View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 600 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1005005505905965975985996006016026036046106507001100 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    So yay or nay on Final Crisis. I was about to pull the trigger on the absolute to supplement my B&R Reborn/Batman Inc, but the abundance of negative reviews on Amazon (which is unusual, because according to amazon reviews you'd think everything was awesome) caused me to pause. TBH i'm done with Morrison's incoherent works, and i'm afraid this might fall into that category.
    It starts pretty straight forward then it goes to disjointed as the universe falls apart, time is all messed up so things are out of sequence and it also features a LOT of characters randomly popping up.
    If you don't like the more disjointed works of Morrison don't even try (neither The Return of Bruce Wayne). It's a kind of book that you might not get the first time but the more you read the more it unfolds but you have to have the fondness for Morrison's work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    so even if you have all 3 GL omnis it still isnt complete? wth lol those things are massive i assumed everything would be included
    Take it over leave it. I thought Brightest Day was average at best.

Now, I'd love, love, love an omnibus of the Green Lantern Corps by Tomasi! That guy is so underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Take it over leave it. I thought Brightest Day was average at best.

Now, I'd love, love, love an omnibus of the Green Lantern Corps by Tomasi! That guy is so underrated.
    Agreed, Tomasi is severely overlooked..the guy is a top notch writer. He had the best Bat related book in the early days of the new 52.

BANNED

Tomasi was hit and miss on Batman and Robin as far as i read (which is the 5th trade The Big Burn) Born to kill was ok, Pearl was eh...meh... death of the family was good, Requiem for damian was meh... But The Big Burn was great, the kind of Batman story i like the most... less on the crazy side, more on the kind of down to earth side crime story with mafia in it. Tomasi really hit it out of the park with that story.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Maybe someone can correct me, but I heard that many copies of Absolute Final Crisis had pages falling out.
    That's what stopped me from buying, but I'd be delighted to hear that I'm wrong.
    Yeah, I had two different copies and both had that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Agreed, Tomasi is severely overlooked..the guy is a top notch writer. He had the best Bat related book in the early days of the new 52.

Agreed! Best Bat book at the time. Love to have this in an omnibus. He made Damian likeable. The father-son relationship he established between him and Bruce was great. And that silent issue . . . . Daaaamn.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Anyone know if the American Alien HC is going to be oversized?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Tomasi was hit and miss on Batman and Robin as far as i read (which is the 5th trade The Big Burn) Born to kill was ok, Pearl was eh...meh... death of the family was good, Requiem for damian was meh... But The Big Burn was great, the kind of Batman story i like the most... less on the crazy side, more on the kind of down to earth side crime story with mafia in it. Tomasi really hit it out of the park with that story.
    Big Burn was a kind of story I like, but I hated it as a Two-Face origin that wiped away the courtroom acid scene with Maroni (hopefully Snyder just ignores that). Tomasi was best on GLC. Gleason & he are overrated. Tomasi was overly sentimental with Damian and just did nothing interesting with his voice, just made him bland and generic. Tomasi doesn't excite me anymore, he's a proven mediocre writer.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

how likely is that Absolute New Frontier would get a reprint?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcok68 View Post
    how likely is that Absolute New Frontier would get a reprint?
    There was a deluxe released over a year ago, so not very likely.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm guessing(hoping) that the GL vol.3 by Johns isn't a risk of going OOS/OOP anytime soon(this calendar year). I'm staggering and delaying some Omni buying this year as I work on projects around the house. This one is one I opted to delay so, fingers crossed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm guessing(hoping) that the GL vol.3 by Johns isn't a risk of going OOS/OOP anytime soon(this calendar year). I'm staggering and delaying some Omni buying this year as I work on projects around the house. This one is one I opted to delay so, fingers crossed.
    It shouldn´t be a problem... Even the first and second are still in stock, so u will have time

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    There was a deluxe released over a year ago, so not very likely.
    yea, I just really hate the usual super tight binding of the deluxe editions I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Big Burn was a kind of story I like, but I hated it as a Two-Face origin that wiped away the courtroom acid scene with Maroni (hopefully Snyder just ignores that). Tomasi was best on GLC. Gleason & he are overrated. Tomasi was overly sentimental with Damian and just did nothing interesting with his voice, just made him bland and generic. Tomasi doesn't excite me anymore, he's a proven mediocre writer.
    Wow, I'm not sure what Batman you were reading but if you wanted a bland and generic - and unoriginal - Damian then look no further than Morrison. He created a been there done that before bratty side kid. Tomasi gave the kid a voice and he obviously understands father - son relationships - something no other writer before or since him in the title has figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wow, I'm not sure what Batman you were reading but if you wanted a bland and generic - and unoriginal - Damian then look no further than Morrison. He created a been there done that before bratty side kid. Tomasi gave the kid a voice and he obviously understands father - son relationships - something no other writer before or since him in the title has figured out.
    I agree that Tomasi did a good Damian, but he is not even close to doing him as well as Grant did in Batman and Robin and Batman Inc.