Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Preppies
    Reaganomics
    Nose Candy
    New Wave
    What's not to love?
    Haha, can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not!

I don't care much for them myself. I like modern culture much more in most respects/

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not!

I don't care much for them myself. I like modern culture much more in most respects/
    Kids nowadays have no idea how big shoulder pads should be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    When I watch old movies, I tend to cringe at their fashion choices. Big shoulder pads seem idiotic IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Karma might get more focus in New Mutants
    I hope we get to see more of her family too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Right? It's how Liefield learned to draw people. A triangle. Giant shoulders a meter or more apart, teetering over tiny little feet that end in laser-sharp points.

Jubilee and kwannon are the big heavy hitting asian characters right now. I don’t mean in regards to power levels. Kwannon is in a bit of a transition as they are still dealing with her separation from betsy braddock. I have been enjoying both betsy and kwannon in their respective books but so far betsy has had more of a lasting impression on me. With hellions being as good as it is, that could quickly change. Jubilee is just freaking awesome. They need to draw her asian features as sometimes she just looks like a white girl but thats been a problem with a lot of characters over the span of the xmen. Jubilee is super interesting though and has remained consistently interesting throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Jubilee and kwannon are the big heavy hitting asian characters right now. I don’t mean in regards to power levels. Kwannon is in a bit of a transition as they are still dealing with her separation from betsy braddock. I have been enjoying both betsy and kwannon in their respective books but so far betsy has had more of a lasting impression on me. With hellions being as good as it is, that could quickly change. Jubilee is just freaking awesome. They need to draw her asian features as sometimes she just looks like a white girl but thats been a problem with a lot of characters over the span of the xmen. Jubilee is super interesting though and has remained consistently interesting throughout the years.
    Daken is getting a ton of page time in X-Factor as well, actually quite a bit more than Jubilee.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Daken is getting a ton of page time in X-Factor as well, actually quite a bit more than Jubilee.
    And more attempts at character advancement than Jubes has gotten... well, since she got saddled with Shogo. That kid needs to get aged up so Jubilee can have traits other than "worried mother figure" again.

Quote Originally Posted by anduinel View Post
    and more attempts at character advancement than jubes has gotten... Well, since she got saddled with shogo. That kid needs to get aged up so jubilee can have traits other than "worried mother figure" again.
    fo realzzz
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And more attempts at character advancement than Jubes has gotten... well, since she got saddled with Shogo. That kid needs to get aged up so Jubilee can have traits other than "worried mother figure" again.
    For me I'd say "attempt" is the operative word. I do not care for Williams version of Daken.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    For me I'd say "attempt" is the operative word. I do not care for Williams version of Daken.
    I'm aware. I included it specifically to allow for differing opinion.

I'm a bit mixed on Williams Daken as well, but I appreciate the focus.

In terms of Daken characterization, Liu's was great. Right combination of asshole and manipulative jerk, with the implication of some softer layers underneath all the claws.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-05-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Despite her poster girl status back in the day, it's baffling how little they do with Jubilee. Where's her love interests? Where's her villains with personal vendettas?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleB View Post
    Despite her poster girl status back in the day, it's baffling how little they do with Jubilee. Where's her love interests? Where's her villains with personal vendettas?
    LET THEM KNOW. If y’all could pick another book for Jubes to be in, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    LET THEM KNOW. If y’all could pick another book for Jubes to be in, what would it be?
    Warriors- a reunion of her iteration of the new warriors from volume 4. Most of them were depowered mutants who used tech to fake powers.

A solo could be fun. If Kid Cable and Wolverine could get a solo outside of their team book appearances so can Jubilee.

She just needs a new plot hook. Like a new job on Krakoa etc. The single mom drama could be a subplot or througline.

She could always join SWORD. They have snazzy outfits.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-06-2021 at 10:49 AM.