Page 168 of 237 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I kind of wish they had told this story with a new Hulk that wasn't Banner.
    They ruined this run if they do that! I sick tired to see Hulk from alternative reality or whatever this is calling! For this, everybody go to the Ultimate version (than i hated!)

And hope they simple forget the elements from this marvel movies. If they want do this, fine! Go ahead with Amadeus Cho, but forget the Hulk/Banner on this!

For me its perfect see this Hulk and Banner conflict back to the original roots.

Ultimate Member

Which is kind of my point... if THIS is the hulk now, that MAY have been a good idea O.O

The Jekyll/Hyde story was always fun when Hulk looked like a monster, was treated like a monster, but was really a hero.... If they go full Hyde with him being a cold, calculating, merciless, vengeful beast of destruction... an arrow to the back of the head isn't so extreme anymore.

I kind of wish they had told this story with a new Hulk that wasn't Banner. Kind of a 'Superior' Hulk or something.
    At his core, Hulk has always been a monster, always been a curse on Banner's life.

I see this as a return to PAD's Hulk, the one who struggled with his demons, and was shaped by his darkness.

Hulk should be a balance between hero and monster, but he's been too much the hero for years now.

Lets see the beast

Very glad they kept Hulk’s intelligence like it was at the beginning. And it’s pretty interesting that he’s switching at night again, though I hope that doesn’t last long.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hulk could have easily learned her name from the news or internet.

As for finding the guy, if Hulk wants to find someone, he will find them.
    Just take a moment to imagine what it would like for hulk to try sit down and go onto a computer or watch TV. It's kind of ridiculous, lol.

Again though, I don't think it's a negative, it's just a funny observation

I'm guessing he just read the ID on the body at the morgue.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

The new Hulk book was really good! The artist did a great job making Hulk look like a horror monster, just like they promised.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

A pretty good book!

I'm a little torn on this direction. I mean, it's not ENTIRELY unprecedented... we've had the creepy angry MEAN Gray Hulk before. But this feels a bit different. There's always been a sense that the world was out to get the hulk and he was still a hero anyway... but this??

If they're going full on Horror/ Jekyll and Hyde where the Hulk truly is a vicious evil beast that takes pleasure in hurting those who cross him... I'm feeling a LOT more sympathy for General Ross and the army who spent years trying to protect all the people from that beast. This doesn't strike me as a Hulk who can go back to the "Hero-mode", Be an avenger.

This feels like they may have taken the road a bit too far in the wrong direction... time will tell I guess..

I don't see as may problems with it. First off, giving Ross justification is really not a bad thing … grey areas make stories better IMO. Also … certainly Hulk is an avenger. He was clearly avenging Sandra Brockhurst. Hero? Well that's no so clear. But yeah … that's what gives this story so much room to move around in. There's moral overlap in places, reasons for Banner to engage this thing inside him. Reasons for Hero teams to take a chance and ask for help despite the terrifying risks.

I mean, we read people like the illuminati _tell_ us that the Hulk is so hard to control, but across his many appearances it certainly doesn't seem that way except when it pushes a plot. This makes Hulk understandably risky. A true monster.

