Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Basically, Scott, Sebastian got their asses whooped by the Golden Girls, while Emma Frost Got Punked by them................WOW.

Issue 3...Not Good.
    Wow, X-Men underestimating their opponents and getting beaten. Such a horrrrrrrible comic book *eyeroll*

lol 8/10. This was my fave issue of X-men. I literally laughed the entire issue. The dialogue was a little stiff but i get the humor hickman was going for and my brain did the rest. this was really really fun. I feel like all of the comics are building for the longterm and quickly and it's made me a little lax and forgiving with some of the plot rushing. I think i feel i have a clearer image of what hickman is doing overall and i'm good with it.

Shaw be eating up the boys and girls. lol. I'm quickly becoming a Shaw fan between this and Marauders.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Very nice issue. I like the idea of using a few done in one to introduce treats and themes to the book for the long run instead of having a 5 issue Arakko arc and then a 5 issue hordehouse arc etc. Knowing how Hickman works from FF, Avengers and East of West all these things will intertwine and payoff in the long run. The issue itself was enjoyable. The old ladies are obviously augmented, Cyclops ray wow uso have been enough to put them down otherwise so I don’t find them unrealistic as enemies, I mean Magneto is 200 years old right?

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    i thought he was joking ...
    Seems like it isn't a joke

The dialog from the established X-characters was bad. The Hordeculture ladies are fun, but I just can't get into this book.

I didn't even read the issue, but by reading these comments, I can only conclude that there were two different versions of this comic released, one 10/10 quality and one 0/10 quality.

People complaining about this being one-and-dones when Hickman told us that was what is was going to be before the book even launched. LMAO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wow, X-Men underestimating their opponents and getting beaten. Such a horrrrrrrible comic book *eyeroll*
    I thought we were PAST THAT!!!.

This was VERY embarrassing.......

Emma should have started throwing Mutant Diamond Hands on those Golden Girls...Old or Not your trespassing and your a Thief.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    For me, it’s the opposite end of the same spectrum as the Hellfire Brats but rather than a bunch of kids, we have a bunch of old ladies who look about bone broke hip away from coming at the X-Men with walkers and wheelchairs. I just can’t take them seriously as villains much less a threat. Sure Vulture may be old but these villains look geriatric old.And for them to be making fools of the X-Men like that is just embarrassing. These are not villains I care to see more of.
    And I can assure you, most 64 year olds don’t look as old as Augusta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    People complaining about this being one-and-dones when Hickman told us that was what is was going to be before the book even launched. LMAO
    Yeah, but he didn't tell us it was gonna be this awful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    because this format is very nontraditional for the X-books.
    Too bad. The X-Men “tradition” has been tired for decades.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank God this book is twice a month. So far we've got...

1) The Children of the Vault are still around
    2) The 1st Horsemen of Apocalypse are either still around or have descendants still fighting their first enemy
    3) The Krakoa gates can be hacked.

People would've seeked therapy if there were 4-5 weeks between that.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 12-04-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    because this format is very nontraditional for the X-books. I didnt read his Avengers stuff so whatever he did there is completely irrelevant to me and people should stop using that as an excuse or response to people not digging this book. People are used to and want an episodic-like structure, not a series of oneshots. It doesnt feel fitting for the flagship title. It might have been acceptable if the writing is good, but its not. Hickman's characters feel stiff and these oneshot plots have been boring. Who cares if its setup for future stuff if the material just isnt interesting
    i read his avengers and his FF, and still don't see what they have to do with X-books.

I think people can critic x-books without having read his other books. I think writing the flagship of x-men is very different from avengers and FF. There is some important side bok son x-men, like x-force and marauders.

The writing has been very boring, with bad characterization

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    And I can assure you, most 64 year olds don’t look as old as Augusta.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I didn't even read the issue, but by reading these comments, I can only conclude that there were two different versions of this comic released, one 10/10 quality and one 0/10 quality.
    Read it, it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i read his avengers and his FF, and still don't see what they have to do with X-books.

I think people can critic x-books without having read his other books. I think writing the flagship of x-men is very different from avengers and FF. There is some important side bok son x-men, like x-force and marauders.

The writing has been very boring, with bad characterization
    Writing the X-Men is different because the fans are something else lol