Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

what did Namor do to infuriate the Russians?
    The J-man

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    what did Namor do to infuriate the Russians?
    Are you talking about in Aaron's Avengers? If so, I believe his Phoenix fight with She-Hulk took place in Moscow and caused a "bit" of destruction.

He and his Defenders of the Deep also took on the Winter Guard about 30 issues ago ... on a floating island, IIRC. There was a big throw down with the Avengers and Defenders of the Deep and the Winter Guard showed up.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    If anyone is reading Dark Ages for Namor, don't bother because spoilers:
    Atlantis is destroyed again! YOU WOULD THINK A CIVILIZATION THAT HAD THE MEANS OF TECH THAT ISN'T HUMAN AND ARE MORE ADVANCED THAN HUMANS WOULD BE EXEMPT BUT NOOO JUST ANOTHER AU WHATEVER EVENT WHERE NAMOR IS REDUCED TO ONE PAGE OF HIS CITY BEING DESTROYED AGAIN. i hate it here!
    end of spoilers anyways I'll keep an eye out for any more Namor but I am not hopeful at this point. :/
    I'd like to say I'm surprised, but that would be untrue. His whole premise of the power going off wouldn't work, if there was a civilization that didn't rely on electricity for energy. And clearly, he didn't want to give Namor or Atlantis a role.

But it really is sad, considering the excellent work Tom Taylor has done with his kid series The Deep. He clearly has an interest in underwater stuff ... I just wish he'd quit trashing it in Marvel. I mean, when you add Namor to an X-team, and give that X-team a base in Atlantis, all for a lame a$$ joke of using Seabro??? And to add injury to insult, you cover Namor up.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

So, with Hickman leaving the X-Men, do you think anything will come of Namor in the X-line? I'm thinking NO. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So, with Hickman leaving the X-Men, do you think anything will come of Namor in the X-line? I'm thinking NO. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    I personally think it's a good thing if Namor stays away from X-Men for now, there is no one on the X-Men writing team that I currently feel can do Namor any justice and not regulate him to another background character. With Hickman leaving, all the seeds he had planted with Namor may not come to fruition, you could definitely see he was planning something there, perhaps an Illuminati get together, or something just with Namor/oceans and the mutants. Hickman could have told a compelling story, as much as I loathe how much people now interwine Black Panther with Namor because of AvX and Hickman Avengers I can't deny that Namor had a very compelling and dramatic arc in Hickman's Avengers, a king desperate to save his world he becomes the monster he hates before slowly being pulled back from the brink.

Namor is aimless once more until Marvel decides to pick him up again, but anything coming out of Avengers currently with Aaron will be trash. Also I know I used to want Namor to be on the X-Men line during this era but now I am glad he isn't caught up with Krakoan nonsense.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'd like to say I'm surprised, but that would be untrue. His whole premise of the power going off wouldn't work, if there was a civilization that didn't rely on electricity for energy. And clearly, he didn't want to give Namor or Atlantis a role.

But it really is sad, considering the excellent work Tom Taylor has done with his kid series The Deep. He clearly has an interest in underwater stuff ... I just wish he'd quit trashing it in Marvel. I mean, when you add Namor to an X-team, and give that X-team a base in Atlantis, all for a lame a$$ joke of using Seabro??? And to add injury to insult, you cover Namor up.
    For real, I thought if maybe Xmen Red had been allowed to go on we might have gotten more out of it but as others have pointed out, it was Jean's book, not a team book. Namor had to struggle to contain Kid Abomination underwater? that is a joke. Also Atlantis had some damage done there as well. It's just sad that we can't any writer who had a chance at Namor to do anything good with him (exempting Busiek because by god that man can write! I still wish King in Black had gone on to be a solo series, with modern day and past flashbacks.)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    If anyone is reading Dark Ages for Namor, don't bother because… anyways I'll keep an eye out for any more Namor but I am not hopeful at this point. :/
    I was spoiled by a picture on Twitter showing that, and now I can't find it in my browser history!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Here you go Ravin Ray!

Oh boy, again.

My old idea of Namor hiding the real Atlantis in a subterranean cavern system keeps looking better and better.

Namor art by AzizDraws https://www.deviantart.com/azizdraws

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Absolutely amazing! Whoever does live-action Namor must have a body like that.

(I wonder if Marvel would sneak in a Patrick Duffy cameo just for fun
    Edit: Oh wait. Warner Archive has the distribution rights for Man from Atlantis. Scratch that).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Happy 50th page, Namor and everyone!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Happy 50th page!

As I am doing the fan made by Heyboydraws Namor Bingo card, here is some of my Namor graphics for the prompt Ancient, I went with Rime of the Ancient Mariner and also a painting of Neptune in the background. I hope to finish the Bingo before the end of the year.

My latest fan art commission! What if The Defenders were a heavy metal rock band?
    The artist is wonderful and I love their work so much!

Side of stage: background vocalists, NightHawk, Hellcat, Clea
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all