View Poll Results: Who in your mind is responsible for the mutant wipeout in House of M?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • No one person is to blame

16 13.33%
  • Magneto [spent years twisting Wanda's mind]

3 2.50%
  • Emma and Logan [ wanted Wanda killed, inciting Pietro]]

0 0%
  • Pietro [prompted Wanda to change the world]

14 11.67%
  • Wanda [went crazy and did the deed]

53 44.17%
  • Some one else

34 28.33%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wouldn't say he got off easier than Wanda, but he did get off much quicker. Biggest issue with Scott is less legal and more personal. Avengers forgave Wanda, but Xmen never quite forgave Scott.
    In that, we are in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Are you saying Scott got off easy? In-Universe not even close, although as others have noticed it played out differently outside the books.
    I think the main point here is that most of what happened with Scott was to push his narrative. It wasn't to get rid of him. Pretty much all books were revolving around Scott and what he did, and he had pretty much his own book where his side was shown and his motivations were explained. He was a grey-moral character like, let's say, Punisher has always been. A lot of people love him exactly because of that, there's a huge fandom for "Rightclops" in here. The fact that he had it rough just made his fans and some other people root for him even more.

Wanda? She got pretty much character assassination. Bendis used a bunch of retcons and stupid **** to make her into a crazy villain, who was nothing but a plot device to push the Avengers and then X-Men books in another direction. Imagine if, for Scott, instead of how things went for him, Bendis had instead made him kill thousands of people with the Phoenix Force and after AvX ended he was, to this day, in comic limbo, nowhere to be found outside of one or two random amnesiac appearances. Well, even then, you could say the Phoenix Force was to blame instead of him. While Bendis based it all on "Well, Wanda's crazy and randomly murders people because Magneto is her dad and she had a rough childhood".

Not sure why Emma and Logan are choices, Pietro wasn't even present when they suggested putting Wanda down. All Quicksilver knew was that the Avengers were meeting in New York and assumed they were planning to kill her.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The seven years where she was fucking banned of being used in any book
    It's called Limbo dude. Gen X Fans are well acquainted with it.

I think the main point here is that most of what happened with Scott was to push his narrative. It wasn't to get rid of him. Pretty much all books were revolving around Scott and what he did, and he had pretty much his own book where his side was shown and his motivations were explained. He was a grey-moral character like, let's say, Punisher has always been. A lot of people love him exactly because of that, there's a huge fandom for "Rightclops" in here. The fact that he had it rough just made his fans and some other people root for him even more.

Wanda? She got pretty much character assassination. Bendis used a bunch of retcons and stupid **** to make her into a crazy villain, who was nothing but a plot device to push the Avengers and then X-Men books in another direction. Imagine if, for Scott, instead of how things went for him, Bendis had instead made him kill thousands of people with the Phoenix Force and after AvX ended he was, to this day, in comic limbo, nowhere to be found outside of one or two random amnesiac appearances. Well, even then, you could say the Phoenix Force was to blame instead of him. While Bendis based it all on "Well, Wanda's crazy and randomly murders people because Magneto is her dad and she had a rough childhood".
    That's fair. I can't deny that in some regards I was spoiled as a Cyke fan - even if I disagree with major points in the narrative pushed by Marvel in the X-books. I'm not ashamed to admit that when I first started posting here I ranted against Wanda in one of the regular "she's the worst" threads, but given time to think about it, Wanda and her fans definitely suffered. I've said it to many others, even those who dislike Cyclops, that I don't wish any ill on their favorite characters and I think it's bogus for some to be put in limbo. For me, Wanda's situation is just really the best example of how AvX is hot garbage that falls apart if you think about it for a few seconds.

I blame Chad.

Freakin' Chad. Just the worst.

The seven years where she was fucking banned of being used in any book vs all the years Scott has spent being the focal characer of not only Uncanny X-Men but the whole X-Men franchise. No one is comparing the things they did. The "treatment" being discussed here is about the consequences of those actions. You're randomly saying " Treated equally????", when the fact that they were not treated equally is exactly the point they're making.
    I will say this though ... I don't think they intentionally left Wanda in limbo for that long. I think they were just waiting for Heinberg to finish his Young Avengers follow up but it took him forever.

It took so long the art didn't fit the timeline at certain points.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You mean the seven years she was being a lovely gypsy woman In Wundagore, to being engaged to a King....yrsh she was really working hard on that path to redemption lol. Treated equally???? Wanda killed a Sh!t ton of innocent mutants Cyclops, end3d World Hunger, Made a real step to world peace saved his people and killed a dude attscking him so no those 2 things are not equal
    And readers get to see what Cyke was doing, what we got in 7 years for Wanda, like only remembered for the Bendis story and excluded as an Avenger.
    I will gladly read 7 years of Wanda's redemption arc and doing stuff to make things better, better than randomly show up and suddenly engaged to Doom.

