Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I would guess the issue with Rogue is magic related. To said she's going through a change that will result in an updated look. Perhaps she absorbed a unicorn.
    Oh, that would be nice, I'd like that. A rainbow flying trail too, ftw

The lack of a British writer on this book makes it a hard pass for me.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    The lack of a British writer on this book makes it a hard pass for me.
    As fun as it'd be to have, say, Kieron Gillen on Excalibur I'd rather a talented writer be on this book than a bad one who got the title just because they're British.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Shogo was introduced before AvX. It's 2019; he should be starting his own Power Pack by now.
    Shogo was introduced after AvX, in 2013.

I’d give Rogue and Gambit’s marriage a few more years before either of them starts cheating on the other and/or they divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    As fun as it'd be to have, say, Kieron Gillen on Excalibur I'd rather a talented writer be on this book than a bad one who got the title just because they're British.
    Agreed. Especially since this new Excalibur book isn't necessarily dependent on "being British." Like most books launching during Dawn of X, the only thing they share from their previous counterparts is the name/title.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I’d give Rogue and Gambit’s marriage a few more years before either of them starts cheating on the other and/or they divorce.
    I don't think that someone will cheat or they will get divorced. If Marvel would like to break them up then they will just kill of Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't think that someone will cheat or they will get divorced. If Marvel would like to break them up then they will just kill of Gambit.
    Unfortunately, that seems pretty plausible.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I hope you can hear my eye roll at this.
    Come on now, have you ever read BKV’s Saga? Children in comics are awful - they ruin massive sweeping adventures and drag down the parents’ marriage.

I want all the kids gone, all the established relationships gone and only people beating the **** out of each other. And maybe like an elf. Everything else just drags the story down.

I would rather a talented and British writer. One or the other would turn me off the book and I am sure they could have found a writer who is both.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Tini Howard seems to thirst when it comes to Gambit so plus side? He’ll at least die with his shirt conveniently torn off.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I would rather a talented and British writer. One or the other would turn me off the book and I am sure they could have found a writer who is both.
    You know that Chris Claremont wasn't raised in England, right? He was born in London but raised on Long Island. And he created the team.

Forcing the book to be written by a British talent is... well, it's limiting.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really dont see why the writer of this book needs to be British

You know that Chris Claremont wasn't raised in England, right? He was born in London but raised on Long Island. And he created the team.

Forcing the book to be written by a British talent is... well, it's limiting.
    He seemed to be well versed enough in the culture to write it well. And honestly, British writers and people who know a lot about British culture tend to write British characters and anything related to the culture best. Tini Howard might write it well, but I would still rather a talented British writer being given an Excalibur book.
    Last edited by KC; 08-16-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Tini Howard seems to thirst when it comes to Gambit so plus side? He’ll at least die with his shirt conveniently torn off.
    Gosh darn it how I love you.

Ha!

What a way for him to go, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.