Page 29 of 130 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He doesn't seem to care about that or he wouldn't be fighting this hard in the first place. He seems to be at peace about this torching any possibility he ever had for a huge Hollywood leading man career.
    But what's the end game? If his career goes up in smoke for no benefit either personal or for anyone else (which appears to be where this is headed), then what's the point? I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing a new Curt Flood here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    The man has already said that he doesn’t care if never gets another role again. Why does anyone think he cares about casting directors? Why does anyone even care if he ever works again? If that man is willing to do all this in the name of doing what he feels is right, then more power to him!
    Except what he's doing is questionable and at times incredibly bone headed because how he's acting isn't how these things go. That's why many people are taking his words with a mountain of salt. Taking credit for Whedon with the Nevers' is a also a bad look, all it does is make him appear petty and he's not involved in what's going on behind the scenes there. It comes across more like desperation to be relevant in his vendetta against Whedon and just makes Whedon look professional and sympathetic as a comparison. Feelings aren't facts, and Fisher is low on facts.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Okay who is going to PAY his BILLS?

Folks seem to forget about that.

He says he does not care-EVERYBODY including black casting agents and directors will make sure he doesn't work again.

This is not John Boyega who has a resume and a production company. Folks saw him get wronged by Star Wars.
    That simply isn’t my business. He’s grown and he’s the only person who has to worry about that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    But what's the end game? If his career goes up in smoke for no benefit either personal or for anyone else (which appears to be where this is headed), then what's the point? I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing a new Curt Flood here.
    If we're taking what he's saying at face value, it seems like he'd be content ending his career in acting to curtail the injustices he sees in Hollywood. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that, but he does seem to be going full scorched Earth and probably hopes social media will have his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If we're taking what he's saying at face value, it seems like he'd be content ending his career in acting to curtail the injustices he sees in Hollywood. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that, but he does seem to be going full scorched Earth and probably hopes social media will have his back.
    Yeah, that's my takeaway too. He wants the people in power who he believes abused said power on the set of JL to be held accountable and isn't concerned with his own status in regards to making his truth be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The problem, under the surface of his accusations, is that the real injustice he is seeing in Hollywood is his career trajectory veering off in the wrong direction. I don't think he's going to get much sympathy over that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The problem, under the surface of his accusations, is that the real injustice he is seeing in Hollywood is his career trajectory veering off in the wrong direction. I don't think he's going to get much sympathy over that.
    Yeah, that's my take too. I think if he'd shown charisma or magnetism in his Whedon scenes, he wouldn't have been doing this because he would have been picked up for his solo movie. After all, the charismatic Mamoa got one, as did the also charismatic Gadot. And for that matter Levi over in Shazam. The sad fact is, he's at best a sort of okay TV actor with no charisma, not a movie star. And he's competing with much better actors with vastly charisma like Michael Jai White, (who also brings his considerable martial arts skills to the table), Micheal B. Jordan, and many others. Who even among Fisher's supporters would take him in a role over any of them?

My advice to him? WB isn't going to settle to make you go away, since you appear to have no case. Learn to code, you're never going to make a living at acting.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, that's my take too. I think if he'd shown charisma or magnetism in his Whedon scenes, he wouldn't have been doing this because he would have been picked up for his solo movie. After all, the charismatic Mamoa got one, as did the also charismatic Gadot. And for that matter Levi over in Shazam. The sad fact is, he's at best a sort of okay TV actor with no charisma, not a movie star. And he's competing with much better actors with vastly charisma like Michael Jai White, (who also brings his considerable martial arts skills to the table), Micheal B. Jordan, and many others. Who even among Fisher's supporters would take him in a role over any of them?

My advice to him? WB isn't going to settle to make you go away, since you appear to have no case. Learn to code, you're never going to make a living at acting.
    While I'm not sure he doesn't have enough charisma to be a star (I liked him in JL, FWIW), there's just too much competition for a newbie to battle with out there.

Wasn't this instigated by Fisher wanting more money than what WB was offering for an appearance in The Flash movie?

THR said they reached out to his reps about the money issue and said they sidestepped it and refused to give a definitive yes or no. So yeah, probably. Or at least they didn't deny it. As for the career thing, from his perspective he probably feels like he got a raw deal.

When you're a young, unknown actor and you get picked up for a major role in one of these big superhero franchises, you're probably hoping it'll open up a lot of doors for you (see examples like Tom Holland and Chris Hemsworth). When he signed on, it was with the understanding that it'd be a role that was in at least two Justice League films plus a sweet solo spin-off (and the potential for a sequel). Then not only does that not happen, but you aren't even able to parlay your role in this huge franchise into other movie work. Then on top of that, it was obvious he's close with Snyder and was very invested in Snyder's vision for the DC Universe, only for Snyder to exit the franchise and have his vision abandoned by the studio after Batman v Superman underperforms. I can see how with all that he'd be bitter and feel guys like Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon screwed him over and wrecked his fledgling career prospects (even though it's highly debatable if Snyder's original Justice League vision would've been any more financially or critically successful than Whedon's) in addition to feeling like they double crossed or mistreated Zack.

The thing is him continuing to go after Whedon after he's already stepped down and seemingly cut ties with WB makes it seem like he just has an axe to grind rater than any righteous fury over discrimination on the set. We'll see what the investigation turns up. Whedon was apparently scared enough that he rabbited, so maybe there was some fire behind that smoke.

He was inarguably the least compelling JL member. No debate... I think the only character less compelling or on par with cyborgs lack luster was the execution of steppenwolf

Ive never witnessed a none actor, torpedo their career faster and more effectively... joss Whedon has been directing major successes, or at the very least serviceable materials since the late 90s...

20 to 30 years of success in film... has anyone ever attempted to bad mouth him... according to screenrant the most they can come up with is he's a shitty cheating husband..

And actor who played spike claimed whedon verbally attacked him over the spike characters success...

So out of 30 years there seems to be really nothing to go on....

James Cameron or even Stanley kubrick have both been accused of being verbally or mentally abusive... good luck destroying those guys legacies over that...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    20 to 30 years of success in film... has anyone ever attempted to bad mouth him... according to screenrant the most they can come up with is he's a shitty cheating husband..

And actor who played spike claimed whedon verbally attacked him over the spike characters success...

So out of 30 years there seems to be really nothing to go on.....
    He fired Charisma Carpenter for getting pregnant, and she had to find out she wasn't coming back for season 5 from the news and not anyone who actually worked with her. There was also apparently some conflict with Sarah Michelle Gellar towards the end of Buffy, and the writing of conflict between Buffy and her friends was some sort of meta commentary about Gellar and the rest of the crew. Which if true, is very petty and sacrificing the show to work out his own crap. Joss seems to treat everyone nice as long as they kiss his ass or act buddy buddy with him, but go against his wishes and things won't end well. Like with Carpenter or Gellar (though he couldn't fire the latter). I don't know if anything went down between him and David Boreanaz, but it doesn't seem they were ever especially close and I think Boreanaz took issue with the treatment of Carpenter. And yeah, there is the story with James Marsters that seems in line with how Joss behaves.

This is of course doesn't mean Fisher isn't also full of crap. I have no doubt Joss probably acted like an *******, being brought into a production that wasn't his with actors who weren't used to him and were loyal to his predecessor. if Joss is guilty, good riddance but if it wasn't anything more than just being a petty jerk but noting outside the norm for Hollywood productions, Fisher may just be seeking attention. Basically, all these people are annoying as hell.

But I am torn between wishing the Snyder cut will just come out so we can put this whole cancerous production behind us, and finding the behind the scenes melodrama genuinely more entertaining than either cut of this film will ever hope to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    That simply isn’t my business. He’s grown and he’s the only person who has to worry about that.
    Nope, with things like this anyone backing him goes under he microscope. If Fisher has nobody, this is just a bluff and WB knows they'll win before a lawsuit begins - that's been his implied nuclear weapon against his opponents. If it's someone who's a major scumbag, like Peter Thiel, Fisher looks dubious by association, if it's someone like Zach Snyder people will think Fisher's doing this out of loyalty to Snyder/The Snyder Cut. Everything Fisher does matters in public perception, especially if he's vying on social media for leverage and his leverage fades the longer this draws out with no smoking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He fired Charisma Carpenter for getting pregnant, and she had to find out she wasn't coming back for season 5 from the news and not anyone who actually worked with her. There was also apparently some conflict with Sarah Michelle Gellar towards the end of Buffy, and the writing of conflict between Buffy and her friends was some sort of meta commentary about Gellar and the rest of the crew. Which if true, is very petty and sacrificing the show to work out his own crap. Joss seems to treat everyone nice as long as they kiss his ass or act buddy buddy with him, but go against his wishes and things won't end well. Like with Carpenter or Gellar (though he couldn't fire the latter). I don't know if anything went down between him and David Boreanaz, but it doesn't seem they were ever especially close and I think Boreanaz took issue with the treatment of Carpenter. And yeah, there is the story with James Marsters that seems in line with how Joss behaves.

This is of course doesn't mean Fisher isn't also full of crap. I have no doubt Joss probably acted like an *******, being brought into a production that wasn't his with actors who weren't used to him and were loyal to his predecessor. if Joss is guilty, good riddance but if it wasn't anything more than just being a petty jerk but noting outside the norm for Hollywood productions, Fisher may just be seeking attention. Basically, all these people are annoying as hell.

But I am torn between wishing the Snyder cut will just come out so we can put this whole cancerous production behind us, and finding the behind the scenes melodrama genuinely more entertaining than either cut of this film will ever hope to be.
    Nothing you said seems out of the norm...

I mean if the character wasnt supposed to be pregnant... then thats the end of it.

If a male actor got unreasonablely fat. And the character was meant to be fit. Then id expect hed be fired.

The stuff about gellar sounds like gossip or just yah petty, but nothing significant...

Frankly kubrick was mentally abusive during the shining.

James Cameron is famous for being nearly impossible to work with... during abyss the cast hated him... he forced them to work in pee soaked diving suits and in a water tank that became toxic from urine...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    He was inarguably the least compelling JL member. No debate... I think the only character less compelling or on par with cyborgs lack luster was the execution of steppenwolf

Ive never witnessed a none actor, torpedo their career faster and more effectively... joss Whedon has been directing major successes, or at the very least serviceable materials since the late 90s...

So out of 30 years there seems to be really nothing to go on....

James Cameron or even Stanley kubrick have both been accused of being verbally or mentally abusive... good luck destroying those guys legacies over that...
    How many years did it take for Weinstein to get outed as the monster he was? Don't mistake silence for absence of foul play. People in power tend to stay there because of the control and connections they have. Not saying this happened or it didn't, but don't jump to the conclusion that just because people have been silent that nothing went on. It's possible he did abuse people but they didn't want to torpedo their career and stayed silent. Just because it's been happening for over 80 years doesn't mean that **** isn't wrong, so while it may be the norm, the norm can suck pretty bad.

What it comes down to as of right now is that the rumors are Fisher didn't get the deal he wanted and is scorching the Earth and calling out bad behavior, spinning it a bit with PR to get social forum on his side. It also seems relatively likely that those things Fisher is claiming did in fact transpire in some fashion, so what remains to be seen is the severity of the actions and if Fisher is indeed acting out from altruism or a perceived slight.

My two cents? The answer lies somewhere in the middle, but I'm inclined to believe given the absolute mess of a production schedule that the people involved were probably not their best selves during the JL reshoots and Fisher's claims have merit. But we have nothing to go on, it's literally just "he said/he said" so time will tell.