Page 248 of 313 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Buddy, Damian suggested commiting mass murder to "create a world without crime".
    This isn't his own way, that is a page straight out of Ra's book.
    You people just keep telling yourselfs that Damian is an "anti-hero" and not a villain for thinking and acting like this because you like the character.
    Teen Titans made it pretty clear Damian wasn't a hero in any kind of way for his actions, the book hits you over the head with that fact.

He needs to be reigned in and fast. If Damian's ideas on his own lead to him commiting crimes against humanity he shouldn't be left unsupervised.
    Whoa, Damian never suggested "mass murder". Yes he wanted to kill criminals and instilled fear for them, but certainly not mass murder like Ra's who doesn't hesitate to obliterate a whole city and it's innocent people "for greater good". Even Injustice Damian, probably the worst incarnation of Damian, didn't want to cross that line. No matter how bad Damian's current TT, he still didn't want innocent people die. That's why Damian killed Brother Blood before he launched his mass murdering plan, even though probably if he killed Brother Blood after he launched his plan and the death of many people creates huge public outrage, he will be treated as hero by many civilians.

I agree with you though, that current Damian shouldn't be left unsupervised, even though to be honest I give up on Bruce as good supervisor for Damian, as much as I want Bruce to fix the mess himself with Damian. But hey who knows, DC retcons Batman's neglect to Dick by saying that actually he watched over Dick the whole time (which is huge bullshit, so you say that Bruce did nothing when Dick went homeless and manipulated?). And the next story of Bruce and Damian will be handled by Tomasi, and if there's someone who can write good dad Bruce to Damian, it's him (I say good dad Bruce to Damian, because Tomasi's dad Bruce certainly wasn't nice to Jason).

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's funny you should say that, because this TT run is actually what made me warm up to Emiko. Before, I thought she was just another lazy way of making Green Arrow look like Batman by giving him his own Cassandra AND Damian, all in one character (...and I still kinda think that). But I really warmed up to her in Glass' Titans. In fact, she's pretty much the only character that I ended up liking better by the end of it.

...Okay that's not completely true. This run made me hate Wallace less, since he's nowhere near as annoying as he was in Percy's Titans. But I still don't like him. He went from being really annoying to really boring.
    The double funny is for me earlier Glass Emiko is just a copy of Damian but less brutal, then on recent issues she acts like her main motivation is her feeling for Wallace. Like I can't see her as her own character on Glass's TT, just character whom get influenced by either Damian or Wallace. Her lack of spotlight on Glass's TT except when she follows Damian or her 'romance' plot with Wallace certainly helped for that.
    The character I kinda warmed up in the end is Crush, because for me Crush is pretty good character as long as Djinn isn't on her sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    The double funny is for me earlier Glass Emiko is just a copy of Damian but less brutal, then on recent issues she acts like her main motivation is her feeling for Wallace. Like I can't see her as her own character on Glass's TT, just character whom get influenced by either Damian or Wallace. Her lack of spotlight on Glass's TT except when she follows Damian or her 'romance' plot with Wallace certainly helped for that.
    The character I kinda warmed up in the end is Crush, because for me Crush is pretty good character as long as Djinn isn't on her sight.
    This pretty much sums up how I felt about Emi in this run. The 'romance' aspect is what I didn't like at all. Like she goes from being completely professional with Wallace in a few issues, then they go to hell and she suddenly realizes she has feelings for the dude? Not buying it.

Then there was her motivation to join Damian - The Other. Big climatic battle with villain, unmasking of said villain and then... nothing? I mean I understand at the time they had bigger fish to fry, but they could've at least expanded on that part of the story a bit more.
    Last edited by Shen; 09-10-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

DETECTIVE COMICS #1032

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY card stock

Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

Father vs. son round two! Batman and Damian Wayne are once again butting heads after Bruce uncovers the missing Black Casebook pages in the clutches of his estranged son. But when the notorious Hush captures the entire Bat-Family, the Dark Knight and the former Boy Wonder must put aside their differences to help Nightwing, Batgirl, Signal, Orphan, Red Hood, and Batwoman survive!

32 pages, $3.99, (cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 8.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1033

Card stock variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

On the eve of some of the biggest changes ever in Gotham City, Batman finds himself at a crossroads with the people of the city he has sworn to protect. A landslide victory for anti-vigilante mayoral candidate Christopher Nakano is bringing with it new legislation to outlaw the Bat-Family's very way of life -- and with his rogues gallery still knocking on his door, Bruce will need to make some tough decisions about the future...

32 pages, $3.99, (Cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 22.

