Page 39 of 341 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

At least the picture is free.

They got the figure and the costume down pat but the face isn’t the best likeness I’ve seen.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Was it also shared about the Perez statue too ?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    They got the figure and the costume down pat but the face isn’t the best likeness I’ve seen.
    I think they did a great job with the face, everything about it. Too bad about the price, though

WONDER WOMAN BY GEORGE PERÉZ VOL. 6
    Writer: GEORGE PÉREZ
    Artists: GEORGE PÉREZ, JILL THOMPSON, and CYNTHIA MARTIN
    $29.99 US | 304 pages | 6 5/8″ x 10 3/16″ | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-030-3
    ON SALE 10/12/21

FINAL VOLUME! In 1987, writer and artist George Pérez reinvented Wonder Woman from the ground up, helping to shape the pop culture icon as fans know her today. This collection includes the final stories of Pérez’s five-year Wonder Woman run from Wonder Woman #58-62 and War of the Gods #1-4

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Prime 1 Studio and Blitzway Statue of Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman

Yikes!!!
    That face is certainly not Lynda Carter's.
    Sorry, people. That is a horrible likeness.

I really don't care about any of this, but what the hell are you all talking about? Look at her.

The nose, the eyebrows, the mouth. If anything, the only difference is that the cheeks are slightly fuller in real life, whereas the statue has a skinnier face, very slightly.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-18-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Nope. The real Lynda is gorgeous. That likeness is ok, whomever that woman is, but that ain't Lynda.

Seems like there are people reading Wonder Girl, and not reading Wonder Woman. Which isn't inherently a bad thing, just interesting.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really don't care about any of this, but what the hell are you all talking about? Look at her.

The nose, the eyebrows, the mouth. If anything, the only difference is that the cheeks are slightly fuller in real life, whereas the statue has a skinnier face, very slightly.
    As Frank Barone would say, 'Holy Crap'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Yikes!!!
    That face is certainly not Lynda Carter's.
    Sorry, people. That is a horrible likeness.
    Mariah.jpg

"I don't know her"

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think Nubia should be as powerful as Diana.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Pretty much..... Diana=Nubia>>>Donna>>>Yara=Cassie=(My head cannon Wonderboy)>>Hippolyta>>Important Named Amazons>Other Amazons
    Just curious why? I don't see why Nubia should get to be that strong?

I think the Wonder who should be close to Diana's level should be Hippolyta, simply because it makes sense. Other than that, here's how I break them up:. At this point, Diana should deal with the large swaths of Gods, her JL-tier villains, and whatever villains folks create, etc.
    Hippolyta should always be ready to defend Paradise Island. Donna and Artemis are on the same level (Artemis being the better fighter, Donna being more smarter). They're both strong enough to defeat minor Gods and handle Diana's non-God villains until they get to JL-levels (which is usually Circe and Cheetah), but they'd need help to defeat Olympian-tier Gods.
    I put Donna in Boston. Of course, Artemis has Bana-Mighdall (she's more wide-spread like Diana though). Cassie is Gateway's city hero. She doesn't do cosmic, Gods, or anything, but she's capable of handling herself because she's smart and resourceful. I fully believe Cassie was better when she wasn't a demigod. No idea where to put Nubia and Yara, don't know much about them, as of yet. Perhaps Yara can have Brazil and London. Nubia Washington D.C (didn't Diana live in D.C. pre-crisis? Or San Francisco?)

If you haven't noticed, I'm giving the others Diana's former spots. I have a brilliant idea that connects all the cities, so distance isn't a problem. Bridging Diana's history together through her girls.

And, then there's Wonder-Boy, the people's heroes. He's strong enough punch into concrete, able to run long distances, but he's street level. He goes after the street criminals. I'll give him Gateway City. There's also Wonder-Man, but I haven't fleshed him out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Just curious why? I don't see why Nubia should get to be that strong?

I think the Wonder who should be close to Diana's level should be Hippolyta, simply because it makes sense. Other than that, here's how I break them up:. At this point, Diana should deal with the large swaths of Gods, her JL-tier villains, and whatever villains folks create, etc.
    Hippolyta should always be ready to defend Paradise Island. Donna and Artemis are on the same level (Artemis being the better fighter, Donna being more smarter). They're both strong enough to defeat minor Gods and handle Diana's non-God villains until they get to JL-levels (which is usually Circe and Cheetah), but they'd need help to defeat Olympian-tier Gods.
    I put Donna in Boston. Of course, Artemis has Bana-Mighdall (she's more wide-spread like Diana though). Cassie is Gateway's city hero. She doesn't do cosmic, Gods, or anything, but she's capable of handling herself because she's smart and resourceful. I fully believe Cassie was better when she wasn't a demigod. No idea where to put Nubia and Yara, don't know much about them, as of yet. Perhaps Yara can have Brazil and London. Nubia Washington D.C (didn't Diana live in D.C. pre-crisis? Or San Francisco?)

If you haven't noticed, I'm giving the others Diana's former spots. I have a brilliant idea that connects all the cities, so distance isn't a problem. Bridging Diana's history together through her girls.

And, then there's Wonder-Boy, the people's heroes. He's strong enough punch into concrete, able to run long distances, but he's street level. He goes after the street criminals. I'll give him Gateway City. There's also Wonder-Man, but I haven't fleshed him out yet.
    Nubia was specifically created to be Diana's twin in every sense of the word, including physically. They'd been equals since the beginning, their earliest match ups had them fighting on par with each other. Nubia is Hippolyta's daughter and sculpted from clay the same way as Diana, its not that far of a stretch to say she received the same blessings as Diana from the Gods.

TBH my scale included Donna out of obligation not enjoyment, since I'm not a big fan of her and don't have a sold spot for her in my head canon.

But in my head canon, Diana and Nubia are max star-level combatants (due to their blessings, on top of being demigods, and having the blood of the amazon royal family) with universal level gear (lassos, lightning, respective armor & weapons).

Donna is a clone of Diana, albeit an imperfect one, making her weaker then the big sisters. She also doesn't have access to lightning. She's like a moon-small planet buster.

Hippolyta and her 3 other sisters are also half amazon half god, making them demigods. They are superior to other amazons because of this but have never been so far about that they'd be competing with Diana, Nubia, or even Donna. The more I think about, the more I would actually switch the sidekicks and Hippolyta & her sisters. They should physically be more powerful then the kids. But aren't blessed by the Patrons the way Nubia and Diana were.

Yara, Cassie, and Wonderboy are in the same league mainly due to age. Cassie and Yara being 22 and Wonderboy being 17. As heroes all 3 are pure demigods; Yara is unknow as of now, Cassie is Ares's daughter (making her Hippolyta's super little sister), and Wonderboy is Diana and Steve's son. They're all about city to small country level physically, but Wonderboy has access to lightning like his mom.

Finally, the amazons are basically above super human level. I'd say that one amazon could out muscle 2 maybe 3 Captain Americas if that gives you a rough idea of where they are. Artemis, Io, Phillipus, and every other named amazon are just the best of them i.e. a bit stronger or faster or smarter based on their skill sets.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I vaguely remember Nubia's origin. Was she also blessed with powers by the Olympian deities?

No I think she got her powers from Ares.