Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I know it's just nitpicking but is Valerie older than Franklin now, because she sure as hell looks like it in Empyre 4? Or is Frankln's powers slowly regressing him backward without him knowing it? He supposed to be a teenager or whatever, but he's built like a 10 or 11 year-old. Silva is an outstanding artist, but he's not the only one who can't seem to display a proper kid in their early teens. Sue's is around the average height for a woman, and not some amazon like Storm or Carol, yet those kids barely come to her shoulders. Franklin should at least be eye to eye with his mom.
    You're right that Franklin should be taller, when they aged them up they reduced their age gap (they used to be 3 and 8), Valeria was said to be a teenager so she's at least 13, and Franklin should be around 15 (he ought to be 18 if they kept the age gap, but he definitely isn't). At that age you're pretty close to adult height.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I loved it. Best FF story I’ve read in a minute.
    It was definitely better than most of his run for sure but the fact is Ewing will probably give us the best version of the FF since Hickman during this event.

Point of origin was one of the most boring stories I’ve ever read.

Mighty Member

Preview's here: https://aiptcomics.com/2020/07/10/ma...astic-four-21/

As for the "trees speak Vietnamese joke," I say đụ má. Whether I'm sarcastic or series is up to you.

The Knull event happening December instead of next year makes me hopeful that Marvel did that so that the FF gets the biggest focus to coincide with their 60th.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

I get kids are hard to draw, but can we at least get a consistent height and appearance on the kids?

Seriously, Franklin and Valeria are supposed to be teenagers, but they are always drawn as too short with features too rounded and child like to be teenagers. It's either that or we get the two look like other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I get kids are hard to draw, but can we at least get a consistent height and appearance on the kids?

Seriously, Franklin and Valeria are supposed to be teenagers, but they are always drawn as too short with features too rounded and child like to be teenagers. It's either that or we get the two look like other characters.
    Kids are usually one of the more underrepresented groups in superhero comics. As a result of that, I suspect many artists are less experienced with them making a regular consistent depiction of them difficult. It's also possible Marvel doesn't have stats for them. This is, of course, unfounded speculation on my part. Also looking at characters like Ben and Wolverine where a regular height for them doesn't happen despite Handbook page heights, it's no surprise that the kids seemingly take after their father in stretching. That being said, the heights and ages of the two should be consistent, even if undefined.

I see that issue starts immediately where the Empyre #0 issue left off.

Val, glorified babysitters, really? How is this any different to when the Future Foundation was around? Reed and Sue have been picking up stray kids for years at this point, Franklin and Valeria should be used to it.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I see that issue starts immediately where the Empyre #0 issue left off.

Val, glorified babysitters, really? How is this any different to when the Future Foundation was around? Reed and Sue have been picking up stray kids for years at this point, Franklin and Valeria should be used to it.
    They're over it and want to go on adventures. I wish FF would have lasted.

So Wolverine attacks and slashes a foe with his claws. But the foe turns out to really be someone he's not expecting. OK, it's a good scene. But occurring in X-Men/FF #3 AND FF #666 both seems a bit too much. Now where the argument could be about Logan's killer instinct, I shall shift it to the writers and editors who really should put some variety in these stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    So Wolverine attacks and slashes a foe with his claws. But the foe turns out to really be someone he's not expecting. OK, it's a good scene. But occurring in X-Men/FF #3 AND FF #666 both seems a bit too much. Now where the argument could be about Logan's killer instinct, I shall shift it to the writers and editors who really should put some variety in these stories.
    Logan saw Skrull going for Alicia....I get it in this instance considering all the grief Skrulls caused with their Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Logan saw Skrull going for Alicia....I get it in this instance considering all the grief Skrulls caused with their Secret Invasion.
    The point isn't what Logan did, it is him doing it TWICE the same month in FF books. Now both instances could be explained and had it happened once, no big deal, but when it happens twice and cliffhangers in two FF books the same month rely on the same Wolverine "miscue". that seems way too coincidental.

Extraordinary Member

The point isn't what Logan did, it is him doing it TWICE the same month in FF books. Now both instances could be explained and had it happened once, no big deal, but when it happens twice and cliffhangers in two FF books the same month rely on the same Wolverine "miscue". that seems way too coincidental.
    My point is...X-Men/FF seemed to me to be forced to cause issues in the story. In this instance it was more natural given the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    My point is...X-Men/FF seemed to me to be forced to cause issues in the story. In this instance it was more natural given the situation.
    Ah, I missed your point. You're comparing the two. I agree with your observation on this. X-Men/FF did seem more forced.

The point isn't what Logan did, it is him doing it TWICE the same month in FF books.
    Um, what? One was in March, the other was in July?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Um, what? One was in March, the other was in July?
    You may not be aware of the COVID-19 pandemic which has caused a huge delay in many of Marvel's (and all companies) books. X-Men/Fantastic Four #3 was one of the last books distributed before the shut down. Now while you can claim nit-pick points for pointing out the books did not come out the same month, the fact that the books were scheduled to come out within four weeks of each other orriginally and their follow-ups are currently scheduled to come out two weeks apart fixes their status as being synchronous.