Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Maybe MCU Miles should be called Shadow Spider, reflecting his unique camouflage ability. The name was his Weirdworld alter ego in Champions: Warriors of the Weird (called Weird War One in the TPB).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Very true on both accounts. Still, given Kevin Feige's track record, Miles is all but ensured in the coming years barring the new Marvel Studios/ Sony deal falls through.
    Well, he's definitely been pretty upfront about how likely it is Kamala/Ms. Marvel will appear in the movies at some point, but honestly I think she's easier to work in then Miles is.

Miles has two obstacles. One, as mentioned, is that potential for Sony to yank Spider-Man out of the MCU. The other is the fact his codename is shared, something that's not happened in the movies yet. Kamala doesn't have those problems. Her only real issue is that she probably needs to be divorced from the Inhuman Royals as their TV show flopped. Which means her Terrigen mist origin needs to be replaced. But her codename is fine - she could still name herself in Carol's honour despite Carol never being Ms Marvel, just the Marvel part of the name is enough. And they do wholly own her rights.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he's definitely been pretty upfront about how likely it is Kamala/Ms. Marvel will appear in the movies at some point, but honestly I think she's easier to work in then Miles is.
    Miles will be in the MCU. she's not easier to work in then Miles is.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Miles will be in the MCU. she's not easier to work in then Miles is.
    Well, they've definitely already foreshadowed him in Homecoming, but I think Kamala is still easier to integrate then Miles is, especially since he's 1 for 3 in terms of being handled well in adaptions where Peter is already established as the main character.

Honestly I feel the young rookie Peter of the MCU and the precariousness of the Sony/MCU deal is a bigger threat to Miles than Kamala.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles has two obstacles. One, as mentioned, is that potential for Sony to yank Spider-Man out of the MCU. The other is the fact his codename is shared, something that's not happened in the movies yet. Kamala doesn't have those problems. Her only real issue is that she probably needs to be divorced from the Inhuman Royals as their TV show flopped. Which means her Terrigen mist origin needs to be replaced. But her codename is fine - she could still name herself in Carol's honour despite Carol never being Ms Marvel, just the Marvel part of the name is enough. And they do wholly own her rights.
    Technically, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. already took care of that by having Terrigen get into the ocean and anyone with Inhuman ancestry that came into contact with or consumed fish products tainted by the Terrigen transformed into an Inhuman. Could just say Kamala was one of them, and she's been using her powers in secret, or just hiding them, ever since.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. already took care of that by having Terrigen get into the ocean and anyone with Inhuman ancestry that came into contact with or consumed fish products tainted by the Terrigen transformed into an Inhuman. Could just say Kamala was one of them, and she's been using her powers in secret, or just hiding them, ever since.
    Yeah, but the movies aren't going to acknowledge that .

Honestly, you could just make Kamala a mutant and that avoids half those problems. Being made an inhuman just was just a fast way to give her powers without getting bogged down in how she got them. The only thing it changes for her is which bad guys Kamran is aligned to but him being a mutant doesn't really affect him differently than being an inhuman.

Kamala doesn't stop Miles from getting adapted anymore than Speedy or Aqualad stops Kid Flash or Robin from getting adapted. Peter, on the other hand, is a bigger block to Miles in the vein of the Wally/Barry drama bullshit over at DC. Especially because making Peter a young newb superhero takes away a lot from Miles who is in that area of his life so the overlap is strong. Same way that the Flash show stumbled with using Barry and Wally at the same time.

So its an interesting writing hurdle to overcome for Miles.

And half of movie Peter's story was swiped from Miles too - notably including Ned Leeds, who is really a renamed Ganke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

It's really not a problem. It's just that people treat it as a problem that it's not meant to be. It's simple, just like you can have someone sharing the same name in the same department, you can have people share the same codename. They're currently doing that in comics, and they just need to treat it as normal except of some type of problem in the MCU, and they will be fine.

