Page 475 of 626 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, besides the Sabretooth thing, I also like that she was the one to come up with the law of not killing humans. And she acted very assertive throughout the whole thing.
    Jean problems seems all in the field

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I’m hoping this means the triangle is over and all the characters involve can move on. It’s time.
    I don't think this is it. Bettre let it go that keep piling on it, specially that Jean is the one that always suffer consequences

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean has put Sabretooth in his place so many times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, besides the Sabretooth thing, I also like that she was the one to come up with the law of not killing humans. And she acted very assertive throughout the whole thing.
    Yes, she came across as being very authoritative & articulate. Her proposition was immediately respected by Magneto and Xavier, it definitely felt like her voice on the council was one of the most prominent and that her opinions were valued.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Yes, she came across as being very authoritative & articulate. Her proposition was immediately respected by Magneto and Xavier, it definitely felt like her voice on the council was one of the most prominent and that her opinions were valued.
    Yeah, it was nice to see. I feel like Jean is probably one of the people who are more... I don't know, fit to be in a council. Some of them felt like they just wanted to get it over it, or didn't quite take it seriously enough, but I see Jean as the one who'd be trying to make the most out of her time there.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

So, Jean never used telekinesis in House of X at all?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    No, she used only TP. I guess Scott barely used his optic blasts, like one time

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wow, it is true.
    I don't remember her using her TK on these books.

BANNED

I'm all for free love. Let's embrace the new mutant culture. Monogamy is for flatscans.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I'm all for free love. Let's embrace the new mutant culture. Monogamy is for flatscans.
    Humans are also poligamists. hickman needs to stop with mutant culture if he is going to ignore the broad human culture.

Also characters are individuals not the sum of the culture

I enjoyed the issue a lot. I enjoyed Jean being on the council (same with Storm and Nightcrawler). I like that Jean had a strong voice in this issue and that she cares about humans. Jean is compassionate and empathic. I liked her use of telepathy with Sabretooth. You can take the scene in a few ways: Jean was harsher than Emma, stronger than Emma, or that the two, in a way worked together - Emma started it and Jean finished it.

I like that Scott, Logan, Jean, and Emma seem like they may be on better terms. I'm not seeing what others are seeing there, but I guess we need to wait and see.

I love the world building Hickman is doing and I am excited to see what comes next. I am glad that Jean didn't appear weak but strong in this issue. I await X-force and hope Jean has a great role there.

I do hope this clarifies for some the difference between feats and characterization. The council meeting was a good showing for Jean, displaying both understanding (recognizing human life while establishing mutant laws) and strict authority (Silencing Creed, drool and all)

Jean was the star of the council honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Sadly all we got was what looks like a TK shove against some Orchis grunts on the cover of HOX #4...but covers don't count

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Sadly all we got was what looks like a TK shove against some Orchis grunts on the cover of HOX #4...but covers don't count
    that cover was fake news

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I do hope this clarifies for some the difference between feats and characterization. The council meeting was a good showing for Jean, displaying both understanding (recognizing human life while establishing mutant laws) and strict authority (Silencing Creed, drool and all)
    Yes, this was a good show of characterization. Seems like Hickman has Jean on the side of worrying about humans, a more pacifist. He probably overdone it on the mission, this might be a problem
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-02-2019 at 04:45 PM.

I feel this issue along with her outfit signals Jeans sexual liberation.

That said I still feel this is all fake somehow or happening in one of Moiras past lives.