Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Doubt it... This is the same books that are still on sale, there are one or two volumes hard to find but most of the people have already collected. Even the HC editions that was released two or three years ago. But let's hope you're right!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Just some thoughts on Frank. What makes his tales interesting to me.
    He is not one dimensional or a guy who enjoys killing. His only purpose or meaning in life is killing (really bad people)
    by his own rational decision. He probably has a trauma and is insane but only his success and the long years in comics make him a serial killer.
    As a soldier abroad he was a weapon pointed at others and returning home he just never stopped fighting what is a war to him. PunisherMAX
    is a really different run about a non prime age non hero Marvel character. Just fantastic. Depressing, yes. Brutal, yes. But if the writing were bad
    it would still have fantastic art. Frank is what Batman's war on crime would have been if Bruce made the decision to become a vigilante as an adult
    using real world tools for his war. If nothing else I enjoy him as a different take on Batman.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 12-14-2015 at 03:23 AM.

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Garth Ennis!!!

Thank you very much for a decade of marvelous Punisher stories! http://comicwow.com/blogs/1/1684/gar...ot-hate-superh

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    Doubt it... This is the same books that are still on sale, there are one or two volumes hard to find but most of the people have already collected. Even the HC editions that was released two or three years ago. But let's hope you're right!
    I'm buying it. Didn't want to pay the resale prices, which wouldn't be so high if the demand weren't there.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

I'm excited for the possibility of Frank getting his own show.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Default Happy 86th Birthday Jazzy Johnny "Ring-a-Ding" Romita!!!

http://hexdimension.com/2014/06/feature-silver-age-spotlight-john-romita-sr/
    http://www.twomorrows.com/comicbooka.../06romita.html

BANNED

Happy Birthday Frank Miller!!!

Daredevil #183, 1982 - A dangerous drug makes its away into an elementary school, killing students in its wake.
    Stylistically, it looks like Frank Miller completed this story much earlier than the publication date. Drawings on pages 11,13-18 show a complexity similar to his earliest works. The remaining pages appear to be new, including a tragic but stunning sequence on the title page.

BANNED

Miller also brings the Punisher into the fray, his facial expression vaguely reminiscent of Joe Kubert's style

BANNED

Amazing Spider-man v1 annual #15, 1981 - When a fraudulent swami develops a deadly toxin, Doctor Octopus seizes it to threaten five million citizens of New York City. Spider-man and the Punisher both intervene to prevent the disaster. Despite the serious theme, there are lighter moments throughout the story.
    Frank Miller handles the various moods deftly, drawing and designing pages with superlative skill. Front page editions of the Daily Bugle are interspersed throughout, cleverly used as chapter dividers.

BANNED

Miller's cover idea is both clever and amusing (Doc Ock reads the morning paper),
    but it's the interior pages that feature some of his most brilliant work.

BANNED

Captain America v1 #241, 1980 - Cap crosses paths with the Punisher, intent on making his kills. Except for the rooftops, Frank Miller's sparse background brings an odd serenity to the scene.
    Note the Punisher's sure-footed stance suggests his advantage while the hero is off-balance. The image benefits from simple yet effective layout, but also from Bob McCleod's well-grounded inking.

Axel Alonso art from Punisher #1 on twitter

We need better comics

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

How long I have waited for that tease.

Also, the last time I came across Jake Gallows was 20 years ago. How was that Pat Mills comic? Is anybody checking out the character in the new Contest of Champions?

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Miller's cover idea is both clever and amusing (Doc Ock reads the morning paper),
    but it's the interior pages that feature some of his most brilliant work.
    I loved when Punisher backflips and shoots the web shooters off of Peter's wrist. Frank is an amazing badass.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Axel Alonso art from Punisher #1 on twitter
    To be clear, it's Steve Dillon's art that Alonso tweeted. And I'm pleasantly not horrified.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!