I think it adds way more than it takes away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    Don't you see that is exactly they want to do? Running of the conventional style, they want put the Hulk in this same level (like you watching a horror movie). Don't your read the interview when the writer explains this? Even in the first issues content stories about exorcisms, supernatural forces. And they told for the fans than this Hulk is petty scary, evil, malevolent. Even in Peter David content this aspects, the transformations and other things. They known about the television series, they known how this is important. The own Joe Bennett says that smash is not work without a good story. The "smash" is not important in this new run, obvious he fight against Sasquatch and the others characters, but before this happen we see a horror than Banner become. Ok, you have your opinion about smash, but in my opinion is sad known the Hulk by this. When i was a kid i just follow the good stories, since the first issues by Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema, and i have this television series from the 70's/80's. People see Lou Ferrigno and have a nightmares. Did you see the previews of this new run? Don't you recognize one of this new characters based from the tv series? The whole world loves the Incredible Hulk from tv. The show presents a realistic stories, dramatic, and not only smash. When Stan Lee created the Hulk the own Stan think how stupid and silly Hulk talking like "i'am the Hulk, Hulk is stronger, Hulk smash". Think how silly this was if they make a tv series with the Hulk talking in this level? And what we see in today? Movies of CGI version than the Hulk talk and presents another character not that malevolent creature from the first stories. When i read No Surrender, i start to quit when the Hulk smash the avengers, and talk in the wrong hour, when he must be a raging monster. And then Ewing show a great dialogue between Banner and Jarvis. Did you see the difference? The dialogue prove is more interesting than the smash. And yes, without Banner the Hulk is just a monster, he kill many people before banished from the crossroads, kill again in first Byrne run, and again in second Byrne run. The things changed when his human side appear, without this the Hulk is a pure destruction, a raging monster, and evil too (Grey Hulk/Gravage Hulk).
    Yes, I've read all the articles, previews and interviews multiple times, so I'd appreciate it if you'd not condescend me or my knowledge of the character. I'm not stupid. I have read and seen everything about Hulk/Banner through the years. I'm a life long fan, have been since I was a toddler.

I'm very aware of the angle the book is going, but it can also take on many other genres in this run, which is the point I'm making. The Hulk/Banner can fit into any type of genre. It can have action/adventure, drama, suspense, and even dark humor mixed in with the main horror angle.

I'm also aware of the homage to the TV series than ran from the lates 1970's into the 1980's and equally aware of the fact they're paying homage to Jack Mcgee of the series by having a female reporter in Immortal Hulk named Jackie McGee.

The story itself, along with the characters involved, is always the main focus. It's just people have different tastes and like different things. I like a solid story, great characters, plenty of action, drama and suspense, and I think everyone loves to see Hulk interact, fight, and smash anyone or anything that gets in his path, regardless if they're heroic, villainous, anti-heroic, anti-villainous, or simply neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    I expect see only these things in this run: the horror (the Hulk) and the television series plot. the smash is the last thing i expect to see.
    Well, then you may be disappointed. The Hulk is going to be going up against supernatural, mystical, and multiversal antagonists/threats. It's been stated by writer Al Ewing on Twitter and in various interviews that he will be having Hulk/Banner face many kinds of threats, including one that's a Multiversal level threat.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetxsecret View Post
    Avengers 4 Might Introduce Professor Hulk?

https://www.screengeek.net/2018/06/0...r-hulk-change/
    Still too early to tell. It could still be a more Gravage version of the Hulk. Honestly, if I had a choice, I'd go with a Gravage/Green Scar personality for the Hulk in Avengers 4. And I believe the majority of fans/readers would as well.

BANNED

The Hulk

By: Geoff Shaw

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    The Hulk

By: Geoff Shaw

gat damn!

marvel needs to give Geoff shaw an exclusive contract A.S.A.P!

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Immortal Hulk was more tolerable than the more kid friendly garbage we've been getting, but i dont like the character becoming Detective Hulk that transforms at night. Btw, yes I'm aware he first turned at night.

While it ranked 9th on Comixology, Immortal Hulk #1 got outsold by X-Men Red #5. Not a good sign.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...w-world-order/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

So i read my copy of Immortal Hulk recently and have to say it was quite a great start for a new Hulk comic book.
    The art is awesome,in the first issue the moments that have the Hulk apearing in the story are way cool.
    And story wise this is looking to be a complex read with some tones to Horror comic books,i like how the story is obviously a modern story of Hulk but had links to the first stories of the Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    While it ranked 9th on Comixology, Immortal Hulk #1 got outsold by X-Men Red #5. Not a good sign.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...w-world-order/
    Yeah,considerating the quality of the story and art,Immortal Hulk should had ranked way better that a 9th place.
    Ah well,to me it was one of the favorites new comic books (Even better that Venom#1,and i liked the first issue of Venom)