Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Congratulations for whoever shot down my theory about Mondo being that Secret. Youre right, it must be Jumbo Carnation. I thought of him and never even realized his name is literally "the flower that is the fullest"

Calling it now, Jumbo Carnation gets his own team in Wave 2. (he actually sewed Jean's new dress)

Who got the Jumbo Carnation idea? It's genius thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This sounds so plausible. When you said mutant collective in the previous post I instantly thought of the invocation scene.

You might have cracked the meaning of x3 and it sounds very interesting if they go this way.

I wonder if/how he will factor Omegas in this, since he mentioned them in the first issue and I don't think they will be dropped. Maybe make a super Chimera or a super weapon connecting the Omegas.
    If you think about the official omega level mutants he has what he needs to do something big, especially if you think about how their powers are listed. If mutants do end up becoming immortal i think it will be because of the power of 10. The omega mutants listed as loyal to krakoa which will be 10 when Exodus show up control the powers that make up the very fabric of reality. Two of those are telepaths that can act as a link between the others. They can potentially do anything.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Who got the Jumbo Carnation idea? It's genius thinking.
    Tycon is the one I’ve seen posting it, and yeah, every single part of that clue makes so much sense for Jumbo Carnation that I don’t see how it would be anyone else. That one is solved as far as I’m concerned. And hopefully this leads to some great mutant clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If you think about the official omega level mutants he has what he needs to do something big, especially if you think about how their powers are listed. If mutants do end up becoming immortal i think it will be because of the power of 10. The omega mutants listed as loyal to krakoa which will be 10 when Exodus show up control the powers that make up the very fabric of reality. Two of those are telepaths that can act as a link between the others. They can potentially do anything.
    They could make their own Franklin Richards. Pretty likely that Xavier will lose control of the situation lol too much power on that Island.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Tycon is the one I’ve seen posting it, and yeah, every single part of that clue makes so much sense for Jumbo Carnation that I don’t see how it would be anyone else. That one is solved as far as I’m concerned. And hopefully this leads to some great mutant clothes.
    Emma's 2 new outfits are quite amazing. Jumbo must be behind them.

I just googled him and yeah, lol it has to be Jumbo Carnation. I'm not familar with the character but i'm so looking forward to his designs. lol. I love the idea of mutant fashion shows.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

They could make their own Franklin Richards. Pretty likely that Xavier will lose control of the situation lol too much power on that Island.
    They could also rewrite reality to bring back every mutant killed in an act of violence. Possibly even get Apoc his horseman back too. lol They literally have every element needed at their disposal and the means of linking it together.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Didn't we hear or read somewhere something about the possibility of rotating costumes or something like that, a little while back? I know we saw Rogue and Gambit's outfits changing with what I think is "mutant magic" in Excalibur preview art. Could be interesting and mutant clothing could be another revenue source for the nation. It's all the rage in the human world to wear mutant clothing you know. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    “X^3 is life 6, when Moira tried to work with machines” has been said so many times around here that I’m surprised this is the time it suddenly inspired so much brainstorming, but I guess that comes from how impossible it is to keep up with everything that goes into these huge HOX/POX threads, lol

I do think the omegas are a major part of Moira/Xavier/whoever else’s grand plan (to the extent that I still think they may have intentionally created Proteus and Legion for that purpose)

But this sense of value in the collective, I think it works just as well whether X^3 is in Moira’s past, or in the future of our present story. Because it could be that she’s literally embracing the spirit of collectivity because she has some extreme experience with it in the past, or it could be that the X^3 stuff is an evolution of the same collective spirit from HOX, on a larger scale.

At this point I’m not even sure it matters what order they come in (though I assume it will matter once Hickman specifies, assuming he ever feels the need to) because they work so well as thematic reflections of each other. Even without X^3 being in Moira’s past, she certainly would have experienced enough failure in choosing the ideology of just Xavier or just Magneto or just Apocalypse or just herself, enough to recognize that the best hope for survival is ALL mutants united. And in X^3, the desire to be subsumed into a greater collective is the same kind of thinking but on a galactic scale. It could be direct inspiration for HOX, or HOX could have inspired it. But right now they’re basically just two perspectives on the same philosophy.

BANNED

I briefly suspected Jumbo Carnation when I read it but thought it was too obscure. Clearly it is not, as Morrison's run is very esteemed and Hickman is taking big cues from it. tbh I'm surprised more people don't know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Didn't we hear or read somewhere something about the possibility of rotating costumes or something like that, a little while back? I know we saw Rogue and Gambit's outfits changing with what I think is "mutant magic" in Excalibur preview art. Could be interesting and mutant clothing could be another revenue source for the nation. It's all the rage in the human world to wear mutant clothing you know. :-D

Hickman said in some interview before the first issue was even out that he wants to get away from mutants wearing regular clothes, because there are so many cool designs and it makes sense that Storm would have a closet full of Storm costumes. I LOVE this concept and I’m a little disappointed we haven’t seen more variation already (like Jean could have worn something more ‘tactical’ for the Orchis mission) but hopefully it’s something all the creative teams take to heart for DoX. (Especially those in charge of Kitty, FFS!) And the idea of it being a way of culturally separating themselves from humans is also great. So they could make $$$ selling them to humans but I could also see how they’d want to keep them for themselves!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Speaking of mutant magic, and the Excalibur solicit that talks about mutant ties to magic that we have yet to see any hint of, it is interesting to see some secrets that refer to Inferno and possibly Maddie, but also the one about red shoes, while people have mentioned the similarity to ruby slippers and Dorothy, don't forget who she hot the shoes from, a witch. Maybe there is a Sinister who is dabbling in some magic.

“X^3 is life 6, when Moira tried to work with machines” has been said so many times around here that I’m surprised this is the time it suddenly inspired so much brainstorming, but I guess that comes from how impossible it is to keep up with everything that goes into these huge HOX/POX threads, lol

I do think the omegas are a major part of Moira/Xavier/whoever else’s grand plan (to the extent that I still think they may have intentionally created Proteus and Legion for that purpose)

But this sense of value in the collective, I think it works just as well whether X^3 is in Moira’s past, or in the future of our present story. Because it could be that she’s literally embracing the spirit of collectivity because she has some extreme experience with it in the past, or it could be that the X^3 stuff is an evolution of the same collective spirit from HOX, on a larger scale.

At this point I’m not even sure it matters what order they come in (though I assume it will matter once Hickman specifies, assuming he ever feels the need to) because they work so well as thematic reflections of each other. Even without X^3 being in Moira’s past, she certainly would have experienced enough failure in choosing the ideology of just Xavier or just Magneto or just Apocalypse or just herself, enough to recognize that the best hope for survival is ALL mutants united. And in X^3, the desire to be subsumed into a greater collective is the same kind of thinking but on a galactic scale. It could be direct inspiration for HOX, or HOX could have inspired it. But right now they’re basically just two perspectives on the same philosophy.
    All that remains true but i think the smoking gun is what Hickman said. This is not a time travel story and this is not an alternate reality story. So if X3 is life 6, he was in fact a man of his word because with x2 being the past and x3 being the past as well, what we are currently seeing in Life 10 is actually happening now in the present so their is no what if's about it and firmly cements this is the status of the x-men. He's simply showing us how we got where we are. So though it feels like the future it's really the past.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

My biggest wonder now though is who compiled the data. What we are seeing is the information collected throughtout Moira's lives on a lot of these data plans. Did Moira compile all that information herself or did Xavier or someone else. I think we are suppose to assume we are reading a characters notes on those data pages.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.