Now that I think about it, I can't think of any other time Damian has been involved with Hush.

Astonishing Member

By the way, Damian still uses his Robin suit, just without symbol. And there's no single Tim mention in solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, Damian still uses his Robin suit, just without symbol. And there's no single Tim mention in solicits.
    Yeah, I think he'll probably be Robin again soon enough.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1032

Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

Father vs. son round two! Batman and Damian Wayne are once again butting heads after Bruce uncovers the missing Black Casebook pages in the clutches of his estranged son. But when the notorious Hush captures the entire Bat-Family, the Dark Knight and the former Boy Wonder must put aside their differences to help Nightwing, Batgirl, Signal, Orphan, Red Hood, and Batwoman survive!

32 pages, $3.99, (cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 8.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1033

Card stock variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

On the eve of some of the biggest changes ever in Gotham City, Batman finds himself at a crossroads with the people of the city he has sworn to protect. A landslide victory for anti-vigilante mayoral candidate Christopher Nakano is bringing with it new legislation to outlaw the Bat-Family's very way of life -- and with his rogues gallery still knocking on his door, Bruce will need to make some tough decisions about the future...

32 pages, $3.99, (Cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 22.
    Exactly why I felt Tomasi was NOT the man needed to handle the fallout of Damian and Bruce. IF they'll reconcile like that, I'll just wash my handswith Damian, I guess, because that character will have lost any semblance of integrity and credibility to be - once more - reduced to a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Exactly why I felt Tomasi was NOT the man needed to handle the fallout of Damian and Bruce. IF they'll reconcile like that, I'll just wash my handswith Damian, I guess, because that character will have lost any semblance of integrity and credibility to be - once more - reduced to a joke.
    Its like what happened between Jason and Bruce; after Jason "shot" Penguin (with a blank, non-lethal), Bruce beat the living crap out of him and nearly took him to Arkham (if not for Bizarro, and later on Roy, intervening). After Roy died, Bruce hugged Jason and "everything was fixed". Which still feels way too off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think he'll probably be Robin again soon enough.

Yeah. I think it is pretty possible Damian will recover Robin again.

It seems Tim is still using the Drake alias even with a Robin suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its like what happened between Jason and Bruce; after Jason "shot" Penguin (with a blank, non-lethal), Bruce beat the living crap out of him and nearly took him to Arkham (if not for Bizarro, and later on Roy, intervening). After Roy died, Bruce hugged Jason and "everything was fixed". Which still feels way too off.
    Yeah, but at least Jason has his own book where he gets to be the star and MC. Not the butt-end of a joke like in Supersons for Damian or a book where he is crushed by a legacy far too heavy for any character to bear nowadays (Teen Titans).

And Jason proved to still be somewhat estranged from Batman in Event:Leviathan and even in Three Jokers (even if I don't really like this book so far).

Damian will just get back in line and be the good little unwanted child adoring his father or something, instead of growing and developing into his own character. It just sickens me.

Astonishing Member

They probably will reconcile, I'm sure of that. They probably want to please audience with undoing basically everything which was criticized, lol.

They probably will reconcile, I'm sure of that. They probably want to please audience with undoing basically everything which was criticized, lol.
    They want to please Supersons fans, that's it.

And in doing so, they are making Damian Wayne an absolute garbage of a character. It's just infuriating.

But I guess people likes their "Ianized" version more than actual interesting character development.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    They want to please Supersons fans, that's it.

And in doing so, they are making Damian Wayne an absolute garbage of a character. It's just infuriating.

But I guess people likes their "Ianized" version more than actual interesting character development.
    If we leave aside preferences in character development, we run into the question of sales. Super Sons were selling well, OGNs are successful, merch, omnibuses. On the other side of the question Legion is selling badly, Glass's have dropped in sales and have been criticized.
    I am not claiming that SS will be returned for sure, but if it happens, well, let's be honest, they have reasons. They want comics for sale, and SS has got a bunch of fans, those Damian and Jon version are more profitable. That's it.

If we leave aside preferences in character development, we run into the question of sales. Super Sons were selling well, OGNs are successful, merch, omnibuses. On the other side of the question Legion is selling badly, Glass's have dropped in sales and have been criticized.
    I am not claiming that SS will be returned for sure, but if it happens, well, let's be honest, they have reasons. They want comics for sale, and SS has got a bunch of fans, those Damian and Jon version are more profitable. That's it.
    That's true, but those versions are also garbage to me. If they return to it, I'll just stop reading anything with them inside. Since my pull list is already incredibly small, it'll leave my with The Last God from any Comic publisher, basically, since I've so far seen nothing interesting on the horizon.