Page 1161 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1616611061111111511157115811591160116111621163116411651171 ... LastLast
Results 17,401 to 17,415 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    None of those are great picks. Whitmer and Klobuchar are the best (Abrams never won anything and isn’t delivering the south, Harris has serious resentment from POC’s and California is a layup).
    I agree Abrams is non-starter. I think people continue to undervalue Harris as an asset, especially since there is no evidence of “serious resentment” by POC towards her. Indeed, she, like Abrams, had a net approval rating of thirty percent from black folks. No other candidate, especially those like Warren, get close. As for states, I think the research also shows that picking a candidate based on geography is not a great strategy for success. You need a candidate that can increase interest among the blocs needed. I think evidence suggests Abrams and Harris are actually the two strongest positioned candidates to do that.

But even those two are like mediocre. Klobuchar is Tim Kaine 2.0. Not charismatic. Whitmer is okay but I don’t know how much she really added in tangibles
    I agree about Klobuchar. Plus, she really emphasizes her appeal to the same demographic that Biden was not only successful with, but sold people on his candidacy by insisting he could take those folks back. It would be doubling down on his existing strength.

I think Whitmer has more positives, but I think she will get dinged for lack of experience and ability to “step into” the role on day one. Plus, I doubt Democrats want to potentially lose a swing state Governor when redistricting is coming up next year. I think she might be viable in 2024–but probably not now.

Duckworth or Warren.
    Duckworth could be strong.

Warren has really poor favor ability outside of the party. Picking her could have the opposite effect of driving people towards Trump if they think that Biden is trending too far towards Warren.

And I still think Castro is a way better pick
    Fair enough. I just think there are strong enough women candidates that it isn’t necessary to look at yet another one that is straight and male.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Extraordinary Member

Canada just banned assault weapons after the shooting. Trudeau just announced it.

Weird.... it’s easy to do this for sensible countries.

Canada just banned assault weapons after the shooting. Trudeau just announced it.

Meanwhile, a bunch of armed rednecks stormed their Governor's office building "protesting" the stay at home orders. If they weren't white (and I say this as a pale ass white boy), they would be labeled as thugs, terrorists, or haters of the United States and told to get out.

Mighty Member

So, about these Michigrunts holding up the MI capitol building with guns. What would be the best way to deal with them that is both effective (as in, “not perceived as toothless”) and doesn’t result in some kind of retributive escalation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    So, about these Michigrunts holding up the MI capitol building with guns. What would be the best way to deal with them that is both effective (as in, “not perceived as toothless”) and doesn’t result in some kind of retributive escalation?
    Honestly half-surprised they weren't arrested there and then for that. Open carry laws or not, they clearly stormed the place with hostile (thankfully not violent) intent.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    In other news;

The orange menace once again blames the previous administration. This time? For not having tests for Covid 19, a disease that came out almost 4 years after Obama left office.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donal...084147363.html
    How DARE that uppity black man not look four years into the future to accurately predict that pandemic (said with tongue in cheek)! More proof that Obama continues living rent free in Trump's head.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The US, as a nation, as a whole is like a spoiled brat with Schizophrenia. There are some who are trying to follow a stable, mature path. Then there are others who are all about 'Me, Me, Me!!!' Who act with the maturity of a 3 year old. Our laws are too lax, too accommodating to the fringes of society. The problem with a federal republic is that each state are like separate, independent countries in many ways.

The Constitution is the only thing holding us together, and even that gets interpreted and misinterpreted constantly to suit the needs to whomever.

There are some parallels between the US Constitution and the Bible in how they are viewed, used, and misused.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-01-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Honestly half-surprised they weren't arrested there and then for that. Open carry laws or not, they clearly stormed the place with hostile (thankfully not violent) intent.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they honestly believed they’re peacefully protesting while telling themselves that the guns are for “just in case we’re brutally attacked by a tyrannical law enforcement”. Thing is, though, it’s like their own abnormally elevated fight-or-flight responses are tricking them into thinking the latter is VERY likely.

But yeah, this is mostly due to their nuttery beliefs about the COVID-19 lockdown being allegedly a front for whatever wacky government intrusion on their lives they’re currently paranoid about. That and maybe cabin fever. We need more promotion and destigmatization of therapy in this country.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 05-01-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Meanwhile, a bunch of armed rednecks stormed their Governor's office building "protesting" the stay at home orders. If they weren't white (and I say this as a pale ass white boy), they would be labeled as thugs, terrorists, or haters of the United States and told to get out.
    We really need a "LIKE" button.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they honestly believed they’re peacefully protesting while telling themselves that the guns are for “just in case we’re brutally attacked by a tyrannical law enforcement”. Thing is, though, it’s like their own abnormally elevated fight-or-flight responses are tricking them into thinking the latter is VERY likely.

But yeah, this is mostly due to their nuttery beliefs about the COVID-19 lockdown being allegedly a front for whatever wacky government intrusion on their lives they’re currently paranoid about. That and maybe cabin fever. We need more promotion and destigmatization of therapy in this country.
    QFT. It wouldn't help for the current generation of nutjobs, but it might do something to prevent this sort of foolishness in the future.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 05-01-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Alex Jones comes out ... as a cannibal.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    ........Alex, that’s just regular pork. Not “long pig”.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Alrighty then! Alex needs to up the dosage of whatever anti-psychotic drugs he's on.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Alrighty then! Alex needs to up the dosage of whatever anti-psychotic drugs he's on.
    Could be some attempt to convince people that the Democratic Party is making Soylent Green out of aborted babies or something.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 05-01-2020 at 11:10 AM.