Now Sony yanking Spider Man out of the MCU maybe different. Right now, Miles Morales is a hot topic, and has only been produced by Sony currently. Having Miles enter the MCU make take some of the thunder away from Sony, which has had two successful releases with both Venom and Miles Morales. So I can see Sony trying to keep Miles all to themselves while he remains profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    It's really not a problem. It's just that people treat it as a problem that it's not meant to be. It's simple, just like you can have someone sharing the same name in the same department, you can have people share the same codename. They're currently doing that in comics, and they just need to treat it as normal except of some type of problem in the MCU, and they will be fine.
    I think it works better in the comics where the characters with the same codenames generally don't need to be in the same scene or place as the other character they're sharing a codename with because they have their own book and adventures.

I'll just repost what I've said on a different board just earlier today, discussing this very topic:

"I'm torn about what to do with Miles in the MCU after Into The Spider-Verse. My position before that film was that I wanted Tom to get to the point where Spider-Man is in the PS4 game and mentor Miles when he was a 20 something seasoned Spider-Man (sometime around Tom's 4th or 5th MCU film) but after that, I don't really know what to do with Miles moving forward.

All I know is that I'd be ALL OVER a Spider-Verse live action event. Bring Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire, Emma Stone and even Nicolas Cage to play Spider-Verse. I'd be nuts over that. The more I think about how perfect Into Spider-Verse is, the more I'm not sure if bringing Miles to the "main" universe in Marvel Comics was the right decision, and before the film I always thought that bringing him to the main universe was vital for the character longevity. Not so sure anymore.

There are a LOT of stuff that the MCU - and Sony, btw - could do with an "ultimate MCU" universe: Exiles, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, different takes on several characters, etc."

Long story short: I was all for introducing Miles in the MCU just like it happened in the PS4 game, the seeds planted on Homecoming allows that. I was a big advocate here that in order for Miles to work in the long run, he needed to be brought to the main universe, after how brilliant Into Spider-Verse was, I'm not so sure of that any longer. I don't know what's the plan for Miles in the MCU for the future, but I think it's a given that he'll be introduced, now HOW that will happen is something I'm not really sure how it should be done. I really really like the idea of a "Spider-Verse" event film in live action tho. As far as Miles as Spider-Man is concerned, I think that the set up for the character in the PS4 is simply perfect, and even more so Into Spider-Verse, which is hands down my favorite take on Spider-Man outside comics ever.

I always said that I loved the concept of the character, not really the execution of what Bendis was doing with him. I'm hearing good things about Saladin Ahmed's run on the character, and I'm excited to catch up once the series is avaliable on Marvel Unlimited.

Now some different questions: how Into The Spider-Verse should influence the comics, if at all? I'm honestly torn about what to do with character, both in comics and in live action. I love what was done in the PS4 game, but what was done with his animated film is absolutely insane and has so much potential. Regardless, betweehn Into the Spider-Verse, Spider-Man PS4 and Far From Home, Spider-Man is enjoying one of the best times ever for any fan of both Miles and Pete out there.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Now Sony yanking Spider Man out of the MCU maybe different. Right now, Miles Morales is a hot topic, and has only been produced by Sony currently. Having Miles enter the MCU make take some of the thunder away from Sony, which has had two successful releases with both Venom and Miles Morales. So I can see Sony trying to keep Miles all to themselves while he remains profitable.
    I'm not too sure about the specifics of the current Sony/Marvel deal but I believe that while Marvel Studios has creative control of Spider-Man while he appears in the MCU the box office revenue goes directly to Sony while Marvel gets the revenue from the merchandising.

And of course this can all change going forward when the two studios work out any details for renewing the deal when Spidey's third MCU solo film gets released.

So even when Marvel Studios decides to introduce Miles into the MCU proper (only a matter of time and planning now thanks to, "Into The Spider-Verse") its still going to equal big bank for both Sony and Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    So even when Marvel Studios decides to introduce Miles into the MCU proper (only a matter of time and planning now thanks to, "Into The Spider-Verse") its still going to equal big bank for both Sony and Marvel.
    I think with Into the Spider-Verse it could go both ways.

Miles is now more popular then ever thanks to ITSV, so on that level alone it would make sense to introduce him into the MCU, but at the same time the ITSV film is his film where he's the main, leading, character and headlining what looks to be becoming it's own franchise at this point. Something that would probably not be true if he were to be introduced into the MCU as things currently stand.

So I think there is less of an incentive to include him in the MCU then there would have been without Into the Spider-Verse. But that's just my take on it.