Page 198 of 827 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298698 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 12392

That rotting scene near the end was surprisingly graphic. The special effect reminded me of how the Mnemoth left a possessed body to decompose in Constantine.

EDIT: Or what happened to the Viper victims in Gotham.

DC seems to have a rotting fetish. :P
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 03-31-2015 at 08:20 PM.

I also love how it follows the comics but tweeks and changes little things so even us comic readers are surprised. Since the midseason finale, the show has been on fire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    Much like the University of Kentucky basketball program, the Flash is getting close to achieving a perfect season. There hasn’t been an episode I haven’t loved yet, and this one was especially great.

As most of you have pointed out, Hamill owned the Trickster role. (I won’t lie, I pretended the whole time that he was the Joker.) Great creepy theme music too!

Revealing Barry’s identity to Eddie was an interesting choice, and it’ll be interesting to see what the writers do with it.

Establishing that Harrison Wells was a real person who originally invented the particle accelerator independent of Thawne’s machinations is an effective way to avoid a potential time-paradox situations.

On the other hand, I have to admit that I’m sad to again see that the ‘Wells’ we know is really just evil. Early in the season, I was hoping that he’d be someone who genuinely cared for Barry/wanted him to be faster but was somehow at odds with him, but I think at this point Wells/Thawne has been outright evil from the beginning (regret over having to kill Cisco aside). I don’t mind having an unsympathetic villain, but Tom has done such a sympathetic job portraying him it’s going to be sad to lose that. It’s sad to think most—if not all—of those moments were lies.

Man, does that trailer have me hyped for the finale. Who thought network television could be this good?
    see. this is why i prefer television over movies. they always give you more and you couldn't wait for the episode next week where as movies it's just only 2 and a half hours seeing some things and yet i don't geek out in them since i am such a big comic reader and i'm just not a big fan of some of the films like avengers. i love thanos and black panther but thanos doesn't surprise me that muchy since this is just a blockbuster series instead of a big episodic series.

Retired

I love the whole chemisty between Gustin and Shipp when they were talking about what it feels like to be the Flash. Of course, they're acting and I know neither has really had those powers--but on some level it's like they have.

It was a bit risky for Barry to reveal his identity to his dad. But revealing it to Eddie I think was like putting a curse on the younger Thawne. You know nothing good can come of this. I think Eddie is due for a world of hurt that he doesn't deserve.

I wonder if they filmed all of Nora Allen's death scene at the same time months ago. Or everytime they do a flashback, do they have to get all those actors back and match the shots for continuity? Little kids don't stay the same size for very long.

There's so much in this series for all kinds of people. It's not just for DC comics fans alone. The show desarves a bigger audience than the CW can supply.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There's so much in this series for all kinds of people. It's not just for DC comics fans alone. The show desarves a bigger audience than the CW can supply.
    I agree so much. This show is special and has far surpassed Arrow or any other comic based tv show for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I am not a fan of the show, but I will definitely be tuning in next week for Mark Hamill. Love that guy. And his Trickster is awesome.

Also, even though I don't like the way most of the characters are adapted, I think Cavanagh is a great Reverse Flash. And Cisco is pretty good too. I'm just not big on the others. Anyway, back to the Reverse Flash. I know this is nitpicky, but how do you guys think he was able to establish himself as Harrison Wells when he went back in time.? Wouldn't he need a birth certificate and a valid form of ID to obtain property and get a job at a top corporation? I know he could fake some of it or he could have killed a man and stolen his identity (but that seems unlikely because the name Harrison Wells is a clear homage to the author of The Time Machine), but I don't know how he'd be able to fake parents on a birth certificate.
    Okay. That question was answered.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I really wish they mamde Shipp Jay. He would've looked great in the tin hat. But hey, who knows? Maybe there will be a twist and he was neer really Henry Allen, but Jay Garrick all along.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 03-31-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Retired

Okay. That question was answered.
    I knew a young woman once who had changed her last name to Wells, because of H.G. Wells. Although, since she was a filmmaker, i thought she should've change her name to Welles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I agree so much. This show is special and has far surpassed Arrow or any other comic based tv show for that matter.
    this is why i prefer comic books to have TV shows. this is why i'm more excited for the marvel netflix shows than the movies. i also love how TASM series tried the serialized approach and Andrew and Rhys really sold us on the role including his chemistry with Emma, Sally, Martin, Chris, and Dane and i wish there were more of them and wished they made this into a netflix series without sony's meddling because they were really my dream casts watching the series and i loved the deleted scene in TASM 2 with Flash, May, and Harry. it's really one of the reasons why i'm glad they hired webb and these actors because their screentime together were spot on.

