sam sister are the best thing about the show so far imo. Oh and Sharon carter.

Everytime i see sharon i think Emily Thorn has grown up and is on an adventure to ruin somebody else life. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-16-2021 at 04:56 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I dunno, I liked the previous two installments a lot more than this weeks episode. They also removed the most interesting villain in the series too early. I just do not find the Flag Smashers that compelling of characters. I can only hope Zemo made contingency plans for escape from the Wakandans in his time away from Sam and Bucky. I guess if you were waiting with bated breath for a resolution to the shrimp boat saga than this was your episode .
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I dunno, I liked the previous two installments a lot more than this weeks episode. They also removed the most interesting villain in the series too early. I just do not find the Flag Smashers that compelling of characters. I can only hope Zemo made contingency plans for escape from the Wakandans in his time away from Sam and Bucky. I guess if you were waiting with bated breath for a resolution to the shrimp boat saga than this was your episode .
    I think this is the calm before the storm. Big showdown with the Flag Smashers in the finale with redefinition for some folks. Sam as Cap and what John will become.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    - Show really complicated Walker. Was he a bad guy? Or someone just caught in terrible circumstances? I honestly thought he as under some mind control even before taking the super soldier serum. But no, the job just got to him. Did he have to lie to Lamar's family however?
    I get why he did it. He wanted to give peace to Lamar's family and justify why he killed that Flag-Smasher in cold blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He's in The Raft now so I guess he's in Ross's hands.

(Cough)Thunderbolts(Cough).

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that's the next step for Zemo

He's in The Raft now so I guess he's in Ross's hands.

(Cough)Thunderbolts(Cough).
    100%.

If this was the end of Zemo, he'd be in a Wakandan jail.

Taking him to the Raft is 100% setting up Thunderbolts whenever they finally pull the trigger.

If Walker lives next episode... his ass is probaly going there too lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Maybe Walker's redemption is leading the Thunderbolts

Mighty Member

I get why he did it. He wanted to give peace to Lamar's family and justify why he killed that Flag-Smasher in cold blood.
    One of my favorite parts about that scene is that you as an audience are left wondering which was the bigger factor. Is he lying first and foremost to give the Hoskins family closure? Or is he doing it because the narrative needs to be about him being the big damn hero? The scene never gives us a clear answer and it could totally go either way. Which just leaves you wanting to believe that John Walker is doing a good thing for the family of someone who mattered to him but suspecting that he's really just trying to gloss his own shine and make it, yet again, about him. It might be a glimmer of hope that there is still something decent left in the man, or it might just be another despicable action in his descent. Love the layers.

And the fact that Lamar is black and maybe being used by a white man as a prop to make himself look like a bigger hero instead of a violent murderer just fits so well into the way the show executes Isaiah's story. There is genuine nuance and ambiguity to these characters that you just don't often see in this kind of material.