Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As long as it's better than Lives/Death and AXE. Also stop derailing Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Seriously. You do the same stuff, people complain. You do different stuff, people complain...
    Welcome to the internet.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I wonder how many of the still active buyers AND readers of X-men comics are by this point sick of sinister?

Obvious there are some who like him and enjoy having him get so much spotlight, but i wouldn't rule out that there are also many or more who either never liked him or grew tired of him being the only villain currently to achieve anything.

Plus the obvious stupidity of basicly every hero involved to let him get away with all his shady business or think they have him under control. So he comes of less as genius 4000 IQ super master manipulator and more as a writer's pet who has the power to make everyone around him more stupid, because the writers can't convincingly make him appear smarter than them.

Anyway. Sounds like another big skip moment to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    There's only one thing I want out of this crossover...
    Ah the Chimeras. I can't shake of the feeling that the main reason people found them so appealing or interesting, to the point where there is still hype for them, was because they were basicly the potential free pass for amalgamation fan ideas to become official characters.

Just take a bunch of characters and slap them together with all their best visual elements combined. Tada! Instant visual fan favorits.

Which also makes it no suprise to me that Rasputin became so popular. Since she is basicly a female Collosus with Magik's soul sword, combining visual elements of amazonian beauty, armored warrior woman and a cool sword weapon.
    Essentialy a character created by following a checklist of things readers will find appealing and cool looking, but in this case actualy done right.

Not to forget that she was certainly more visual striking than Cardinal (red Nightcrawler), North (bearded Magneto in green outfit) and... the yellow skinned guy who lasted like 5 pannels. Did he even have a name?

Plus they gave her a platter of power combos which instantly makes her better than roughly 80% of all named mutant characters.

However skeptic as i am, i have to wonder what exactly can we expect from her?

She had very little in terms of personality, character development or even role in the story she appeared. Being all visual flash, but little to no foundation underneath that. So what role could she possibly play in the main continuity to stick around for a long time?

I feel any spot she could fill is allready either taken by veteran characters OR is contested by dozens of newer characters, who are allready like dogs fighting over bleached bones.

Let's not forget the X-men editor's recent comment on the New X-men and theire chances for having any future role. It certainly doesn't create a lot of confidence in these people's ability to give any new character the chance and opportunity to stay relevant anymore.

So what chance would a currently one-note character like Rasputin have to stay around rather than being done with in 3 years and then thrown into the ever overflowing unused characters bucket?
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-23-2022 at 05:58 AM.

Gillen's obsessed with Sinister.
    And I get kinda worried because one of the reasons his Uncanny X-men failed was because he focused too much on writing very talkative villains (Sinister included).

Incredible Member

I am getting the vibe that this will ultimately be an out-of-continuity event that doesn't matter even though I know nothing about it.
    Feels like an Age of X/Apoc type side story that will be washed away in the end. Especially since there is an actual reset button that has been established (Moira).

While I'm a bit tired of Sinister, his years-long storyline has had some interesting bits and I'm hoping for a grand conclusion. His collection of Moira's has been intriguing as well as the concept of his various timelines. And I wonder why he has had to reset things because he didn't "get past Judgment Day" the previous times. Almost killed? Judged? Both?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Gillen's obsessed with Sinister.
    And I get kinda worried because one of the reasons his Uncanny X-men failed was because he focused too much on writing very talkative villains (Sinister included).
    His run was also squeezed between constant crossovers, events, and status quo changes. He said it’s my turn now.

Excited and intrigued by this. Not long ago, we got that brief glimpse into the future with Destiny in which we saw Sinister controlling some of the X-Men with what looked like Madelyne clones by his side. He's also playing a major role in AXE. So, I think the time is right to elevate him even further. With Marvel Studios set to bring mutants into the MCU in a few years, they're going to need a major villain to face. And since Fox did Magneto and William Stryker to death, I think Sinister would be the perfect villain to set up. Maybe this event will help set the stage for that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Excited and intrigued by this. Not long ago, we got that brief glimpse into the future with Destiny in which we saw Sinister controlling some of the X-Men with what looked like Madelyne clones by his side. He's also playing a major role in AXE. So, I think the time is right to elevate him even further. With Marvel Studios set to bring mutants into the MCU in a few years, they're going to need a major villain to face. And since Fox did Magneto and William Stryker to death, I think Sinister would be the perfect villain to set up. Maybe this event will help set the stage for that.
    Clearly this event is setting up new major antagonists for the XMen moving forward. Mr. Sinister is just one. The XMen won't have heard the last from Druig or Uranos either. They too will be major antagonists moving forward.

And yes, Magneto, Stryker, and the Sentinels or crazy humans have been done to death.

Mighty Member

This gonna be like an AU and everything is gonna stop what we are currently enjoying (well mostly).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It's just one book. If Immortal isn't for you, leave it be.
    but it's a crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    This is an event where Gambit should have a starring focus. So of course I'm expecting him to not have one.
    Seems like a no brainer but yeah expecting zero role for Gambit unless it is a writer that actually likes the character.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The Red Dragon

I’m tired of events…there doesnt feel like there is room for character development anymore. It's usually the characters serving the plot. Claremont’s run was so strong because the plot served the characters.

Kinda feels like these writers picking up the dangler about Moira's life VI or IX (whatever it was), how Sinister was supposed to do chimeras and get wiped out while machines & mutants are on a break before they go back to killing each other.

Guess this time they can't count on Danger to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I’m tired of events…there doesnt feel like there is room for character development anymore. It's usually the characters serving the plot. Claremont’s run was so strong because the plot served the characters.
    Most of the Krakoa era has been character-driven plotlines. This sounds like the deepest (and most fun) exploration of Sinister yet and something Gillen actually wants to write, as opposed to AXE which seems a lot more editorial mandated.