Page 44 of 371 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It didn't end. No matter what direction Avoca headed in, no matter where she looked, this damned room didn't end. It went on and on and on and on... forever. She let out a sigh and returned to the living space before she got lost for the rest of her life. I wonder if some dumbass actually got lost and is out there somewhere. It was a funny, if not harrowing thought. She was going to be in there for half a year. There was literally nothing but her, Tasure, and literal endless miles of white nothingness.

****. She was either going to go completely insane and have to be committed into a fucking loony bin or she was going to be the most mentally resilient person she knew. Either way, she was going to be out of this hell-hole, and she was never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Once she'd gone far enough for her liking, she turned and dropped into a fighting stance. "First, the basics. You're a saiyan, so I figure your basic fighting skills aren't too bad, but I want to see where you really stand compared to Sarada and especially Parsley." Sarada was good, but Parsley was one of the finest hand-to-hand fighters in the empire... next to herself, of course. Avoca had trained with both, so Tasure expected her to be above-average in that respect, but how above the average was unclear.
    Finally, something to take her mind off everything that was going on around her. Which was a whole lotta nothing. She cracked her neck and stepped forward. "Hand to hand, huh? Alright." She wanted to see how good she was compared to Parsley. Avoca had been training with her wife almost exclusively for years, and especially ever since their kids were old enough to start training. She may not have been as good fighter -- there were few who were -- but she was no pushover.

She got into an offensive position and immediately dashed forward, throwing punches and knees. She feinted every so often to open up weak spots she could attack.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Think of it this way, Little Love. The sooner you get stronger, the sooner you kill Tundra. The sooner you kill Tundra, the sooner you can mate with me again."Inanna replied with a smirk.

"And no, I won't be training immediately. Lampton needs following up on. So assume I miss two weeks... hardly the worst honestly. I'm already stronger than your SSJ form. Not that you can sense that~" With a quick peck on the cheek, the golden-eyed woman waved." See you in a few weeks. Hopefully Criostalach goes easy on you~!"

---

A moment later, the Oni appeared in Shek'hinah's office.

"Oh mother~!" The woman called out melodically. "What's a Lampton, and why does it remind me of tea time with Sarada's parents?"
    The goddess of Death, arguably the highest deity in the universe (Sihn not counting) looks up at her sharply.

“Well hello daughter. Always a pleasure.”

She stands and crushes Inanna in a hug, stepping back after a moment and getting serious once more.

“Lampton...Lampton....the name is....familiar. One moment.”

Her eyes start glowing purple, her gaze gone away as if looking through some great distance. It only takes a moment before her gaze snaps to Inanna once more.

“Lampton........why are you asking for him?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Not seeing anyone, Dash lifts off the ground and takes to the air. Flying at high speed, she soon arrives at the small house in the woods that she has called home for the past three years.

Unlocking the door and entering inside, it hit her that she might be away from here for some time.

Not wasting a moment, she gathered together whatever supplies she might need, placing them in a capsule for easy transport. Dash then moved around the house, cleaning up and securing it in a way she has done many times in the past. Her training often took to her the far reaches of the planet for days, if not months on end. She had a system in place to insure that the house was safe while she was gone.

As she did, she hesitated near her desk. There, her computer and several books and notebooks piled next to it. One pen lying over the top of them. It wasn't long before everything was wher it belonged.

Heading to the door, she looked it over one last time before exiting and locking the doors behind her.

With that, she once again took to the air, flying fast towards the Lookout. The whole process took less than an hour, at which point she landed back on the Plaza and headed inside.
    After arriving back, Dash looks around for Eva. She has a few questions about that training room, the Rose-at room.

OOC: Cleric, is Eva available for a brief Q&A?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Her attention was diverted, mostly by her own thoughts. While Shōchū was no longer human and lacked the DNA that once bound her to her cousin, she still seemed to possess his uncanny ability to zone out. Fortunately, her cybernetic side kept tabs of the situation around it and it was by its gently nagging that she took notice of something intriguing.

Among their numbers was a boy she had not met before, yet it was clear as day what he was: a machine mutant.

Curiosity struck her as she had thought only those of the Last Call made up the species. Was this boy a new creation of Dr. Sazerac, or perhaps an older one? Her data was inconclusive, which left only one method of figuring this out. The direct method.

"Excuse me," She began, approaching the one named Lantro, "Are you one of us?"

After arriving back, Dash looks around for Eva. She has a few questions about that training room, the Rose-at room.

OOC: Cleric, is Eva available for a brief Q&A?
    OT: Yep, she is.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The goddess of Death, arguably the highest deity in the universe (Sihn not counting) looks up at her sharply.

“Well hello daughter. Always a pleasure.”

She stands and crushes Inanna in a hug, stepping back after a moment and getting serious once more.

“Lampton...Lampton....the name is....familiar. One moment.”

Her eyes start glowing purple, her gaze gone away as if looking through some great distance. It only takes a moment before her gaze snaps to Inanna once more.

