Page 9 of 243 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

In the comic, I don't think she was ticked off about it. It's more like she came to the realisation that Lois was simply too important to Clark even when he didn't realise it. I think she said something along the lines of Lois occupying a part of his mind that instinctively drew him towards her and Diana saw this when Lois was in imminent danger. Clark zeroed in on her (forgetting everything else around him) to protect her like he always does. I do think her reasoning in the movie still works even without the comic because it's true. WW in her current incarnation doesn't have much of a life outside of her superheroics, Superman IS Clark Kent. It's a full life with purpose, meaning and drive. It's easy for WW not to understand it when she's basically shed off her Diana Prince cover. Clark otoh cant just switch off and exist only as Superman and Lois is a part of that life that he simply can't let go. He doesn't ever want to. In both instances, WW accepted she will always come second to him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    In the comic, I don't think she was ticked off about it. It's more like she came to the realisation that Lois was simply too important to Clark even when he didn't realise it. I think she said something along the lines of Lois occupying a part of his mind that instinctively drew him towards her and Diana saw this when Lois was in imminent danger. Clark zeroed in on her (forgetting everything else around him) to protect her like he always does. I do think her reasoning in the movie still works even without the comic because it's true. WW in her current incarnation doesn't have much of a life outside of her superheroics, Superman IS Clark Kent. It's a full life with purpose, meaning and drive. It's easy for WW not to understand it when she's basically shed off her Diana Prince cover. Clark otoh cant just switch off and exist only as Superman and Lois is a part of that life that he simply can't let go. He doesn't ever want to. In both instances, WW accepted she will always come second to him.
    I cant remember reading this part in 1993 Death of Superman comic tho lol. I just want the trilogy done properly without n52 mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    huhuhuuu..im kinda hoping for Returned of Superman animation. we need the complete arc >
    tho i kinda hate the animation/movies setting in N52 because people need to explain to newbies why he broke up with ww lol
    I haven't read the original comic but what I cannot hate about this N52 is that it shows that Clark isn't particularly drawn to a super like himself. When it comes to Superman's love life, there some who think he should only ever be with WW because Lois as a human is simply too weak and therefore doesn't deserve him. It's so wrong in so many ways so any time Clark debunks that shallow expectation, I love it. For Clark, super powers are a shallow measuring stick for who is the true love of his life. Lois is the pinnacle of what he deems the perfect woman for him, smart, brave, principled, flawed, one of the few people to inspire him to push himself beyond his own limitations. She's the only person he allows himself to be vulnerable with, the one person he truly reveals all of himself to, the only person beside his parents that knows him. I'd rather the general audience be exposed to this absolute truth than for us to keep dodging these false ideas that Superman should only be with another super.

Astonishing Member

I cant remember reading this part in 1993 Death of Superman comic tho lol. I just want the trilogy done properly without n52 mess.
    I think that ship has sailed. This has been well received that I suspect DC will finally move on to other stories and honestly they can't keep telling DoS/Reign/Return over and over or else it will grow stale and people will start believing that there are no actual good stories to tell about Superman other than his birth and his death. I want them to move beyond this plot. The fact that they have established his love and relationship with Lois more than makes up for what came before. I don't see them ever going back to it. I'd like to believe that we live in an enlightened age where Lois will no longer be shoved to the side for an agenda. Lois Lane is rightfully taking back what's hers and even though there may be some who look down on her, I'm starting to believe they are in the minorities.

Incredible Member

I haven't read the original comic but what I cannot hate about this N52 is that it shows that Clark isn't particularly drawn to a super like himself. When it comes to Superman's love life, there some who think he should only ever be with WW because Lois as a human is simply too weak and therefore doesn't deserve him. It's so wrong in so many ways so any time Clark debunks that shallow expectation, I love it. For Clark, super powers are a shallow measuring stick for who is the true love of his life. Lois is the pinnacle of what he deems the perfect woman for him, smart, brave, principled, flawed, one of the few people to inspire him to push himself beyond his own limitations. She's the only person he allows himself to be vulnerable with, the one person he truly reveals all of himself to, the only person beside his parents that knows him. I'd rather the general audience be exposed to this absolute truth than for us to keep dodging these false ideas that Superman should only be with another super.
    The thing is general public(not all of them lol) is too h*rny for supers having sex because they can do stuff with themselves with the visuals*coughs superheroes kink coughs* and they don't care about anything else. If you try to explain the importance of L&C relationship to them..they going to say Lois can't handle Supes *eggplant emoji* /sighs/

BANNED

they going to say Lois can't handle Supes *eggplant emoji* /sighs/
    Yeah, which is why bringing up the last three years of Rebirth in these arguments is essential. Lois can take it in bed and can handle carrying to term what it produces

Incredible Member

I think that ship has sailed. This has been well received that I suspect DC will finally move on to other stories and honestly they can't keep telling DoS/Reign/Return over and over or else it will grow stale and people will start believing that there are no actual good stories to tell about Superman other than his birth and his death. I want them to move beyond this plot. The fact that they have established his love and relationship with Lois more than makes up for what came before. I don't see them ever going back to it. I'd like to believe that we live in an enlightened age where Lois will no longer be shoved to the side for an agenda. Lois Lane is rightfully taking back what's hers and even though there may be some who look down on her, I'm starting to believe they are in the minorities.
    Agree. I wish DC will do Rebirth Lois and Clark next because Jon need to be introduced to the public in the big way *fingers crossed* because this way we can preserved his 10 yr old cuteness forever.
    Last edited by cookies; 01-04-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, which is why bringing up the last three years of Rebirth in these arguments is essential. Lois can take it in bed and can handle carrying to term what it produces
    Right! I don't know what these people are thinking. This
    reminds me of the inner monologue Supes was having with himself in Phantom Zone fighting Rogol zarr. It was about how being super fast and strong need an effort from him but being with Lois is effortless or something like that lol

Astonishing Member

The thing is general public(not all of them lol) is too h*rny for supers having sex because they can do stuff with themselves with the visuals*coughs superheroes kink coughs* and they don't care about anything else. If you try to explain the importance of L&C relationship to them..they going to say Lois can't handle Supes *eggplant emoji* /sighs/
    That may be true in some cases but not all of them. Not to bring over anything Marvel this side of the pond but if you look at the whole of the MCU in terms of pairing, the heroes that are paired up are with regular people and fans are lapping it all up. They aren't clamouring for hero/hero relationships. I don't think the GA is fawning over that type of ideal more than what actually is/suppose to be (or even close to it) if companies stick to canon. Look at WW and Steve, thanks to the movie, Steve has become a viable LO again for her because of the movie audience recognising that a bond between two people doesn't lie in them being equally powered but in equal values. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but rather I think it lies more with comic fans. The thing with Clark is that he's the pinnacle of a male superhero and WW is the female counterpart, I don't buy that just because that's the case individually that it means the two should automatically hook up for the sake of fulfilling some sort of fantasy about superheroes. The DCAU was following the N52 DCU imprint but that's over now and it looks like DC has wisened up and realises they made an error where Superman's love life was concerned and thankfully the DCAU is course correcting. The wealth of stories for Superman have Lois as his LO, without syphoning from there and substituting in WW (much to the aggravation of the fans), that relationship was doomed to fail for lack of original story telling. It should have happened sooner but better late than never at this stage.

