Page 7 of 239 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Putting aside the crappy treatment Wally has been getting in the comics witch also started very hopeful to him, I'm just not too confident in good treatment of Wally. Or even his appearance at all since he is "dead".

If it was after the first season I would be more hopefull since he had a good showing in there. But he was gone the whole second season for reasons while everyone else on the team played some role. Only to come back at the end to die.

So I'm not exactly brimming with confidence after that.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Barry was supposed to die in a different scenario, not the season finale with the Reach's bombs where Wally did but with the energy waves guy. I think Wally's death was more of a result of Bart messing with the timeline because Bart had no such knowledge of Wally's demise.
    You are right. I thought the way he was hugging Wally in S02E06 was clue but saving Barry might be the reason Wally died. Still, with Barry being a dad, I think Wally could help him as The Flash. And Bart will need a mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Putting aside the crappy treatment Wally has been getting in the comics witch also started very hopeful to him, I'm just not too confident in good treatment of Wally. Or even his appearance at all since he is "dead".

If it was after the first season I would be more hopefull since he had a good showing in there. But he was gone the whole second season for reasons while everyone else on the team played some role. Only to come back at the end to die.

So I'm not exactly brimming with confidence after that.
    I get it, things have been rough for a long time. But this isn't permanent, we don't know if Wally will be back in YJ or back in comics sometime soon. What I do know is that DC can't keep him down forever. He'll be back whether it's in YJ, or a new series tv or comic.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Well guys, I've e-mailed my letter to DC entertainment, the next thing is to post it tomorrow. I'm not sure anything will come of it but it can't hurt to try.

Wally deserves better and I'm doing my bit to try. In the mean time, thanks for the link to those awesome Wally pictures on tumblr, Spider-Ham!

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Well guys, I've e-mailed my letter to DC entertainment, the next thing is to post it tomorrow. I'm not sure anything will come of it but it can't hurt to try.

Wally deserves better and I'm doing my bit to try. In the mean time, thanks for the link to those awesome Wally pictures on tumblr, Spider-Ham!
    Your letter was great. I hope they will take the time to read it. I’ll finish mine really soon. Or I’ll make it evolve in another project. I’m really tired to see that DC won’t listen to us.

Fantastic Member

I think Wally's death was more of a result of Bart messing with the timeline because Bart had no such knowledge of Wally's demise.
    Odds are Wally was the one that eventually taught Bart's dad 'the move' Bart used in "Bloodlines" in the original timeline. Bart awkwardly attributed it to Barry, but we know he was dead and Jay was already in his 90's in season two.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Nice. Now I know where you got your cool avatar from.

Who is the artist of these pics?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Your letter was great. I hope they will take the time to read it. I’ll finish mine really soon. Or I’ll make it evolve in another project. I’m really tired to see that DC won’t listen to us.
    Thanks guys for writing in to dc. Maybe there is a chance something will happen. You'r definitely doing your part.

Watching Young Justice now. I gotta say its kinda annoying and sticks out that EVERY single one of the original six are still around and make appearances EXCEPT for Wally.

Should be used to it at this point really.

I wish you guys luck! I wrote to them about two years ago and finally decided to let my money do the talking.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Whatever in your letters, it's going to take multiple, and loss of significant amount of money. The letter is to give an idea about what the loss of money mean, but they still need to lose money.

Astonishing Member

Out of all of Dick's friends I think he likes Wally best. Honestly I think Bruce likes most of Dick's friends, some more than others.
    Bruce's relationship with Wally can be at best described as professional and oftentimes as directly antagonistic. They've never gotten along outside of the animated universe. The best they do is work together. Batman is like the only superhero Wally interacted with frequently that he didn't get along with.

Which doesn't surprise me. If your best friend was Dick Grayson and your father figure was Barry you would look at Bruce in a much poorer light than his peers or his real world fans do. It's pretty sensible that they don't like each other.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-06-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Whatever in your letters, it's going to take multiple, and loss of significant amount of money. The letter is to give an idea about what the loss of money mean, but they still need to lose money.
    I know, that's why I didn't finish the letter (yet). I'm currently working on a website/fan page dedicated to Wally West, talking about highlights in Wally's career.

Don't know when I'll finally launch it since my english is not that good and working on a website isn't my thing either x)

But I think it's important to gather fans and have a place where we can remember what Wally West means to a lot of people and what he meant for DC. In many ways, I still think he's the embodiment of the DCU.