Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Kind of curious to see what McKay is going for here...

Peter why are you so fortunate?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

For the Spider-Cat shippers looking forward to the Internet meltdown that would ensue in the wake of a real Peter/Felicia marriage . . .

"We'll wreak glorious carnage throughout the land!" (Or at least the forums!)

P.S. If you recognize the line, hit me up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    For the Spider-Cat shippers looking forward to the Internet meltdown that would ensue in the wake of a real Peter/Felicia marriage . . .

"We'll wreak glorious carnage throughout the land!" (Or at least the forums!)

P.S. If you recognize the line, hit me up.
    venom returns episode 38 of the 1994 show
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

WHAT THE WHAT?!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Oh, wow, they look so cute together!
    Don't be so sure, pal. This was already explored in an old What If...? issue, where Peter (out of fear for Mary Jane to be killed by Spider-Man's enemies) broke up with her before the wedding. Instead, he thought a girlfriend who can fight back could be a more secure option, so he married the Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) instead.

The result?, a disaster. Felicia's carelessness made the Vulture discover Spider-Man's identity, Aunt May was shot and almost died, Peter broke up with Felicia, and when she tried to fix things, Felicia was murdered. A very hurt Spidey then found a potential new love in Silver Sable.

Here you have the covers:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080223041230
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080223041908

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    WHAT THE WHAT?!!!!!!!

Don't be so sure, pal. This was already explored in an old What If...? issue, where Peter (out of fear for Mary Jane to be killed by Spider-Man's enemies) broke up with her before the wedding. Instead, he thought a girlfriend who can fight back could be a more secure option, so he married the Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) instead.

The result?, a disaster. Felicia's carelessness made the Vulture discover Spider-Man's identity, Aunt May was shot and almost died, Peter broke up with Felicia, and when she tried to fix things, Felicia was murdered. A very hurt Spidey then found a potential new love in Silver Sable.

To be fair, What ifs are all mostly about everything going wrong in unbelievable ways, and more often than not they have bad characterization to make the plot points become that bad, and the Felicia one is not an exception, since they brought back Felicia's "I only care about Spider!" character trait, which by that point she had moved on from it, and made Peter, the guy who's sees his secret identity as his real side, be completely okay with marrying someone who basicaly doesn't accept him, Felicia was also more agressive than she usualy is in that story.

So basicaly, it's just another crap what if.

Not saying that a marriage between both of them would work, because frankly, Felicia consitently can't really move on from the life of crime even with Spidey's influence (At best she only stopped briefly, second best she became Robin Hood, which doesn't last long), and Spidey himself doesn't like that she commits crimes, while he did influence her in becoming a better person (Since nowadays she has heroic traits and may even try to save people, or help other heroes, both which Spencer's run showed), she just won't stop stealing, and neither side is really willing to compromise in that, and that is how the relationship wouldn't work, not how that what if with bad characterization showed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    venom returns episode 38 of the 1994 show
    The first animated appearance of Carnage!

WHAT THE WHAT?!!!!!!!

Yeah, it was a very sad story. I'm hoping this time turns out better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The first animated appearance of Carnage!

Yeah, it was a very sad story. I'm hoping this time turns out better.
    Pal, seriously, there's not going to be any real wedding. I bet this is just some trick of Felicia for a big score of something. Besides, this will make really bad those of us who wants "One More Day" undone. Only way this would happen would be in an alternative reality.

Now that I remember, there was a time where A-Next teamed up with Maestro (future insane Hulk). And in that time, he had a girl working for him called "Spider-Girl". No idea who she really was but, my guess? Somehow, she was the daughter of Spider-Man an Black Cat.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Hmm... I wonder if Marv Wolfman and Dave Cockrum took inspiration from this Harvey Comics character when creating Felicia Hardy.

WHAT THE WHAT?!!!!!!!

Yeah, I own the issue. They still look cute together, I don't see how the What If would make it so they could never be happy in any AU. AU's can be anything.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 08-22-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Pal, seriously, there's not going to be any real wedding. I bet this is just some trick of Felicia for a big score of something. Besides, this will make really bad those of us who wants "One More Day" undone. Only way this would happen would be in an alternative reality.

Now that I remember, there was a time where A-Next teamed up with Maestro (future insane Hulk). And in that time, he had a girl working for him called "Spider-Girl". No idea who she really was but, my guess? Somehow, she was the daughter of Spider-Man an Black Cat.
    The alternate reality Spider-Girl was the daughter of Spider-Man and Black Cat. The hair was a dead giveaway.

Talking

Pal, seriously, there's not going to be any real wedding. I bet this is just some trick of Felicia for a big score of something. Besides, this will make really bad those of us who wants "One More Day" undone. Only way this would happen would be in an alternative reality.....
    I'd lol so hard if they stay married for a few months. The Internet fanboy/fangirl meltdown from the dedicated Peter/MJ shippers would be a thing of beauty. *sheds a single tear in awe*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Yeah. My guess is that the entire issue will be a parody of the BatCat "wedding".

They stated that she's supposed to be Jessica Drew's daughter. Jess mentions that she sees a resemblance and thinks she's the mom.

Pal, seriously, there's not going to be any real wedding. I bet this is just some trick of Felicia for a big score of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah. My guess is that the entire issue will be a parody of the BatCat "wedding".
    With Black Cat's new lover doing the crime while she distracts Spider-Man

The Next Avengers from the animated movie, adapted into comics for the first time in the post-Dark Reign Avengers comics. And yes, I know. It's fun to dream, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

They stated that she's supposed to be Jessica Drew's daughter. Jess mentions that she sees a resemblance and thinks she's the mom.
    Oh, really? Well, that sucks. No offense to Jessica Drew, because I do like her and all, but I preferred this Spider-Girl being Spider-Man and Black Cat's daughter. That said, if Jessica was her mother . . . who was the father?