View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1063 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 635639631013105310591060106110621063106410651066106710731113 ... LastLast
Results 15,931 to 15,945 of 16971
    Incredible Member

I liked the cover, but the Hulkling bulge ...

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

According to Lucciano's IG story, Loki was supposed to be in the gap between America and Ramone. Seems like corporate meddling given that Loki's about to have his show start, and god forbid they acknowledge him as queer despite them probably using Lady Loki stuff in the show (albeit a very cisnormative way of going about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Billy's a lucky guy lmaooo

I mean if you can shapeshift why not embellish

By the way Phil Jimenez is good but I still prefer the Oliver Coipel cover
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdavidguy View Post
    Heroes Reborn: Hyperion and the Imperial Squad had two supporting LGBT characters; Flashfire and Neutron.
    They had quite a sweet interaction and given how neither are particularly developed in the core reality, I do wonder if that will be reflected there or if this is another "just alternate reality" situation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    According to Lucciano's IG story, Loki was supposed to be in the gap between America and Ramone. Seems like corporate meddling given that Loki's about to have his show start, and god forbid they acknowledge him as queer despite them probably using Lady Loki stuff in the show (albeit a very cisnormative way of going about it)

Billy's a lucky guy lmaooo
    Wowza, that's some serious bullshit but also very on-brand for heteronormal marketing. Theres some other MCU characters up there, wonder why Loki was made an exception? Maybe its coz 616 Loki has alotta bad **** under his belt for his villainous days and seems largely to focus more on heroes

Also agree Billy is deffo lucky

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Damn! Love this. And it looks like Teddy is running around with two big swords now.

Mr. Jimenez knew exactly what he was doing when he delivered this to the gays, haha.

I FREAKING KNEW IT! Didn't I say that gap was too weird to be a design choice? But I wonder why they would choose to leave Loki out, 'cause it's not like they had any issue allowing writers like Gillen and Ewing to openly portray him as queer before. And as far as the MCU goes, Ayo was also on that cover, even though she was just recently in the MCU too. So like, what's the hold up? It's weird. And just when we start winning with Hercules... I hope they don't try to put Loki back in the closet like Alonso did with Herc years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Maybe its coz 616 Loki has alotta bad **** under his belt for his villainous days and seems largely to focus more on heroes
    That cover has Mystique and Black Cat in it, so I don't think it's an excuse to exclude Loki. Specially when the current version of the character is the most heroic he's ever been.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-13-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Northstar kicked open the door but, the YA are Icons but we been knew that! Billy & Teddy paved the way we love to see it gay royalty can't nobody **** with them! ThinkFast, America, Noh, Loki they all the ****! I really hope David & Tommy get some shine in this issue since X-Factor is ending I really wanna see more of them!

WTF is that between little Bobby & Christian?

“That” is a nonbinary mutant named Madin, who appeared in the Iceman mini series written in 2018. Sina wanted to confirm them as nonbinary but was censored by editorial. The fact that they are there is quite significant, it makes them the first actual nonbinary character iirc, since they pre date Snowflake and Safe Space lol
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Looks like our complaining got something done! Loki was added back to the cover as of their posting of the Pride preview!

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...nkId=118687976

Mighty Member

Looks like our complaining got something done! Loki was added back to the cover as of their posting of the Pride preview!

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...nkId=118687976
    I don't get the reasoning behind removing Loki, given that both Lady Loki and Kid Loki are featured on the introduction pages

Glad he's back

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    “That” is a nonbinary mutant named Madin, who appeared in the Iceman mini series written in 2018. Sina wanted to confirm them as nonbinary but was censored by editorial. The fact that they are there is quite significant, it makes them the first actual nonbinary character iirc, since they pre date Snowflake and Safe Space lol
    Oh wow it's been so long since I've seen you on here, man. Good to see you again, hope you've been well.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Oh wow it's been so long since I've seen you on here, man. Good to see you again, hope you've been well.
    Hahaha oh wow, a familiar face! Nice to see you here friend, this place has changed a lot over the years and a lot of cool people have left, so it’s not as tempting to come back; it feels so desolate! Send me a DM, we should catch up!
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Astonishing Member

Yeah. Even with everything else going on with that cover, its hard to miss that!

I wonder if they have a list of the various covers that make up the background of the various Jiminez variants.

There are some I can definitely make out. ALPHA FLIGHT #106 (Northstar's coming out issue). An issue of the AMERICA solo series. CHILDREN'S CRUSADE. The RAWHIDE KID mini. Northstar and Kyle's wedding. An issue of RUNAWAYS. The first MARVEL'S VOICES. The X-FACTOR issue with Rictor and Shatterstar had their first kiss. The ICEMAN solo series, and the WINTER'S END one-shot that ended Sina Grace's run. HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (presumably for Destiny and Raven's first on-panel kiss). An issue of X-STATIX. DARKHOLD (for Victoria Montesi). There's an issue of MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS...not sure what that's for, but maybe its the Typhoid Mary story that had Marvel's first transgender character? I saw a NEW MUTANTS cover too...presumably a significant issue with Karma?

Any more?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

I love that intro - so amazing! And bless Vecchio for cramming in so many characters in there--between this, and his frame for his variant cover, and his pride parade story in MARVEL'S VOICES #1 last year he has really be a superstar at trying to get as many LGBT characters as possible included! He's got a George Perez-like talent for cramming in as many characters as he can in a given page, panel, etc.

I can identify almost everyone, but there is one I'm not sure on. In the first panel--who is the dark haired woman visible between Hector and Attractive Lad? Given the era being represented I'm guessing Victoria Montesi, but I'm not positive.

Incredible Member

Does anyone have a list of all these characters? With their names? I don't recognize everyone