Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

New WandaVision featurette, in which you can see a bigger clip of that scene of the babies spitting out their pacifiers:

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Definitely not into a blonde Jewish Billy, but Tommy more resembling Vision/Paul Bettany than Quicksilver would be an interesting twist. I kinda wonder what it would have been like if he was more 'spiritually connected' to his 'father' than his 'mom's' brother, and had some mechanical powers/attributes instead of being a speedster.

That said, I like him being a speedster, too, and it fits his brash characterization, which I wouldn't want to change.
    I feel like the show might already be setting up Tommy to be more like Vision. They've been emphasizing Vision having super speed in a way they haven't really done before in the movies. And if you think about it, one of Tommy's abilities, molecule manipulation, which allows him to phase through solid things, is one of Vision's most classic abilities too. So depending on how they frame it, they could find a way to make Tommy a Vision legacy of sorts in the MCU.

Actually, now that I've been thinking about it. If we get the twins with powers in WandaVision, this will be the first time we get a new speedster in the MCU after Quicksilver. It's interesting that that's another thing (besides the gay hero) that we were supposed to get in Eternals, but WandaVision might be doing first now. WandaVision really decided to inadvertently steal the thunder from the Eternals, didn't it? LOL

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Hmm, interesting train of thought, if they wanna have more Vision-legacy in the kids than just Maximoff, they might end up making MCU Tommy more of an amalgam of Jonas and Tommy then? At least, make creative use of Vision's powers to explain Tommy's super speed if it isn't going to be established that she gave him Pietro's powers/was inspired by him.

And you're right Drops of Venus, WV is inadvertently going to be having a lot of firsts that the Eternal's would've had. I trust Chloe Zhao though, given the acclaim her current film has gotten. But wow, if you think about it, Billy (and maybe Teddy) went from fun future potential characters in the distance to the first gay superheroes of the MCU (well, superpowered individuals if they don't suit up). I hope, given that we now know they'll be in comics around the tail end of WV, that they get at least a mini series or join the gotg cast. This'll be a big launching pad for them, and hopefully it'll also be a way to get Tommy out of limbo. Since Wanda and Vision aren't getting stories (I know darkhold is in the vault, but idk when they would finally release it) I hope they at least get something out of this exposure. Maybe even get Tommy under Ewing so he can expand on the concept of Tommy also being a reality warper that Billy mentioned in NA.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 01-19-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Hmm, interesting train of thought, if they wanna have more Vision-legacy in the kids than just Maximoff, they might end up making MCU Tommy more of an amalgam of Jonas and Tommy then? At least, make creative use of Vision's powers to explain Tommy's super speed if it isn't going to be established that she gave him Pietro's powers/was inspired by him.

And you're right Drops of Venus, WV is inadvertently going to be having a lot of firsts that the Eternal's would've had. I trust Chloe Zhao though, given the acclaim her current film has gotten. But wow, if you think about it, Billy (and maybe Teddy) went from fun future potential characters in the distance to the first gay superheroes of the MCU (well, superpowered individuals if they don't suit up). I hope, given that we now know they'll be in comics around the tail end of WV, that they get at least a mini series or join the gotg cast. This'll be a big launching pad for them, and hopefully it'll also be a way to get Tommy out of limbo. Since Wanda and Vision aren't getting stories (I know darkhold is in the vault, but idk when they would finally release it) I hope they at least get something out of this exposure. Maybe even get Tommy under Ewing so he can expand on the concept of Tommy also being a reality warper that Billy mentioned in NA.
    I thought Billy implied Tommy could warp time and space, ya know kind of like a fold to Billy's reality warping? My personal theory is Tommy does indeed have potential to be as powerful as Billy while Billy's realm is reality Tommy's is time, and this theory doubles if their still mutants because I'm thinking like the summers if they powers clashed they'd just cancel eachother out, and when their older they act as folds to one another. Patrinot was a fixed point in time created by Tommy to ensure Billy fixes his mistake and doesn't lose his **** along the way. At least that's my little theory on volume 2 my boy Tommy has so much untapped potential as a character.

^^^ I really love that panel so so much. Al Ewing takes SUCH care and gives SUCH respect to his handling of these beloved characters. ALL characters. And for him to draw that parallel between Tommy & Billy, and essentially establishing that YES they both manipulate time and space but they do so from very specific and diverging paths is SO charming. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought Billy implied Tommy could warp time and space, ya know kind of like a fold to Billy's reality warping? My personal theory is Tommy does indeed have potential to be as powerful as Billy while Billy's realm is reality Tommy's is time, and this theory doubles if their still mutants because I'm thinking like the summers if they powers clashed they'd just cancel eachother out, and when their older they act as folds to one another. Patrinot was a fixed point in time created by Tommy to ensure Billy fixes his mistake and doesn't lose his **** along the way. At least that's my little theory on volume 2 my boy Tommy has so much untapped potential as a character.
    The amount of Patri-Not headcanons I have... so much potential for stories, and we'll likely never get any of it

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

^^^ I really love that panel so so much. Al Ewing takes SUCH care and gives SUCH respect to his handling of these beloved characters. ALL characters. And for him to draw that parallel between Tommy & Billy, and essentially establishing that YES they both manipulate time and space but they do so from very specific and diverging paths is SO charming. I love it.
    New Avengers is such a gem. Might've been a bit weak as it went on, but all of the BillyTeddy stuff was just *chef's kiss*

This is another hc that I've had, but going on the previous conversation about MCU Tommy being more grafted as a Vision legacy, I've always wanted to see Tommy get some techno-related powers. Since Billy got so much from Wanda: the magic, the reality-warping, being the maybe reincarnation/next in line Demiurge (making him related to the Cthon, which in itself is another hc of mine), I'd love to see Tommy inherent something more from Vision. Maybe at super speed, he can process information like a computer, or something along those lines. He can already phase through things like Vision, but I want him to have like a "super saiyan" type thing from Vision like the Demiurge is sort of a super mode from Billy's reality warping, if that makes sense. Just in general, so much potential for them.

