Page 68 of 161 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2405
    BANNED

What was the 'contingency plan' for when O.N.E. parked Sentinels on the lawn of a refugee camp? Or Rosenberg's run? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Oh right. Let's have people running around kidnapping kids, mindwipe their parents into forgetting they were there, it is SO not worthy of being policed, let alone by machines… You know, IRL, child kidnappers are among the s******t kind of human beings, I don't see why there should be lenience when it's the X-men doing the kidnapping. Fat NO.
    And given what I just read, Sentinels are more than ever necessary in 616... Krakoa is a theocracy of superpowered people convinced of their own superiority over the rest of mankind... Contingency plans are 100% a necessity, Sentinels among them.
    Right then let's go on ahead and make those Sentinels that'll eventually kill all organic life on the planet after they're done with the mutants. Starting with the humans...

Sentinels are not the answer.

This is the kind of talk that justify the existence of Sentinels you know… "let's kidnap a kid and mindwipe his parents, because we can! no one can stop us yadi yidi yada…" Good grief. And people are supposed not to fear mutants?
    These groups could do the very same thing as mutants ,Aliens,Magicians,Inhumans,Cyborgs,Demigods,Gods and Superhumans ..Which is why the Sentinels kill metahuman/superpowers humans right after they do the mutants.. Then baseline humans are threat to earth so they are next to go. But hey keep selling irrational fears as logic we all know how it ends.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-19-2019 at 02:05 AM.

BANNED

Lest we forget: The X-Men Orchis raid team saved the whole of human civilization when they died to destroy the Mother Mold.

The instant that thing went online it was insane and bent on destroying all sentient organic life. We have seen the long-term results of that in PoX. And there is a more than decent chance that MM was able to upload its AI elsewhere before going into the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So could the Avengers,Aliens,Magicians,Inhumans and Superhumans as well..Which the Sentinels kill metahuman/superpowers humans right after they do the mutants.. Then baseline humans are threat to earth so they are next to go. But hey keep selling irrational fears as logic we all know how it ends.
    You are the one who were suggesting the X-men go kidnapp Franklin Richards and mindwipe his family if they dared protesting, were you not? Superhumans needs to be policed when they get out of line, like everyone else yes, and that includes mutants.
    Sentinels can be programmed or, god forbid rogue a.i., be piloted directly by an individual. The Sentinels going full Skynet is as cliché a scenario as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Lest we forget: The X-Men Orchis raid team saved the whole of human civilization when they died to destroy the Mother Mold.

The instant that thing went online it was insane and bent on destroying all sentient organic life. We have seen the long-term results of that in PoX. And there is a more than decent chance that MM was able to upload its AI elsewhere before going into the sun.
    Well yeah, that A.I. wasn't mature, that was the whole point of letting it dormant until its maturation ended, or am I mistaken? It was a Bizarro scenario to me, the dangerous end product of a failed process.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 09-19-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Golden Balls!
    I got so many of these points of plot correct at #1; the DNA, the secret Cerebro usage, the way the system could potentially duplicate and create a mutant at any age. But did we need Golden Balls? Couldn’t Krakoa Pods have done the trick?

Anyway, this issue was utterly terrifying. Just because some of that terror hit me with #1 doesn’t make it any less so. The terror was triple underlined by Xavier’s attitude, Storm’s speech and the crowd. Then there was the calculation of how long it would take to resurrect every dead mutant, and bring back depowered dead mutants.

This cannot stand. The mutants are evil and fascistic. I utterly love it. Magneto is correct, humanity should have killed them earlier.

The splash page at the end is so ominous.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Magneto is correct, humanity should have killed them earlier.
    Too late.

It is ominous, frightening and dangerous. It is also inspiring, victorious, optimistic and awesome. You need look no further than the debates in this thread and across the net for how exciting and controversial it is. That's what makes it great. The X-Men are dangerous and alien again, but they are also free.

I also don't think they are evil or fascistic. But they could go there, easily. That's what the new gray morality of mutantkind means.

BANNED

YWell yeah, that A.I. wasn't mature, that was the whole point of letting it dormant until its maturation ended, or am I mistaken? It was a Bizarro scenario to me, the dangerous end product of a failed process.
    How many crazy Sentinels have umpteen X-Men future timelines produced? Gregor could've woken Mother Mold up in an hour or a decade. Sentinels always end up the same way.

There has only been one time Sentinels have been used logically which is the O.N.E program but then they proceed to turn a refugee camp into a internment camp. Nobody has problem with humans logically defending themselves but people have the nerve bring up Sentinels like if we haven't seen multiple futures of Sentinels or A.I taking over or see Sentinels kill 16 million mutants. If you think the answer is sterilization or killer robots. I am rooting for Apocalypse or Magneto to "wipe" humans out. Except we have seen scenarios where Apocalypse(AoA) and Magneto(House of M) have basically over and humans are still alive in those timelines. We even have a timeline( Age of X-man) where it shows that a world of all mutants could live peacefully.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-19-2019 at 02:20 AM.

BANNED

There has only been one time Sentinels have been used logically which is O.N.E but then they proceed to turn a refugee camp into a internment camp.
    What were the humans even 'defending themselves' from after Decimation again? They were just parked on the lawn spooking refugees. You're telling me the X-Men and the Avengers couldn't have policed 198 mutants humanely? No, that was humans stamping the boot.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Oh right. Let's have people running around kidnapping kids, mindwipe their parents into forgetting they were there, it is SO not worthy of being policed, let alone by machines… You know, IRL, child kidnappers are among the s******t kind of human beings, I don't see why there should be lenience when it's the X-men doing the kidnapping. Fat NO.
    And given what I just read, Sentinels are more than ever necessary in 616... Krakoa is a theocracy of superpowered people convinced of their own superiority over the rest of mankind... Contingency plans are 100% a necessity, Sentinels among them.

So true, mutants are just people, they are bound to have bad apples among them, yet you have people acting like they are all of the purest of the heart… LOL. And that's not even considering mutants experiencing the awakening of their power in the vicinity of their family, friends, or random civilians…
    This is the problem with mere humans. They rely on science, when mutants are a scientific, evolutionary abomination. And it fails time and again. Magic has been the most effective weapon at wiping them out.

Got to say...

The possibility that we might get to see the "Original Recipe" group of Horsemen is one of the most interesting parts of this whole thing.

So many moving parts that I don't know if they will fit, but the possibility keeps on coming to mind.

Mutants peaceful leaving on island away from everyone not bothering anyone not threatening to take over the world = Evil and Fascistic
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-19-2019 at 02:43 AM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Mutants peaceful leaving on island away from everyone not bothering anyone not threatening to take over the world = Evil and Fascistic
    Have you heard of the Sackler Family? These peaceful, isolationist mutants are addicting the masses of the world to their opiates. What happens when someone takes two doses of the life-extending flowers?

Jewish people living in their own areas, doing jobs like banking that decent Christian folk won't do = existential threat to Aryan race / evil lizard people controlling us through their One World Government

Sounds about right.