Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Jeff Jarrett is a lot of things, "main-event talent" isn't one of them. Not even 19 years ago.
    The guy was okay in the ring (when he was sober at least). But yeah... I never bought him as a main eventer. A solid mid-card guy sure.

It's a shame he became the face of TnA. I think it always made them feel second rate, to me at least.

BANNED

and honestly, if Koko B Ware and the Big Boss Man are in the HOF, can you really say you shouldn't put J E Double F J A Double R E Double T in there?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and honestly, if Koko B Ware and the Big Boss Man are in the HOF, can you really say you shouldn't put J E Double F J A Double R E Double T in there?
    I'd definitely say JJ deserves to be in there. He had a successful enough wrestling career on top of being the founder of TnA. The later alone justifies a place in the history books.

But I wouldn't put him in year. It wasn't that long ago where the guy wasn't fired for showing to shows in no condition to perform. He shouldn't be awarded for that sort of lack of professionalism with a Hall of Fame Induction. I'd at least wait a year or more.

Former NXT Tag Team Champion Buddy Murphy will be participating to Cruiserweight Title Tournament against Ariya Daivairi next week

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Former NXT Tag Team Champion Buddy Murphy will be participating to Cruiserweight Title Tournament against Ariya Daivairi next week
    how about that?

that's intriguing

Murphy dropped off the planet after that tag team broke up and Alexa went to the main roster, and he's a bruiser not a flyer

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The guy was okay in the ring (when he was sober at least). But yeah... I never bought him as a main eventer. A solid mid-card guy sure.

It's a shame he became the face of TnA. I think it always made them feel second rate, to me at least.
    part of what i'm talking about when i say the guy's a con man. he still has people convinced he had to be on top in the early days of TNA because of his "name value". his name carried no value, it might've even devalued the show.

and then you know the whole using his company as part of a pyramid scheme.

it wouldn't be an injustice if he is or never is in the WWE hall of fame.

how about that?

that's intriguing

Murphy dropped off the planet after that tag team broke up and Alexa went to the main roster, and he's a bruiser not a flyer
    Though I don't watch the show, I imagine he pops up in Total Divas now and then since he's dating (engaged?) to Alexa Bliss. I imagine it was only a matter of time before he popped up somewhere.

BANNED

Though I don't watch the show, I imagine he pops up in Total Divas now and then since he's dating (engaged?) to Alexa Bliss. I imagine it was only a matter of time before he popped up somewhere.
    I do watch Total Divas on occasion and he has shown up there, basically because he and alexa have not set a date yet and its causing some issues

Murphy better put a ring on it considering there are tons of dudes out there that would be after Alexa if they should break up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Murphy better put a ring on it considering there are tons of dudes out there that would be after Alexa if they should break up.
    Honestly, I'm half convinced bring with Bliss is the main reason he still has a job. They were the most generic NXT champs in history.

BANNED

Honestly, I'm half convinced bring with Bliss is the main reason he still has a job. They were the most generic NXT champs in history.
    at the beginning, other way around

she had tried a "country girl" type gimmick before, had brunette hair and everything before her NXT debut with the glitter and all that

she was almost out until she got put with them, and lo and behold, she's the one that catches fire and they disappeared into obscurity for a bit

one of the recent TD episodes, Buddy was like "yeah I was in construction before, I could always go back to that if I get released"

Astonishing Member

That's ok. The division needs more different styles of wrestlers. It makes you feel like you're not watching the same match when watching 205 Live.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    That's ok. The division needs more different styles of wrestlers. It makes you feel like you're not watching the same match when watching 205 Live.
    and Im fine with that - the division does need more brawler and grappler types - look at Drew Gulak, he went HARD at Tony Neese last night

Astonishing Member

Yeah Drew is the perfect example. He stands out--not just because of his gimmick/mic skills but because he's different from most of them in the ring as well. (But still really good at what he does)

I think you might be right. It similar to how Sasha's husband still has a job with WWE.