Page 54 of 662 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    When did you ask this???
    On post #783. I would LOVE to know all your opinions on this question, I think Claremont’s Classic backup stories added so many layers to the ANAD team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    On post #783. I would LOVE to know all your opinions on this question, I think Claremont’s Classic backup stories added so many layers to the ANAD team.
    OH!!! My bad. I completely did not even see that.

To your questions I thought it was good. I didn't exactly have that many issues about it, but I enjoyed it. What about you?

Side NOte: I'm sure other Storm fans did not see your post. They will jump in soon.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

storm fans please vote for storm here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ck-Marvel-Hero
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    What do Storm fans think of the material in the “Classic X-Men” back up stories?
    hmmm some of them I liked while others I didnt. one of the things I liked was how ororo was depicted as primarily the heavy hitter on the team. what i didnt like was some of the aspects of her powers were changed. for instance when she fought the sentinel in space instead of using solar winds to dodge its attack and destroy it, she instead was shown flying on a jet pack and used lightning. from what I was told they changed how she originally was shown because if she could control the solar winds there would not have been a need for the xmen to be shielded upon reentry from space when jean was possessed by Phoenix. It was one of the biggest gripe I had with the classic stories. It was a start of something that still persists today which is ororo being written down so that Jean can get her moment.

Which leads to another point. Someone posted an article about Storm and solar wind. Her using solar winds in space actually makes sense if people actually understood how her powers work. Storm perceives the world around her as forms of energy which she manipulates to create weather.

These same energies exist in space and are actually amplified. Solar winds or radiation emitted from the sun is energy. They are no different from the energies she manipulated when she did her galatic core feat.

The article was garbage and it's why I wish we had writers who truly understand this and explain this in current stories.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-20-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm is the most iconic black superhero according to syfy:

1. Storm

We'll always wonder what the X-Men films would have been like if they leaned more heavily on the fact that Storm and Wolverine used to be lovers. (It happened in the comics but wasn't a thing in the movies.) Nonetheless, Halle Berry was a terrific Storm, who can control the weather with her mind and shoot lightning at her foes at a moment's notice.

When the actress signed up for the franchise in the late '90s, it was during a period in which she would enjoy some of her biggest successes (her Best Actress Oscar for Monster's Ball came in 2002.) Storm allowed Berry to pair her action-hero side with her serious-actor side. She's so electric in the role, we forgive her for Catwoman— and she's so perfect as Storm that, as good as Alexandra Shipp is in the recent X-Men films, nobody else can compare.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/debate...ck-superheroes

Any Storm appearances of note today (Shuri #5)?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm is the most iconic black superhero according to syfy:

We'll always wonder what the X-Men films would have been like if they leaned more heavily on the fact that Storm and Wolverine used to be lovers. (It happened in the comics but wasn't a thing in the movies.) Nonetheless, Halle Berry was a terrific Storm, who can control the weather with her mind and shoot lightning at her foes at a moment's notice.

When the actress signed up for the franchise in the late '90s, it was during a period in which she would enjoy some of her biggest successes (her Best Actress Oscar for Monster's Ball came in 2002.) Storm allowed Berry to pair her action-hero side with her serious-actor side. She's so electric in the role, we forgive her for Catwoman— and she's so perfect as Storm that, as good as Alexandra Shipp is in the recent X-Men films, nobody else can compare.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/debate...ck-superheroes
    Ugh! I can agree with her being #1 in terms of being an icon but their reasoning is all kinds of wrong. Halle is a talented actress and I love her BUT....she was a GUT WRENCHINGLY HORRIFIC TERRIBLE APPAULING rendition of Storm (not entirely her fault but still...).

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Any Storm appearances of note today (Shuri #5)?
    uhmm I think she only appeared in shuri but I havent read the whole issue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ugh! I can agree with her being #1 in terms of being an icon but their reasoning is all kinds of wrong. Halle is a talented actress and I love her BUT....she was a GUT WRENCHINGLY HORRIFIC TERRIBLE APPAULING rendition of Storm (not entirely her fault but still...).
    lmfao I almost didnt post the write up because I thought the points were awful but I was happy to see even with the more than beyond flawed reasoning the folks at syfy still understood or saw her being the most iconic block superhero. that said halle was a horrific storm and alex is not even worth mentioning.

storm fans just in case u missed it please vote for storm here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ck-Marvel-Hero

I am not sure how accurate this is but Storm is the only black character of heroes to be featured the most out of 20 characters. The next black character doesnt appear until 53, Luke Cage. It gives a bit of perspective when you look at diversity as it relates to comics:

https://comiccruncher.com

Storm is #18 with 2308 appearances.

One thing that I took notice of is that when Storm was at her most popular (in the 90s) she didnt appear in nearly as many books when her popularity waned. It would have made the most sense that Marvel would capitalize on that when she was able to beat Wonder Wonder during the fan voted crossover. Also, appearances dont translate to quality. As we know the 2000s were not the most kind to Ororo yet this is where she seemingly had the most appearances.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-20-2019 at 03:17 PM.

BANNED

I am not sure how accurate this is but Storm is the only black character of heroes to be featured the most out of 20 characters. The next black character doesnt appear until 53, Luke Cage. It gives a bit of perspective when you look at diversity as it relates to comics:

https://comiccruncher.com

Storm is #18 with 2308 appearances.

One thing that I took notice of is that when Storm was at her most popular (in the 90s) she didnt appear in nearly as many books when her popularity waned. It would have made the most sense that Marvel would capitalize on that when she was able to beat Wonder Wonder during the fan voted crossover. Also, appearances dont translate to quality. As we know the 2000s were not the most kind to Ororo yet this is where she seemingly had the most appearances.
    WOW...that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    WOW...that's interesting.
    I thought so too. I was actually quite surprised. as I said I'm not sure how accurate this is but if it is accurate I think it does lend itself to support why she is the top black character. It also is pretty sad that the next one doesn't appear until nearly 30 characters further down the list.

ooooooh children.... Netflix is shading SOME of the xmen and it has caused a stir on social media. the question you ask: which xmen characters are overrated or correctly rated or underrated. our gurl obviously was correctly rated. I wont post about some of the others who were stated to be overrated but I must say some of the others stated to be overrated that other fandoms love I would totally agree with Netflix. enjoy:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...ans-losing-it/

https://mobile.twitter.com/NXOnNetfl...s-losing-it%2F

ooooooh children.... Netflix is shading SOME of the xmen and it has caused a stir on social media. the question you ask: which xmen characters are overrated or correctly rated or underrated. our gurl obviously was correctly rated. I wont post about some of the others who were stated to be overrated but I must say some of the others stated to be overrated that other fandoms love I would totally agree with Netflix. enjoy:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...ans-losing-it/

https://mobile.twitter.com/NXOnNetfl...s-losing-it%2F
    Wolverine is definitely overrated that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Wolverine is definitely overrated that’s for sure.
    lololol agreed!! oh please vote for storm on link on post 798.

also u seem to really not care for Logan. why is that? I didnt have an issue with him until the movies changed the xmen into Logan featuring the xmen. it is quite a travesty what the foxmen managed to do with these popular characters by reducing them to his sidekicks.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-20-2019 at 05:00 PM.