Astonishing Member

Agree. I wish DC will do Rebirth Lois and Clark next because Jon need to be introduced to the public in the big way *fingers crossed* because this way we can preserved his 10 yr old cuteness forever.
    I want the same. This is why I was happy for the CW for at least dropping a hint of a live action Jon. I know CW's Superman is problematic (I blame the writing) and is not everyone's cup of tea but when you consider the fact that we may not have a movie for a long while to come, this little glimpse helps keep fresh in people's mind that Lois Lane is Superman's love and destiny and now, the mother of his child(ren) and no one else. I will take a win wherever I can get it. Right now L&C are synonymous and you can't have one without the other in the public's perception of Superman. It's how it should always be. No amount of wishing for someone else will change that. I hope we get a movie soon because that reaches a wider audience than television or comics (the worst performer of the three). Unless I'm mistaken but for Jon and therefore Rebirth to happen, shouldn't it start with Convergence? DCAU L&C are still fairly young and for them to catch up to the comics, it makes sense to spirit them away into a bubble universe where they can live out their lives for the next ten years and then be brought back in the same instant but aged. It would also help get Super Sons going which is something DC will no doubt want to exploit to the fullest potential.

BANNED

I want the same. This is why I was happy for the CW for at least dropping a hint of a live action Jon. I know CW's Superman is problematic (I blame the writing) and is not everyone's cup of tea but when you consider the fact that we may not have a movie for a long while to come, this little glimpse helps keep fresh in people's mind that Lois Lane is Superman's love and destiny and now, the mother of his child(ren) and no one else. I will take a win wherever I can get it. Right now L&C are synonymous and you can't have one without the other in the public's perception of Superman. It's how it should always be. No amount of wishing for someone else will change that. I hope we get a movie soon because that reaches a wider audience than television or comics (the worst performer of the three). Unless I'm mistaken but for Jon and therefore Rebirth to happen, shouldn't it start with Convergence? DCAU L&C are still fairly young and for them to catch up to the comics, it makes sense to spirit them away into a bubble universe where they can live out their lives for the next ten years and then be brought back in the same instant but aged. It would also help get Super Sons going which is something DC will no doubt want to exploit to the fullest potential.
    Honestly, if they weren't so gung ho about wanting to do Death of Superman I would have been fine with them doing Convergence first, with Clark and Lois sealed away in a bottle city where ten years pass by for them, but not to anyone outside of it, that way you write out the S/WW relationship in a more dramatic manner and you get Jon at the right age to be teaming with Damien.

Incredible Member

Convergence will effed up public minds with their multiverse and with Batman dad helping Superman's son delivery lol
    Since Clark Kent the reporter is dead in dceu and can't go back to Daily Planet, they can just start from there
    I don't want SuperSons live action because I know they will effed it up somehow but I absolutely want the animated version like right now!

Astonishing Member

Convergence will effed up public minds with their multiverse and with Batman dad helping Superman's son delivery lol
    Since Clark Kent the reporter is dead in dceu and can't go back to Daily Planet, they can just start from there
    I don't want SuperSons live action because I know they will effect it up somehow but I absolutely want the animated version like right now!
    It's way too soon for a live action Super Sons, I meant the DCAU.

BANNED

A live-action Supersons would be kind of tricky to pull off without it looking quite corny. You can't make it overly dramatic on television in case it's too violent for impressionable children.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Honestly, if they weren't so gung ho about wanting to do Death of Superman I would have been fine with them doing Convergence first, with Clark and Lois sealed away in a bottle city where ten years pass by for them, but not to anyone outside of it, that way you write out the S/WW relationship in a more dramatic manner and you get Jon at the right age to be teaming with Damien.
    I still think it was better to address the end of S/WW now than to whisk Lois and Clark away suddenly almost leaving questioning doubts about whether or not Clark was with Lois because he couldn't be with WW due to them being in different universes. This is akin to what happen in Smallville in S8 with Lana and the Kryptonite super suit. To this day, many still question Clark being with Lois because in their mind, his feelings for Lana were never truly resolved. They see Lois as a consolation prize and disregard things that actually show that Clark had long begun to move on from Lana before the events S8, that and the fact that they both just gave up on each other by not actively pursuing ways to undo/nullify the Kryptonite such as the legion ring or the blue Kryptonite. Clark being with Lois needs to be definitive, not open for questioning.