“Lampton........why are you asking for him?”
    "Because Auroc is apparently after him, which means I'd best handle it." Inanna replied, after straightening out- her decidedly skimpy- outfit. "Needless to say, it has been an... eventful day."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Because Auroc is apparently after him, which means I'd best handle it." Inanna replied, after straightening out- her decidedly skimpy- outfit. "Needless to say, it has been an... eventful day."
    She nods.

“Lampton is locked in the lowest level of HFIL. He was put there after my...quasi-death, so I am unfamiliar.....”

She pauses, frowning.

“Curious. There....there isn’t an actual file. Just a name and a rough date of his..confinement. He should have been sent through the soul cleanser by now and been reincarnated.”

She looks at Inanna.

“Care to investigate a mystery with your mother, dear?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She nods.

“Lampton is locked in the lowest level of HFIL. He was put there after my...quasi-death, so I am unfamiliar.....”

She pauses, frowning.

“Curious. There....there isn’t an actual file. Just a name and a rough date of his..confinement. He should have been sent through the soul cleanser by now and been reincarnated.”

She looks at Inanna.

“Care to investigate a mystery with your mother, dear?”
    "I most certainly would~" Inanna replies with a smirk. "Besides, I'm sure there's all sorts of goodies squirreled away in the lowest reaches of HIFL."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I most certainly would~" Inanna replies with a smirk. "Besides, I'm sure there's all sorts of goodies squirreled away in the lowest reaches of HIFL."
    She waves a hand and a swirling purple gate appears, before it moves and engulfs you both.

The portal gently deposits you within a unique place.

Sheki’hinah looks around, frowning.

“A....rather odd personal isolation.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT: Yep, she is.
    Catching up with Eva, Dash begins to speak even as she approached, "Hey, Lady Eva, ah have a question or two about that training room. Mostly ah'm wonderin' if there is a clock or soemthin that tells you when your time is up? Ah wouldn't want to overstay by accident." She then comes to a stop a few feet from the Guardian, "Also, ah was busy with that smoke monster, so ah'm not sure 'bout this. Were you hiden in there when the Lookout was under attack? Ah think ah saw you comin out from that direction when ah arrived."

Catching up with Eva, Dash begins to speak even as she approached, "Hey, Lady Eva, ah have a question or two about that training room. Mostly ah'm wonderin' if there is a clock or soemthin that tells you when your time is up? Ah wouldn't want to overstay by accident." She then comes to a stop a few feet from the Guardian, "Also, ah was busy with that smoke monster, so ah'm not sure 'bout this. Were you hiden in there when the Lookout was under attack? Ah think ah saw you comin out from that direction when ah arrived."
    “There is an external and internal time limit. Once it’s set outside, the doors will automatically open and the time dial Atkin effect will stop. Etrina can extend and manipulate that limit, but otherwise the timer is a for sure thing.”

“As to hiding....not quite. I lured the Knight into the room to either lose him in the void, or keep him from attacking the others.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She waves a hand and a swirling purple gate appears, before it moves and engulfs you both.

The portal gently deposits you within a unique place.

Sheki’hinah looks around, frowning.

“A....rather odd personal isolation.”
    The first thing Inanna noticed was how... odd it was, inside this particular room in HIFL. The second thing Inanna noticed was the desire- one that began to swell rapidly each second she remained in the room- to tumble and roll; as if in a bid to avoid some hitherto unknown source of incoming damage. A thing she very nearly did before realizing what she was doing.

"... yes. Odd indeed."

Arx Inosaan

“There is an external and internal time limit. Once it’s set outside, the doors will automatically open and the time dial Atkin effect will stop. Etrina can extend and manipulate that limit, but otherwise the timer is a for sure thing.”

“As to hiding....not quite. I lured the Knight into the room to either lose him in the void, or keep him from attacking the others.”
    "That's pretty darn clever idea, though ah gather it didn't work out quite as you planned." Dash then had another thought, "Has anyone ever actually gotten lost in that room?"

The first thing Inanna noticed was how... odd it was, inside this particular room in HIFL. The second thing Inanna noticed was the desire- one that began to swell rapidly each second she remained in the room- to tumble and roll; as if in a bid to avoid some hitherto unknown source of incoming damage. A thing she very nearly did before realizing what she was doing.

"... yes. Odd indeed."
    The sword before them, impaled by the base of a tree, was massive. Easily the size of Inanna herself. Surrounding it were a ring of smaller swords. All of them showed moss and signs of rust, as if they had been implanted for eons.

A soft voice speaks on the air.

“A wanderer escaped from night, bids entry to my abode. Mother and daughter, Goddesses a pair. What brings Lady Death and Queen Destruction to me today?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"That's pretty darn clever idea, though ah gather it didn't work out quite as you planned." Dash then had another thought, "Has anyone ever actually gotten lost in that room?"

Eva nods.

“Some dozen or so. Well before my time.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM