Page 1160 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1606601060111011501156115711581159116011611162116311641170 ... LastLast
Results 17,386 to 17,400 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Biden statement on sexual assault allegation: "They aren’t true. This never happened."
    He's also requesting "Secretary of the Senate ask the Archives to identify any record of the complaint she alleges she filed and make available to the press any such doc.
    As a Presidential candidate, I’m accountable to the American people. We have lived long enough with a President who doesn’t think he is accountable to anyone, and takes responsibility for nothing. That’s not me...
    I believe being accountable means having the difficult conversations, even when they are uncomfortable. People need to hear the truth"
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

From the purely political point of view, the Reade allegations don't necessarily need to be true, but are used against Biden at a time he's essentially got one hand tied behind his back. The pandemic response has left him with little options to get out in front of people which plays into the idea that his people don't want him to be too visible and exposed, and the story can be used as a strategy in general to let democrats and liberal progressives know that they do not control the narrative of sexual misconduct -- and that their candidate is also an elderly, powerful, rich white man who obviously makes women uncomfortable. The main difference between the Ford v. Kavanaugh case and the Reade v. Biden case is that in the former, the democrat opponents of Kavanaugh were making statements like this (from Pelosi):

"I applaud the courage of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford to come forward to share her story. As we continue to learn more about these allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, we must ensure that Dr. Ford’s rights to justice and privacy are respected. Survivors should be supported when they come forward without the fear of threats or further trauma. There must be an acknowledgement of the life-long impact of this episode, the cost to the family of coming forward and the gravity of a lifetime Supreme Court nomination."

While Republicans roundly attacked her credibility and ridiculed her at times. So, obviously, if the Democrats do this to Reade after making strong statements supporting survivors in the past cases when their opponents faced the accusations, it will generally give the strong impression that no one on the Hill or in the White House irrespective of party affiliation really cares about sexual assault or misconduct as an actual problem, but only as a political weapon.

Biden releases a statement directly addressing the allegations, calling them untrue, but treading the fine line between defending himself and not reacting as Trump has.

https://med ium.com/@JoeBiden/statem...n-7a9593bd3012

While the details of these allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault are complicated, two things are not complicated. One is that women deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, and when they step forward they should be heard, not silenced. The second is that their stories should be subject to appropriate inquiry and scrutiny.

Responsible news organizations should examine and evaluate the full and growing record of inconsistencies in her story, which has changed repeatedly in both small and big ways.
    There is a clear, critical part of this story that can be verified. The former staffer has said she filed a complaint back in 1993. But she does not have a record of this alleged complaint. The papers from my Senate years that I donated to the University of Delaware do not contain personnel files. It is the practice of Senators to establish a library of personal papers that document their public record: speeches, policy proposals, positions taken, and the writing of bills.

There is only one place a complaint of this kind could be — the National Archives. The National Archives is where the records are kept at what was then called the Office of Fair Employment Practices. I am requesting that the Secretary of the Senate ask the Archives to identify any record of the complaint she alleges she filed and make available to the press any such document. If there was ever any such complaint, the record will be there.
    As a Presidential candidate, I’m accountable to the American people. We have lived long enough with a President who doesn’t think he is accountable to anyone, and takes responsibility for nothing. That’s not me. I believe being accountable means having the difficult conversations, even when they are uncomfortable. People need to hear the truth.

I have spent my career learning from women the ways in which we as individuals and as policy makers need to step up to make their hard jobs easier, with equal pay, equal opportunity, and workplaces and homes free from violence and harassment. I know how critical women’s health issues and basic women’s rights are. That has been a constant through my career, and as President, that work will continue. And I will continue to learn from women, to listen to women, to support women, and yes, to make sure women’s voices are heard.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Biden is doing the right thing, responding to this as best he can.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Justice Dept. scrutinizes White House-connected doctor linked to disputed coronavirus treatment

Federal prosecutors are examining the communications of a New York family doctor who appears frequently on Fox News and has been in touch with the White House to tout an anti-malarial as a treatment for the novel coronavirus, according to people contacted as part of the inquiry.

The examination of Vladimir “Zev” Zelenko’s records began when an associate, conservative commentator Jerome Corsi, accidentally sent an email intended for Zelenko to another “Z” name in his address book — federal prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky, who as a member of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s team had spent months scrutinizing Corsi’s activities during the 2016 presidential election.

