Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I am so excited for this. No other way to say it. Bring it on.

Ramos variant
    I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen Ramos work on Daredevil more. Being so involved with Amazing Spider-Man. You'd think there'd be more overlap with artists who are used to drawing street level comics.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I am so excited for this. No other way to say it. Bring it on.
    Yep! Same!

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen Ramos work on Daredevil more. Being so involved with Amazing Spider-Man. You'd think there'd be more overlap with artists who are used to drawing street level comics.
    Although I like Ramos' art, I can't say I'm too fond of his style for DD.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-10-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I really hope a Checchetto stays on for the whole run. He’s super talented so I’d rather wait and get issues from him consistently as opposed to fill in artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, issue two was much better giving us a little more meat to chew on.

Some thoughts:

spoilers:
    Karen as narrator has me rhinking how much this is linked to the Marvel Knights 20th series. It may be nothing but Karen has been highlighted in both.

It can come across as a little strange for some that Matt has got so messed up physically after his encounter with a truck when he's probably received harder knocks from his battles with characters such as Hulk, Ultron, Namor and Mephisto, amongst others.

Great to see Kirsten back but it looks like Matt has shut her out again.

end of spoilers
    Makes me think there is something bigger at play here, seems way too convenient to just be a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I really hope a Checchetto stays on for the whole run. He’s super talented so I’d rather wait and get issues from him consistently as opposed to fill in artists.
    Agreed, I have said it before that while I enjoyed Soule's run overall one of the reasons I can't put it above the likes of Bendis/Miller/Brubaker/Waid is the lack of a consistent artist that the others had to help define their runs.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Agreed, I have said it before that while I enjoyed Soule's run overall one of the reasons I can't put it above the likes of Bendis/Miller/Brubaker/Waid is the lack of a consistent artist that the others had to help define their runs.
    Hard to argue with Garney/Hendersen/Noto in terms of quality. But yeah I guess you can say it was less "consistent" than those other runs.

Hard to argue with Garney/Hendersen/Noto in terms of quality. But yeah I guess you can say it was less "consistent" than those other runs.
    Very much so!

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Me too. But unfortunately I think that's unlikely. I don't recall him ever being on any comic for any extended period of time. He tends to do single arcs or mini series'. But I do really hope that changes here!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I

Although I like Ramos' art, I can't say I'm too fond of his style for DD.
    Ramos is a very good artist but I would rather he stay away from Daredevil. His wonky distorted figures wouldn't suit or benefit Daredevil in any way. I don't mind him doing Variant covers.

MATT MURDOCK by NICK ROBLES:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    These covers are EXCELLENT!

I've not really had much to do with DD during my years of reading comics but I was browsing for some inspiration and I saw this cover, which really caught my eye.

ddinferno.jpg

I love John Romita Jnr's artwork, so I investigated which issues of his were available to purchase digitally, so I picked up Daredevil #252 and this

daredeviltyphoid.jpg

Looking forward to getting stuck in
    Last edited by Tugger; 01-11-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I've not really had much to do with DD during my years of reading comics but I was browsing for some inspiration and I saw this cover, which really caught my eye.

ddinferno.jpg

I love John Romita Jnr's, so I investigated which issues of his were available to purchase digitally, so I picked up Daredevil #252 and this

daredeviltyphoid.jpg

Looking forward to getting stuck in
    I would also recommend you pick up the following Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness and most definitely The Man Without Fear mini-series by Frsnk Miller and John Romita JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would also recommend you pick up the following Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness and most definitely The Man Without Fear mini-series by Frsnk Miller and John Romita JR.
    Thank you. I will certainly put them on my buy list.