but we're talking about flash and i cannot wait to see what the other episodes will bring us. i wonder if Iris will know this season and i wonder if Season 2 or 3 will even involve flashpoint and would lead to the Justice League. i also wonder if Martian Manhunter will be involved with the FLash.

back to the tv shows, i wish more comics were adapted into television than on movies when in movies they just rush through things and give us some explanation and go straight to the fight while in tv shows they have more room to expand the origin, abilities, character development, etc. it's sad that spiderman has to be adapted into movies again because there is just so much things you can do with spiderman and the raimi films proved you can't handle the mythos much on films and the webb films at least try to expand everything in the mythos. i don't even mind another origin story but since they are skipping it and will be another 2 and a half movie series with most things becoming a subplot they just had a missed opportunities to have what shows like Dexter, Better call Saul, Breaking Bad, Smallville and the Flash have for a Spiderman tv series

BANNED

I really wish they mamde Shipp Jay. He would've looked great in the tin hat. But hey, who knows? Maybe there will be a twist and he was neer really Henry Allen, bu Jay Garrick all along.

that would've been a terrific idea since he played the flash from the 90s. it would've been clever.

Mighty Member

So how about that new costume for Barry 15 years ago? White chest symbol, and it looked like the lower half got a pretty major overhaul, though I couldn't get a great look it came so fast. Does this mean we're getting a more comic accurate flash suit in the near future?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post

back to the tv shows, i wish more comics were adapted into television than on movies when in movies they just rush through things and give us some explanation and go straight to the fight while in tv shows they have more room to expand the origin, abilities, character development, etc. it's sad that spiderman has to be adapted into movies again because there is just so much things you can do with spiderman and the raimi films proved you can't handle the mythos much on films and the webb films at least try to expand everything in the mythos. i don't even mind another origin story but since they are skipping it and will be another 2 and a half movie series with most things becoming a subplot they just had a missed opportunities to have what shows like Dexter, Better call Saul, Breaking Bad, Smallville and the Flash have for a Spiderman tv series
    I feel the same. Or if DC wants to do theatrical movies, I think they should do animated movies. But falling short of that, if they must do live action movies, I think they should do prequels and such in animation (using the voices of the live actors). They could fill in a lot of the background for the origins and plot (that would otherwise require expensive CGI) by releasing several animated short films in between the theatrical movies.

If DC/WB really wants to do the Flash movie, I hope they try to work with the TV show--not against it. This series allows for multiple timelines and realities. It would be really cool if the movie Flash made a guest appearance on THE FLASH, which would help to cross-promote both. If Shipp can appear in this series, then I don't see why not.

Another thought. I hope the new actor brought in to play Thawne isn't intended to be an eventual replacement for Tom Cavanagh if the Reverse Flash is exposed and defeated or returns to his timeline/body. I wonder if Cavanagh would continue to be available for what could become a guest role instead of a main supporting character role. I read the new Thawne actor is supposed to return, although in what form was not stated. I hope this is off base, because Cavanagh's acting has been one of the strongest parts of the show, and I'd like him to stick around in some form. Has he made any statements in interviews to indicate he's in this for the long haul?

Retired

I looked on IMDb for the other actor and he has a long list of credits, so I think it's likely he will show up again. But with time travel and multiple timelines anything is possible. And it also makes it possible for two Eobards to appear in a scene together without using costly CGI. With Cavanaugh he might have only signed up for one season--although it looks like he's having a lot of fun. But they could turn him into a recurring character next season--the way they've done with Barrowman on ARROW.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    see. this is why i prefer television over movies. they always give you more and you couldn't wait for the episode next week where as movies it's just only 2 and a half hours seeing some things and yet i don't geek out in them since i am such a big comic reader and i'm just not a big fan of some of the films like avengers. i love thanos and black panther but thanos doesn't surprise me that muchy since this is just a blockbuster series instead of a big episodic series.
    DC should build a Television universe rather than a cinematic universe because television is very much like periodical comic books - issues and episodes - same dynamic.

This episode was so geektastic I was having a geekgasm - at one point I got up and started dancing the robot like the guy from the Chappelle Show. BEST COMIC BOOK BASED TV SERIES EVER!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXgjQnPfec