Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1559

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well obviously Marvel editorial didn't spend every waking moment.

The marriage happened in the 1980s as a result of a spontaneous accident where Lee and Shooter were publicly asked if they would be okay to marrying the characters and they said yes, then it was reported and passed around and it became a big hoopla which they saw as a big marketing thing and it got picked up by the mainstream media (one of the first times a major event in superhero comics got picked up in the non-comics press).

Shooter got fired in the middle of the Wedding issue coming out (for unrelated reasons) and Tom Defalco stepped in, and Defalco had no intentions of ending the marriage. It was only from the Clone Saga that it became this issue.
    I know, right?! Also, don't forget the live-action wedding at Shea Stadium (XD):

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Also, don't forget the live-action wedding at Shea Stadium (XD):

Yeah, that was goofy as hell. PAD wrote the script that Stan Lee wrote and it's really cringe looking back.

Fabian Nicieza was in the marketing department at the time, and on twitter he kvetched on about his embarassment about being involved in this, which might have soured a lot of Marvel personnel's opinion about this, lol.

But it's a testament to how popular and beloved, both Spider-Man and Mary Jane were back then. Even before the wedding Mary Jane was famous and popular. The fans specifically asked if Peter was gonna marry her not get married in general.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They are forcing both Ben and Felicia into a Doc Strange tie-in that works only for Peter.It's like your last wish being w/ your kid, but now they force kill him and that kid's friend has to do it but he has no connection to the Dad so no one cares.All the emotional weight is gone.

Black Cat just isn't on a solo selling level, she can do mini's at best.Catwoman is on the lower end of solo selling but she can sustain her own.

Yeah, it sucks but it what it is.Most of the ones that don't sell are just bad, but Black Cat is a great book but her character doesn't have that type of fanbase.
    Marvel really has to think about what to do with Felicia. If she cannot sell in what is considered a well done book, then what? I doubt she takes MJ’s place ( although Quesada might like that). One option is to make her an outright villain ( Ghost Spider or Black Widow maybe?), another is in a team. It will be interesting to see what happens with her going forward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Marvel really has to think about what to do with Felicia. If she cannot sell in what is considered a well done book, then what? I doubt she takes MJ’s place ( although Quesada might like that). One option is to make her an outright villain ( Ghost Spider or Black Widow maybe?), another is in a team. It will be interesting to see what happens with her going forward.
    I'd say team but even that won't last IMO.
    Just use her in ASM arcs, and then give her a mini every now and then.

I think the real trick is to stop re-inventing things. The only thing worse that static status quo is arbitrary setting changes. :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think the real trick is to stop re-inventing things. The only thing worse that static status quo is arbitrary setting changes. :/
    I certainly agree ( and this has been done with Felicia perhaps more then any Peter supporting character). I have long felt that moving her away from Amazing and letting her “sink or swim” was the best approach ( especially after the two AU’s Black Cat Strikes and Symboite where she loses to MJ not once but twice). But, obviously it has not worked ( unlike Eddie and Miles ( I do not include Ghost Spider ( who also has been successful) because she is not so much of a 616 Peter supporting cast member)). Maybe no Felicia stories for awhile and bring her back in a non Peter mini might be a strategy?

Extraordinary Member

I certainly agree ( and this has been done with Felicia perhaps more then any Peter supporting character). I have long felt that moving her away from Amazing and letting her “sink or swim” was the best approach ( especially after the two AU’s Black Cat Strikes and Symboite where she loses to MJ not once but twice). But, obviously it has not worked ( unlike Eddie and Miles ( I do not include Ghost Spider ( who also has been successful) because she is not so much of a 616 Peter supporting cast member)). Maybe no Felicia stories for awhile and bring her back in a non Peter mini might be a strategy?
    Well they did sink or swim and even a great writer+artist+ infinity stones can't get her too swim.At this point it's a sink

Extraordinary Member

What ever happened with the movie? The premiere got crashed by a bunch of super villains and we have never heard anything after? Did the critics like it or not? Did it do well at the box office or bomb?? Did MJ make some serious money off it or not??? Is her acting career revived???? I hate they have it be a thing that gets MJ her own series and the 1st 6 (or 7 depending on if you consider the press tour part of it) issues dedicated to it...then aside from the ruined premiere they just throw it away.

Fun MJ trivia that's likely not canon anymore:

(Web of Spider-Man#56)

She snores.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What ever happened with the movie? The premiere got crashed by a bunch of super villains and we have never heard anything after? Did the critics like it or not? Did it do well at the box office or bomb?? Did MJ make some serious money off it or not??? Is her acting career revived???? I hate they have it be a thing that gets MJ her own series and the 1st 6 (or 7 depending on if you consider the press tour part of it) issues dedicated to it...then aside from the ruined premiere they just throw it away.
    im going to assume she still got paid since Peter isnt making any bread
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

(Web of Spider-Man#56)

She snores.
    I can believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

(Web of Spider-Man#56)

She snores.
    Why wouldn't this be canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Idk why it shouldnt be considered canon. Married or not this scene can still happen
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's a really small detail for a joke that likely never showed up outside of this comic, MJ likely was shown sleeping later without snoring lol.

Not saying this scene didn't happen, just that the snoring didn't stay, probably.

I like to headcannon that when they destroyed and basically fall asleep immediatly after touching the bed, MJ snores and Peter sleepquips
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona