Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

So Stephen Amell posted a pic of himself all beaten up for Crisis on Infinite Earths. And someone on reddit noticed on the board behind him you can make out some Superman related names for the crisis. Clark, Lois, baby superboy and Lex. Interestingly you can see Clark written at least 3 times (presumably Welling, Routh and Hoechlin). But Lois is written 3 times, Hatcher maybe?? And Lex is written twice, Shea maybe?? Could we also expect maybe, just maybe a Dean Cain cameo too?
    861BEEB6-063D-427B-8ACA-3F0BEC710653.jpg

It does look pretty cool. But I suspect this portrayal is more likely to be Earth 2 Superman, not KC Superman (if this really does follow the original Crisis)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know if they’d have the same impact though. What made J’onn special was that he was one of the founding JL members who had died and now his corpse was back to wreck havoc. Plus few other characters are as powerful as he is. Is there an equivalent to that who is dead in the Arrowverse?
    OG!Laurel Lance? At least for the Arrow and Flash casts (and some Legends).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    OG!Laurel Lance? At least for the Arrow and Flash casts (and some Legends).
    Firestorm maybe? Both Ronnie and Martin are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    It does look pretty cool. But I suspect this portrayal is more likely to be Earth 2 Superman, not KC Superman (if this really does follow the original Crisis)
    He’ll be a Earth 2ish, Kingdom Comish, Donnerish, Bryan Singerish Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Firestorm maybe? Both Ronnie and Martin are dead.
    Yeah, I think Professor Stein would probably shake a lot of people up.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Again,no offense to Hoechlin,but I kind of wonder why they just didn't go to Routh to portray Superman in the first place for Supergirl. We know he was Ray on Arrow and Legends, but that didn't stop them from using him in CRISIS.

I mean,from that pic they both look good,but Hoechlin looks like high quality Superman cosplay,while Routh is Superman who just walked out of a comic page.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So Stephen Amell posted a pic of himself all beaten up for Crisis on Infinite Earths. And someone on reddit noticed on the board behind him you can make out some Superman related names for the crisis. Clark, Lois, baby superboy and Lex. Interestingly you can see Clark written at least 3 times (presumably Welling, Routh and Hoechlin). But Lois is written 3 times, Hatcher maybe?? And Lex is written twice, Shea maybe?? Could we also expect maybe, just maybe a Dean Cain cameo too?
    861BEEB6-063D-427B-8ACA-3F0BEC710653.jpg
    Intriguing. I certainly hope they do work in at least a cameo from Dean,Teri and John.

Of course,the other Lex *could* be Alexander Luthor from the original Crisis story, played by a new actor. That way,they could theoretically then do INFINITE CRISIS as the follow up crossover in a few years when it's time for Flash and Supergirl to wrap their runs.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Again,no offense to Hoechlin,but I kind of wonder why they just didn't go to Routh to portray Superman in the first place for Supergirl. We know he was Ray on Arrow and Legends, but that didn't stop them from using him in CRISIS.

I mean,from that pic they both look good,but Hoechlin looks like high quality Superman cosplay,while Routh is Superman who just walked out of a comic page.
    That would have likely messed with his filming schedule with Legends so it's understandable, plus it would have caused some confusion as to who this Superman is. And i'm glad to have Routh as Superman again, but I fear some might be getting their hopes a bit too high. Routh is leaving the Legends and the Arrowverse in general. With his foot out the door, I think the people at CW probably fought very hard to get him to play Superman again. Hoechlin on the other hand is still young, and can pop up to play Superman whenever he's needed, the same can't be said for Routh after crisis.
    Last edited by GSman; 10-02-2019 at 01:37 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    That would have likely messed with his filming schedule with Legends so it's understandable, plus it would have caused some confusion as to who this Superman is. And i'm glad to have Routh as Superman again, but I fear some might be getting their hopes a bit too high. Routh is leaving the Legends and the Arrowverse in general. With his foot out the door, I think the people at CW probably fought very hard to get him to play Superman again. Hoechlin on the other hand is still young, and can pop up to play Superman whenever he's needed, the same can't be said for Routh after crisis.
    He just isn't buff enough or big enough. Come on, superman should be a big dude. Cavill is also of similar height. But, he pulls it off more.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He just isn't buff enough or big enough. Come on, superman should be a big dude. Cavill is also of similar height. But, he pulls it off more.
    Hey, that's an issue that can be rectified. Just look up pics of Tyler Hoechlin, he's pretty in shape, even more so than Tom Welling was in Smallville, and around the same level of buff as Routh in Returns. If it's a real issue, he could work out more.

Astonishing Member

Hoechlin is basically a glorified cameo on SG, the show won't invest in him because he's not the focus. Tom is naturally massive and so much hoopla is made over Brandon's high profile return, it seems Hoechlin will still be automatically shoved aside for the others. That's just the reality. I do want a "Superman" looking Superman but i may be more blasé about this than most because of the circumstances of the CW verse. I'm certain if we had a show, Hoechlin or some other actor would absolutely make sure he looked the part. It's an unfortunate situation.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Hey, that's an issue that can be rectified. Just look up pics of Tyler Hoechlin, he's pretty in shape, even more so than Tom Welling was in Smallville, and around the same level of buff as Routh in Returns. If it's a real issue, he could work out more.
    He most certainly can look the part but I feel that the SG has benefited from having a less buff Superman and the CW endorsed it.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 10-02-2019 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

Agreed. Sometimes I think the CW chose Tyler as Superman because he would not be able to overshadow Kara too much. He is the Superman they needed..

Someone on twitter: "Kingdom Come Superman looks significantly better than Jobber Superman."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Brandon looks amazing as Superman. But I always loved him in the role. I pray his role in Crisis is good..

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Hoechlin is basically a glorified cameo on SG, the show won't invest in him because he's not the focus. Tom is naturally massive and so much hoopla is made over Brandon's high profile return, it seems Hoechlin will still be automatically shoved aside for the others. That's just the reality. I do want a "Superman" looking Superman but i may be more blasé about this than most because of the circumstances of the CW verse. I'm certain if we had a show, Hoechlin or some other actor would absolutely make sure he looked the part. It's an unfortunate situation.

Edit:
    He most certainly can look the part but I feel that the SG has benefited from having a less buff Superman and the CW endorsed it.
    Hoechlin, according to a Google search, is 6'. Routh looked huge on screen, but he also spent a lot of time standing next to Kate Bosworth (5'5") and Kevin Spacey (5'10") so I thought he looked taller than his listed height (6'2"). Of course, listed height is pretty unreliable; Zachary Levi is supposed to be 6'3" but he looked shorter than Routh on Chuck (who knows if they gave Routh lifts). I guess the difference for me is more that Routh seems to have broader shoulders, so he looks more the part of Superman than Hoechlin, and something about his costume doesn't really accentuate or inform a large frame.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Someone on twitter: "Kingdom Come Superman looks significantly better than Jobber Superman."
    Hahaha. That SG costume is just not high on my list.

Retired

Tom Welling finally answered a question I always had about the 1950s Superboy/Superman. Now I see that a teen so thin could become a man so massive.