Page 162 of 193 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Isn’t his mother also bisexual
    And his almost stepmom Selina
    His new good friend Connor
    He also recruited 3 Lgbtq+ new heroes for his team and he has a non binary school pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That honestly sounds like 4chan making stuff up to match with Jon.
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Isn’t his mother also bisexual
    And his almost stepmom Selina
    His new good friend Connor
    His mother being bi seems to have been a one off solely with Tom King in a rather hated run. Selina, technically. Conner is asexual though.

Damian's aunt is a lesbian and his best friend is bi so I'm not sure what was the thought process there.
    I did not knew that..

But agree that I can not understand DC sometimes.. That writer probably only knows about PRE-N52 damian,

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    His mother being bi seems to have been a one off solely with Tom King in a rather hated run. Selina, technically. Conner is asexual though.
    CONNOR.. Conner is Kon-el.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLightning View Post
    How does everyone feel about the fact Damian is now a magic user and will be in a magic event in 2023 with JLD aged up probably(as said by leaks) and may work with Tim and jakeem again in the future as Waid said they'll play a role as well in the event. and a relaunch of supersons. Him being a magic user isn't really bad I say I'm a big magic fan and he's used magic before in the past. for the aging I'm not rolling with cuz that's rushing his development and rushing is never a good thing.

Attachment 124956
    Not sure what to think about the magical user thing but..

SERIOUSLY? Why want to ruin the character like that? I heard that Batman vs Robin already starts bad.. and Waid name again involved
    More people would be against one Adult Damian
    (damian fanbase, Tim fans..) than in favour of this. Just certain shippers would love that. Even if ages never stopped them.

We already have adult robins. We need at least a teenager one.
    Why I said Tim fans? They hate him. Do not you think that they would consider it humiliating for their character see Damian being one adult?

That honestly sounds like 4chan making stuff up to match with Jon.
    AGREE WITH THAT...

ONE QUESTION.. Nothing interesting about Damian in the LAST solicitations. right? Only Bat vs Robin.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-28-2022 at 02:47 AM.

Only Batman vs Robin as far as I'm aware. Of course there can always be short appearances not mentioned in the solicitations but taking into account what some writers have said when asked about Damian it kinda sounds like he's blocked from appearing in any batbooks outside of Batman vs Robin.
    Which has such boring solicits. It's always the same blabla. Damian fights Bruce in the batcave. Then in the house of secrets. Then on Lazarus Island. Oh, now it's global. God, I don't care. Making things bigger does not make them more engaging.

Spectacular Member

For the most part Batman vs Robin was well received. I dropped it, but reviewers really liked it.

I'm not saying it's a bad Batman story. I can see why Batman fans might be excited by this. But as a Damian fan I don't want this.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad Batman story. I can see why Batman fans might be excited by this. But as a Damian fan I don't want this.
    I feel the same way. I'm tired of the whole Batman vs. Damian thing, they always take that direction when they can't come up with something else. I wish we could go back to Bruce being a good father and Damian being allowed to keep his character development.

Spectacular Member

At this point, I'd rather Damian go off on adventures with Flatline, Connor, XXL, Black Swan and Mara. No magic, just the "villian" kids traveling and having adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    At this point, I'd rather Damian go off on adventures with Flatline, Connor, XXL, Black Swan and Mara. No magic, just the "villian" kids traveling and having adventures.
    I'd be down for that. But DC higher ups don't like that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I feel the same way. I'm tired of the whole Batman vs. Damian thing, they always take that direction when they can't come up with something else. I wish we could go back to Bruce being a good father and Damian being allowed to keep his character development.
    What's even supposed to be thrilling about the two of them fighting? We know that in an honest and serious fight Damian doesn't stand a chance against freaking Batman. The kid is 14. And hasn't been allowed to win much on his own in recent years.
    Batman fighting a kid he doesn't even care about 90% of the time also isn't fun.
    Oh and the emotional spotlight also isn't on them. It's on Alfred being back and how Bruce feels about it.
    They literally wasted Damian's reaction to seeing Alfred again by having him being influenced by Nezha and had him attack Alfred.

Spectacular Member

I do think part of the problem is that we haven't seen Bruce particularly care about Damian...for several years. All the way back to RSOB, Bruce has been shown to actively not care for or about him. In contrast to the care Bruce has shown to Dick, Jason and Tim in that same timeframe That does prevent this story having any emotional impact. It comes across more as kicking a puppy, a neglected, abandoned puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I did not knew that..

But agree that I can not understand DC sometimes.. That writer probably only knows about PRE-N52 damian,

ONE QUESTION.. Nothing interesting about Damian in the LAST solicitations. right? Only Bat vs Robin.
    There's also Batman Knightswatch, Legion of Bats, Dceased, DC v Vampires and he guests in Harley;s title [the one off not the ongoing]

No the writer is aware of Damian's recent writing including his friendship with many LGBT characters. She was present on the podcast where the writers of Connor's coming out story talked about why they included Damian and why he is a fierce ally.

Spectacular Member

I thought Damian was on vacation in Knightwatch, and not actually in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I thought Damian was on vacation in Knightwatch, and not actually in the story.
    He might be back in Dec since the solicits mention him.