During episodes of his daily podcast this week and in a YouTube video he posted late Thursday in response to questions from The Washington Post, Corsi said that Zelinsky responded to the unexpected email by reaching out to Corsi’s lawyer and requesting all of Corsi’s communications with Zelenko.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Biden is doing the right thing, responding to this as best he can.
    The one thing I will say is that he fumbled a bit in his interview this morning addressing the release of his University of Delaware papers. The general kernel of truth was definitely in his statement: that these papers would absolutely not contain personnel files since they would be released publicly and you can't disclose that information to the public. However, I don't think he made it clear that the University of Delaware isn't even finished processing the archive and that it would take until 2021 for that to be completed according to the University. On top of it not being relevant, it would also not be a "quick fix" as Mika suggested. Personnel files are easier to sort through and that is why the Secretary of the Senate could disclose that information publicly in a short period of time. In order to sort through all of Biden's papers, we would be waiting months on end for a resolution to this. Sifting through those papers, meanwhile, will have no benefit for Biden if these contain no information on Tara Reade, but allow for the press to go back over decades of policy positions that have evolved along with the mainstream. I'm sure that you would see the same thing happen if anyone went through Sanders' positions or the like as well, so this isn't limited to Biden either. Anyway, here is the full interview that he had this morning:

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Ah, Jerome Corsi. The guy who's anti-Obama book "Where's the Birth Certificate" was released a week after Obama released his birth certificate. Good times.

(link is broken by the board again, Tami)
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Tara Reade tells us that at the time, in 1993, she complained to the Senate personnel office that Biden had "made her feel uncomfortable," but she says she did not mention an assault and she has no record of the complaint. Biden calling for any records to be released.
    Twitter Link

Biden says, 'Release the records', Reade now says, 'there are no records'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    The one thing I will say is that he fumbled a bit in his interview this morning addressing the release of his University of Delaware papers. The general kernel of truth was definitely in his statement: that these papers would absolutely not contain personnel files since they would be released publicly and you can't disclose that information to the public. However, I don't think he made it clear that the University of Delaware isn't even finished processing the archive and that it would take until 2021 for that to be completed according to the University. On top of it not being relevant, it would also not be a "quick fix" as Mika suggested. Personnel files are easier to sort through and that is why the Secretary of the Senate could disclose that information publicly in a short period of time. In order to sort through all of Biden's papers, we would be waiting months on end for a resolution to this. Sifting through those papers, meanwhile, will have no benefit for Biden if these contain no information on Tara Reade, but allow for the press to go back over decades of policy positions that have evolved along with the mainstream. I'm sure that you would see the same thing happen if anyone went through Sanders' positions or the like as well, so this isn't limited to Biden either. Anyway, here is the full interview that he had this morning:

He doesn't have to make that clear, the University of Delaware already has. He doesn't work for the UoD, mush less for their Archives/Library system.

As far as accessing these records, remember we have a pandemic going on. Most Universities and University libraries are shut down for the foreseeable future. You can't just send one person in to go through boxes and boxes of materials, that could take months. There are health risks involved in making uncatalogued materials available.

Twitter Link

She's never getting a job in any position of power again.

To the Democrats she's a sell out, a deluded liar who willingly threatens the saftey and stability of the United states out of partisan idiocy.

To the Republicans shes a liability who cant even do a smear correctly, praised Putin and will be known for making fake allegations which can easily be spun on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Were you in favor of a Pizzagate investigation, too, then?
    PIZZAGATE! Man, good times.

In other news;

The orange menace once again blames the previous administration. This time? For not having tests for Covid 19, a disease that came out almost 4 years after Obama left office.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donal...084147363.html

Twitter Link

In all fairness, I think this part has remained consistent.

I think she said that she never filed a complaint about the assault. She did, however, state that she complained about harassment. I guess we’ll see if that is true. I’m sure journalists are looking into accessing those records now.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

U.S. Intelligence Agencies Conclude Coronavirus ‘Not Manmade’

The Office of the DNI said it was still examining an as-yet-unproven theory that the outbreak may have resulted from “an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.” Followed by this....

Trump Slights Intelligence Boss For Undermining China COVID-19 Theory

The president said he had “evidence” of a coronavirus-related conspiracy theory, then dissed his own acting intelligence director for casting doubt on it. Why give credence to some silly bullshit Trump made up?

No one with a shred of decency or credibility is going to willingly carry water for this Orange degenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maryland’s GOP Governor Hid COVID-19 Test Kits So Feds Can’t Take Them

Gov. Larry Hogan said that the state’s National Guard is watching thousands of COVID-19 kits his state bought from South Korea. A damn shame it's come to this.

It figures that another Republican knows not to trust this Orange Degenerate that is capable of anything so malignantly evil. Smart, smart Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Biden has decent relationships with a number of the women in the race. Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar especially are the two that come to mind. But we don’t know how well he would interact with Abrams and Whitmer yet.
    None of those are great picks. Whitmer and Klobuchar are the best (Abrams never won anything and isn’t delivering the south, Harris has serious resentment from POC’s and California is a layup). But even those two are like mediocre. Klobuchar is Tim Kaine 2.0. Not charismatic. Whitmer is okay but I don’t know how much she really added in tangibles

Duckworth or Warren.

And I still think Castro is a way better pick