Extraordinary Member

I will say this though ... I don't think they intentionally left Wanda in limbo for that long. I think they were just waiting for Heinberg to finish his Young Avengers follow up but it took him forever.

Again, if it's only Avengers Dissembled without House of M, she would be back much sooner, in a different place of MU of course, she will still probably be forgotten as an Avenger.
    But she won't be in the hot water.

Brian Michael Bendis and Joe Quesada. The blame rests with them.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Not sure why Emma and Logan are choices, Pietro wasn't even present when they suggested putting Wanda down. All Quicksilver knew was that the Avengers were meeting in New York and assumed they were planning to kill her.
    Pietro knew she was sick and out of control. Xavier and Doctor Strange had been tending to her for a while before the meeting, pietro went to talk about it with Magneto, clearly he why the meeting was happened and what the likely result was.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You mean the seven years she was being a lovely gypsy woman In Wundagore, to being engaged to a King....yrsh she was really working hard on that path to redemption lol.
    It was established she was completely amnesiac during that time. Kind of hard to redeem yourself when you literally can't remember anything that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There would be no chance for any such grooming. I've pointed out over and over again how the timeline doesn't fit. Doom gets trapped back in Hell because he didn't follow the rules of the bargain with the Hazareeth demons in Unthinkable. He briefly escapes in Authoritative Action but winds up in Hell again. Either that or back in the body he left behind in Reed's Moebius Dimension that he built as a prison for all time. And this all happened before Disassembled. Doom does not escape the Netherworld until Mjolnir comes ripping across the dimensions and creates a path for Doom to hitch a ride back to Earth. around the beginning of Civil War. So he wasn't even around when Wanda went berserk. It's debatable what version of him appears in House of M since his face is normal and Valeria and his Mother are both alive. I'd consider it an AR version.
    So it was a plot hole regarding the timeline. It was not the first and certainly not the last time a timeline didn't add up in the Marvel Universe. It's comics. Things like that are gonna happen all the time. You can create your own headcanons that try to fill in the gaps; maybe he set up a Doombot or magically created a dupe of himself that would do whatever he wanted them to do while he was away so he could finish it later on. Anyway, at the end of the day, canon told us that he was behind it, and like I said, I have no issue accepting that, because it is something I could see him doing.

Yeah, I also think this is what happened. It seemed like Heinberg's story was the story Marvel wanted as her official return to the MU, but since it took him so damn long to finish the thing, we were not allowed to have that for those years. Not just Wanda, but also no new Young Avengers ongoing, despite the fact that the first volume had been quite successful. That always pissed me off a little, 'cause we could've had so many stories during that time.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-08-2018 at 01:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Pietro knew she was sick and out of control. Xavier and Doctor Strange had been tending to her for a while before the meeting, pietro went to talk about it with Magneto, clearly he why the meeting was happened and what the likely result was.
    Doctor Strange forgot he is the one who checked her children and assured there is nothing wrong, and he just went on "your kids are fakeeeeeeeeee" mode.
    It's a fruitless effort to try to find who is to blame in this story, everyone is either forgetting important stuff or just plain nuts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It was established she was completely amnesiac during that time. Kind of hard to redeem yourself when you literally can't remember anything that happened.

So it was a plot hole regarding the timeline. It was not the first and certainly not the last time a timeline didn't add up in the Marvel Universe. It's comics. Things like that are gonna happen all the time. You can create your own headcanons that try to fill in the gaps; maybe he set up a Doombot or magically created a dupe of himself that would do whatever he wanted them to do while he was away so he could finish it later on. Anyway, at the end of the day, canon told us that he was behind it, and like I said, I have no issue accepting that, because it is something I could see him doing.

Yeah, I also think this is what happened. It seemed like Heinberg's story was the story Marvel wanted as her official return to the MU, but since it took him so damn long to finish the thing, we were not allowed to have that for those years. Not just Wanda, but also no new Young Avengers ongoing, despite the fact that the first volume had been quite successful. That always pissed me off a little, 'cause we could've had so many stories during that time.
    A series of amnesia by writers and the characters, can we as readers just forget about this and move on as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I blame Chad.

Freakin' Chad. Just the worst.
    You talking bout Chad?
    Hot dog Chad?
    That Chad?