Page 623 of 827 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    This episode was emblematic of the dumbness of Barry Allan. His first thought is to destroy the speed force even after he's told by Jay that that would be a bad idea. In fact, he went bananas when Jay told him not to do it.

Jay comes up with a good idea. Cool the bomb down. Not his fault it didn't work.

Jesse came up with a good idea. Use the energy of the lightning of three speedsters. Not her fault it didn't work.

Cisco came up with a good idea. Vibe the bomb to a dead Earth. Not his fault it didn't work.

Iris actually played off Jesse's idea and came up with something that did work. (Really amazing since she doesn't know all that much about the speed force).

Barry came off looking like a child, spouting off when he was challenged.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised he didn't jump on the go back in time idea. It's his standard.

Sandy Hausler
    I could understand and feel for Barry's desperation in this situation.

He seemed open to each and every option everyone else came up with, and he was the one who put the kibbosh on using time travel, it's just nobody else's plan worked up until Iris came up with the idea to use the energy of the Speed Force.

The only time he lashed out at anyone was when Jay told him he couldn't throw the nuke into the Speed Force but he apologized for it afterwards.

If anything I'm just a little bummed that Barry couldn't figure out a way to save everyone and needed Iris to give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could understand and feel for Barry's desperation in this situation.

He seemed open to each and every option everyone else came up with, and he was the one who put the kibbosh on using time travel, it's just nobody else's plan worked up until Iris came up with the idea to use the energy of the Speed Force.

The only time he lashed out at anyone was when Jay told him he couldn't throw the nuke into the Speed Force but he apologized for it afterwards.

If anything I'm just a little bummed that Barry couldn't figure out a way to save everyone and needed Iris to give it to him.
    I agree. The Flash shouldn't really need a team. He's the hero.

Sandy Hausler

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

So uhh... By far the most creative Flash episode, ever? Anyone? Anyone else?

Also, no, Flash shouldn't need a team just like everyone he fights should just get a super speed punch to the back of the head... Game over. Day saved.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Ultimate Member

I kinda wish they were better at sealing off ideas, because while I know why using Time Travel opens up a can of worms, I have trouble believing that jumping back a few minutes/hours would be that great an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Also, no, Flash shouldn't need a team just like everyone he fights should just get a super speed punch to the back of the head... Game over. Day saved.
    If Flashtime is any indication it seems like the only reason Barry ever has trouble with non-Speedsters is because he stands around gabbing with them instead of just taking them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I kinda wish they were better at sealing off ideas, because while I know why using Time Travel opens up a can of worms, I have trouble believing that jumping back a few minutes/hours would be that great an issue.
    Well, if the time travel logic of this show is any indication, even if they'd stopped the nuke there would have been something major that happened to counter balance it.

Retired

It would be funny--but maybe something to be explored on LEGENDS--if he jumped back a few minutes to fix that problem only for a different problem just as bad to occur, he jumps back, another problem, jumps back, problem, jump, problem, jump, . . . after 1,052,723 tries he decides that jumping back in time is not the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It would be funny--but maybe something to be explored on LEGENDS--if he jumped back a few minutes to fix that problem only for a different problem just as bad to occur, he jumps back, another problem, jumps back, problem, jump, problem, jump, . . . after 1,052,723 tries he decides that jumping back in time is not the solution.
    This reminds me of Zari's time loop episode .

Ultimate Member

They implied that in the first season, when the Legends struggled to change the past in any meaningful way. But that was shown to be a result of the Time Master's machine, that Cold destroyed

Holy crap was that intense! Three speedsters, and they kept running out of options and out of time. And they still managed to have a subplot with Harry and Jesse. I loved it! The only thing that didn't work for me was (possibly) DeVoe tipping off some suicidal woman perfectly content with blowing everyone back to the Garden of Eden or whatever. But hey, the less time spent on that and the more time spent in Flashtime the better! I even liked this depiction of the Speed Force better than the more human aspect we've seen in the past.

And there's no way we've seen the last of Jay. Last of the him as the Flash, maybe, but he'll be back.

I thought for a moment that the mystery girl might be his trainee, but then her showing up in the same episode makes that seem unlikely. And whenever she shows up, she acts like Barry Allen--which seems to indicate she's Dawn Allen. And she acted like that when Harry and Caitlin were around, but when they left she let that facade drop. Which could suggest she's not who we think she is.
    It would break my hear if she wasn't Dawn or Jenni. She takes after Barry too much! Except, assuming she's from the future and not another Earth, she hasn't learned not to mess with time travel. If she's heir to any kind of Flash legacy, she would know not to go through time, even just for the fun of it, but it looks like she's on some kind of mission.

I liked that moment where the thought of Thawne losing his speed honestly made Barry more interested in the idea of destroying the Speed Force.

Speaking of Thawne, isn't he the only expert on the Speed Force the show has introduced by this point? Jay seems pretty knowledgeable on the subject but even he acknowledged there's still a lot they don't know about it. Team Flash could use a Max Mercury to give them some better insight into it.
    I'm DYING for them to introduce some kind of Zen Master of Speed to really show us the ins and outs of the Speed Force.

So is that what the Speed Force really looks like? All those brightly colored lightning bolts blasting everywhere and that then followed Barry out of the portal? Did Barry literally Lightning Throw the Speed Force into the nuke?

The team brought up a good point, now that the ball that was supposed to fool the Speed Force into thinking it still had Barry is gone, and it obviously knows Barry is out, is it just going to let bygones be bygones and let him go?
    Barry didn't throw the entire Speed Force, just some of its energy. The Speed Force has plenty to spare, it seems, although I could see something going awry now that that sphere thing is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So uhh... By far the most creative Flash episode, ever? Anyone? Anyone else?
    Definitely. And also the most "superheroey" considering Barry spent almost the entire episode in costume (although mostly unmasked), and even Jay, Jesse, Vibe, and Killer Frost were suited up and constantly using their powers when they were moving fast enough to do so. Definitely one of my favorite episodes this season.

BANNED

Loved the intensity of the scene between Jesse and Harry. Barry using speed to move each of them into flash time only for them to fail seemed to resemble a wizard or Master searching for the one who could save the realm. Hurray for iris. Wish Jay has a role somewhere down the line where he doesn't seem to be useless. The show should look towards waifs run for inspiration. Wonder if devoe saying he wants to bring the enlightenment means he is going to join every single mind on earth into a hive mind or is somehow going to tap the speed force which is hinted as a universal source of energy and knowledge in the comics.

Retired

I did have a problem with Flash Time, in that they did such a good job of making them look sweaty it was quite off-putting for me. Usually, TV shows make the perpsiration look sexy, but this gave me such a sense of not-good body odour sweat--it was like being in a stinky locker room and quite yucky. Props to the production department for making it real, but I wouldn't want to go there again.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I did have a problem with Flash Time, in that they did such a good job of making them look sweaty it was quite off-putting for me. Usually, TV shows make the perpsiration look sexy, but this gave me such a sense of not-good body odour sweat--it was like being in a stinky locker room and quite yucky. Props to the production department for making it real, but I wouldn't want to go there again.
    They weren't sweating sexy enough...?

Um...ok then....

I kind of get what Jim is saying, though. Most TV shows have the people looking like models on a beach photo shoot, sweating in a way that accentuates their features. They never look tired, just glow-y.
    Barry, especially, looked exhausted and not so "sexy".

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    1. This better not be the end of JWS’s Jay Garrick! Come on! They have hardly done anything with the character.
    2. I was spinning my brain on who the speedster could be as well?
    There is only one name I could come up with that might be her, Patty Spivot. Pre-Crisis there was a sort of imaginary tale where Patty was Barry's lab assistant and a lightning bolt blasted through a window and struck a shelf of chemicals Patty was standing nearby. Barry super-speeded her away but had an instant daydream of what would have happened if those chemicals (some of them new and experimental) splashed her and turned her into a speedster.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I kind of get what Jim is saying, though. Most TV shows have the people looking like models on a beach photo shoot, sweating in a way that accentuates their features. They never look tired, just glow-y.
    Barry, especially, looked exhausted and not so "sexy".
    Makes me think that Central City might have a distinct odour of B.O.