Oooh I like that idea very much. I love the notion of leaning heavy into the speed theme.
    Processing info quickly, assessing variables and/or probabilities, speed reading, exploring the benefits of rapid friction, the whole vibrating vast enough to pass through objects, etc. Really continue to draw parallels to Vision's skillset.

He's a bit like Iceman in some ways though. Big power. Low ambition. It would be very cool to see him inspired by his brainy boy David, to really stretch his legs more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    He's a bit like Iceman in some ways though. Big power. Low ambition. It would be very cool to see him inspired by his brainy boy David, to really stretch his legs more.
    Oh I definetely like the idea of David getting him to stretch his legs more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...oop

So I think tomorrow we'll get our first real look at the boys in the MCU! Last episode Wanda was pregnant, that means she will probably have the children this week!

Yeah, I was thinking more in the use of powers. I don't see Tommy filling the specific role Jonas had on the team unless something happens to him and he becomes a cyborg or something like that. I still want the team to have a synthezoid in the MCU, though. So I hope we still get Jonas somehow, or at least a reinterpretation of Vin/Viv.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, 'cause like you said, it's really weird that Wanda and Vision aren't getting their own solo books as a push for WandaVision, so Billy and Tommy might not get something like that either. What we can hope for is that they are such breakout stars in the show that Marvel can't help but try to raise their profile in other media after the last few episodes. I would LOVE a Wiccan & Speed miniseries that kind of deals with their whole backstory, answers some much needed questions (are they mutants? How was the reincarnation process? Etc...), and explore their spiritual connection to Mephisto. And something that finally gives Tommy an origin story, while we're at it. We don't know anything about his life up until the point he went to juvie.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My personal headcanon is that Patrinot was a time ghost sent back in time to stop Tommy from doing something that was gonna mess up the timeline. This is a part of my headcanon that Tommy should be able to the extreme stuff some speedsters can like time travel and create dupes of themselves. I really want them to go there with him. Also, I feel like a perfect way to showcase him ''warping time and space'' is to allow him to be able to manipulate the environment around him, being able to speed up or slow down anything or anyone within a certain range. I feel like that is a powerset most speedsters don't really have, and it could make him stand out.

The amount of Patri-Not headcanons I have... so much potential for stories, and we'll likely never get any of it
    I love Gillen's run, but God, if there's something I hate about it is how it just left the Patrinot thing unresolved. It was such a weird thing to throw in there and then just... not explain. I really hopes he explains what that was one day, because I'm not sure if anybody else will.

This is another hc that I've had, but going on the previous conversation about MCU Tommy being more grafted as a Vision legacy, I've always wanted to see Tommy get some techno-related powers. Since Billy got so much from Wanda: the magic, the reality-warping, being the maybe reincarnation/next in line Demiurge (making him related to the Cthon, which in itself is another hc of mine), I'd love to see Tommy inherent something more from Vision. Maybe at super speed, he can process information like a computer, or something along those lines. He can already phase through things like Vision, but I want him to have like a "super saiyan" type thing from Vision like the Demiurge is sort of a super mode from Billy's reality warping, if that makes sense. Just in general, so much potential for them.
    If it was up to me, I wouldn't give Tommy a ''super form'', but I would make him a secret weapon against the Demiurge instead. Like, when their powers were shared by the magic source, nature decided to keep Billy's powers in check by making Tommy be the only person in the universe who is able to be fully immune to his magic. So he wouldn't have the same raw power as Billy, but he would be the only person in the world resistant enough to face him if his Demiurge powers ever went haywire.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

One more day and Billy and Tommy will officially be in the MCU...probably. Can't wait for all the news sites and Marvel to promo them with "Who are Wanda and Vision's twins?" "Who are Billy and Tommy?". This is such an exciting time for us YA stans!

I have butterflies in my stomach thinking about them in the MCU, honestly. Like... this is the most mainstream they'll ever be. Everything can change after that. It's both exciting and terrifying at the same time. I hope everything goes well.

In other news, I hope this Heroes Reborn thing Marvel is teasing for the Avengers is a relaunch of the Avengers titles, and hopefully it includes a new Young Avengers book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    In other news, I hope this Heroes Reborn thing Marvel is teasing for the Avengers is a relaunch of the Avengers titles, and hopefully it includes a new Young Avengers book.
    If the Avengers side of the company is looking at the success of the X-titles with this huge over-arcing Krakoa narrative, I could see them fishing around for some sort of unifying thread that could tie together / support three to five different Avengers sub-groups, spread around the world / universe.

And one of said titles being a Young Avengers team makes total sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If the Avengers side of the company is looking at the success of the X-titles with this huge over-arcing Krakoa narrative, I could see them fishing around for some sort of unifying thread that could tie together / support three to five different Avengers sub-groups, spread around the world / universe.

And one of said titles being a Young Avengers team makes total sense.
    I would go with 4.
    Avengers
    Avengers West
    Young Avengers
    Secret Avengers

With SHIELD out of business the world needs an organization in place to deal with global threats that is more than just one team.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=109645545

Billy and Teddy joining the GotG!

BILLY AND TEDDY JOINING GOTG OMGGGGGG

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/13...064836096?s=19