Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it would've been that hard to incorporate Steel, and while I wouldn't say he's as close to John Henry as he is Jimmy, I think Clark counts Steel as a close friend.
    But why would they want to or need to? What would be the point? John Henry certainly isn't as close to Clark as Jimmy. Why would they give John Henry preference over Jimmy? Plus where would John Henry have fit in?
    Jimmy is a newspaper man so he easily fit into CatCo and could work along side Kara Danvers. John Henry is an engineer. So what kind of interaction would he have with Kara? They already had Winn as the tech genius.
    And Jimmy is more famous, so there is more of an interest in the general public for Jimmy. It certainly generated a lot more press for Jimmy than there would have been if John Henry were in it. No one would have really
    cared about John Henry being in it.

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    That's awesome. Season 11 are some really fun comics. Early Jorge Jimenz art as well on the Wonder Woman arc that was a lot of fun.

It also means Clark has encountered Monitors before.

I gotta read those comics then. Damn so much Superman material to cover!

Well, it comprises Welling's entire real Superman career, so that's nice .

Could Earth 3 with Jay be Smallville Earth?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope Tom Welling's Superman is 100% active. We followed him for 10 years on his journey. I want to imagine that he's been saving the world all this time now and is a big legendary bloke.

The CW shows will prolly try to restrain the budget by having him be powerless and living on his parents farm or something equally awful.

I have a feeling his and Durance's inclusion is kind of last minute and that's part of the reason Michael Rosenbaum declined the offer to return as Lex. So the Smallville characters might not be as prominent in the story and he won't have a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I have a feeling his and Durance's inclusion is kind of last minute and that's part of the reason Michael Rosenbaum declined the offer to return as Lex. So the Smallville characters might not be as prominent in the story and he won't have a suit.
    I do think they will give a huge role more towards the end maybe with him wearing the suit and getting the final blow on the anti-monitor alongside with Arrowvesr Aroow or they are trying their best to hide him. I
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I think Welling and Durance are having a solid role in this because I'm sure it wasn't easy to get him aboard. Even the boss of the DC CW shows (forgot his name) said this crossover really needed Welling. He always wanted him in it. I don't know if he'll wear the suit, though, and I really don't care or need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I do think they will give a huge role more towards the end maybe with him wearing the suit and getting the final blow on the anti-monitor alongside with Arrowvesr Aroow or they are trying their best to hide him. I
    It's possible that they're hiding him to keep it a surprise, though I have the feeling Routh will more likely play the Earth 2 Superman role in the story. It's uncharted ground because the original story had two Supermen and a Superboy, not three Supermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    It's possible that they're hiding him to keep it a surprise, though I have the feeling Routh will more likely play the Earth 2 Superman role in the story. It's uncharted ground because the original story had two Supermen and a Superboy, not three Supermen.
    I second this. Routh's superman is likely to fill the E2 Superman role, he's even editor and chief of the Daily Planet. Who knows what role Welling will fill though, But it's strange that they''d hide him. If he were wearing a suit, we'd have seen a promotional photo by now, like every CW costume before. So he legitimately may not have it, though I'd hope he does.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Boy, I really hope they don't screw this up. I hope his world isn't wiped out in the Crisis.
    Assassinate Putin!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Exactly how many of those red flannel shirts does Warner Bros have at its disposal?