Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

I originally assumed we were getting Johns' Legion back, but with his influence subsiding compared to before I guess it's anyone's guess now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Bendis can write a lot of books, and he appears to have hit his stride at DC, but he can't do the legion, I know he cant, His run on guardians was bad, his x-men run was worse, lots of great art, but nothing happened in either book. Personally Id like to see Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner on the book. I loved future quest.
    Bendis can write a lot of books but it's usually when he does that the quality of his work starts to take a nosedive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The classic Levitz Legion will always be my fave... but there were a few characters that really need to be folded into the main timeline, such as Jazmin.
    I don't even remember Jazmin. Who is this?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I don't even remember Jazmin. Who is this?
    Kid Quantum (II)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Kid Quantum (II)
    Oh, okay. I was thinking it was a hero name - like Dawnstar or Amethyst. I guess I wasn't reading Legion at that time. I remember Kid Quantum I (James Cullen??). Thanks.

BANNED

Finaly finished Superboy and The legion of Super Heroes HC, vol. 2.

This wan't half bad at the end parts. I liked how they cured Braniac 5, even if it wass abit crazy. lol And the pycho war two part story was really fun. I really liked how that crazy pycho warrior took on the challange of taking on legion and Superboy by himself with his self built armor and some tech... that was epic like Batman vs Superman. I always love when a guy with nothing but his brain and wit to take on these Gods... He is right or wrong, it is always a real pleasure to read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Finaly finished Superboy and The legion of Super Heroes HC, vol. 2.

This wan't half bad at the end parts. I liked how they cured Braniac 5, even if it wass abit crazy. lol And the pycho war two part story was really fun. I really liked how that crazy pycho warrior took on the challange of taking on legion and Superboy by himself with his self built armor and some tech... that was epic like Batman vs Superman. I always love when a guy with nothing but his brain and wit to take on these Gods... He is right or wrong, it is always a real pleasure to read.
    Yeah, these aren't the best Legion stories but far from the worst ones either. A lot of fun seeing Paul Levitz and his early growing pains with writing the Legion.

Extraordinary Member

Try picking 12 members of the Legion that a new book could start out with. Then build on those 12 to turn it into a full-scale legion.

Try picking 12 members of the Legion that a new book could start out with. Then build on those 12 to turn it into a full-scale legion.
    If I had to create a Legion comic and start with 12 members, I'd of course, start with Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, and Saturn Girl.

LLad is one of my favorites. I like the other 2, but am including them mostly because it all started with them, and every iteration should always start with them, I feel.

Then, I'd add:

4. Mon-El
    5. Ultra Boy
    6. Star Boy
    7. Element Lad
    8. Timber Wolf
    9. Wildfire
    10. Sun Boy
    11. Colossal Boy
    12. Light Lass

Not a very diverse group, I know, but I'd start with my favorites.

1. Cosmic Boy
    2. Lightning Lad
    3. Saturn Girl
    4. Brainiac 5
    5. Shrinking Violet
    6. Invisible Kid II
    7. Phantom Girl
    8. Chameleon Boy
    9. Dawnstar
    10. Timber Wolf
    11. White Witch
    12. Shadow Lass

I wanted the founders and Brainiac 5 to be in ASAP as they've become the heart of the Legion.
    Then the Espionage Squad, because in my comic the team would be disbanded and they would have to regroup secretly. The Espionage Squad, with help from the last four (Dawnstar, Timber Wolf, White Witch and Shadow Lass), would be tasked with finding all the former members.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

This is my definitive Legion:

1. Saturn Girl
    2. Lightning Lad
    3. Cosmic Boy
    4. Ultra Boy
    5. Phantom Girl
    6. Sun Boy
    7. Timber Wolf
    8. Colossal Boy
    9. Dawnstar
    10. Karate Kid
    11. Brainiac 5
    12. Shadow Lass

Ultimate Member

I feel like cutting the Legion down to a smaller group of seven or twelve or whatever misses the mark of what makes the Legion. (Just as moving them to the 21st century, or putting them in a grim and gritty dystopian futures does, in different ways.) There are tons of excellent teams of seven or so people. There are tons of teams set in the 21st century.

The Legion is not one of them, nor should it be cut down or relocated to occupy the same niche as the Justice League, Justice Society, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Outsiders, Birds of Prey, etc., etc.

Now, that all said, not every single issue needs to show all twenty-five plus Legionnaires, and not every threat they face needs to challenge the entire team or demand the attention of every single hero they've ever met. I'm fine with entire arcs of six issues or so dealing with the exploits of a smaller 'mission team' of six or so members (just as some of my favorite Legion stories, like the Universo Project, dealt with smaller groups-within-the-group). Not every arc has to be a 'Great Darkness Saga' and threaten the entire universe. Heck, that sort of arc doesn't even need to happen *every year,* but can be rationed out every few years, with the whole team showing up to deal with the uber-threat. It's a big universe, and not everyone has to be sitting around the clubhouse waiting to pounce on the latest threat to one single city on one single planet in the United Planets vast, vast territory.

Every year someone comes along and proposes 'fixing' the Legion by setting it in the current day and age, or cutting the roster down to make it more manageable, and I shake my head, because that's not what the Legion is. 'Fixing' it by making it *not the Legion* is, IMO, missing the point.

I wouldn't propose 'fixing' the Justice League by chopping their roster down to three and tossing them 1000 years into the past, so why would anyone want to 'fix' the Legion in this way.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-31-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

1. Saturn Girl
    2. Lightning Lad
    3. Cosmic Boy
    4. Phantom Girl
    5. Ultra Boy
    6. Timber Wolf
    7. Invisible Kid
    8. Brainiac 5
    9. Chameleon Boy
    10. Duplicate Girl
    11. Shrinking Violet
    12. Andromeda

Additional 12:
    1. Kid Quantum II
    2. Kinetix
    3. Gates
    4. Monstress
    5. Cosmic Boy
    6. Dream Girl
    7. Sun Boy
    8. XS
    9. Tyroc
    10. Dawnstar
    11. Element Lad
    12. Shadow Lass

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    1. Saturn Girl
    2. Lightning Lad
    3. Cosmic Boy
    4. Phantom Girl
    5. Ultra Boy
    6. Timber Wolf
    7. Invisible Kid
    8. Brainiac 5
    9. Chameleon Boy
    10. Duplicate Girl
    11. Shrinking Violet
    12. Andromeda

Additional 12:
    1. Kid Quantum II
    2. Kinetix
    3. Gates
    4. Monstress
    5. Cosmic Boy
    6. Dream Girl
    7. Sun Boy
    8. XS
    9. Tyroc
    10. Dawnstar
    11. Element Lad
    12. Shadow Lass
    You've got Cosmic Boy in both lists. Means you've got room for one more Legionnaire!

Incredible Member

Tenzil Kem, obviously.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel like cutting the Legion down to a smaller group of seven or twelve or whatever misses the mark of what makes the Legion. (Just as moving them to the 21st century, or putting them in a grim and gritty dystopian futures does, in different ways.) There are tons of excellent teams of seven or so people. There are tons of teams set in the 21st century.

The Legion is not one of them, nor should it be cut down or relocated to occupy the same niche as the Justice League, Justice Society, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Outsiders, Birds of Prey, etc., etc.
    I agree and I wasn't implying that the Legion should be shortened. I was just suggesting that if they start over with an all-new history of the Legion, it might be better to start out with 10 or 12 so we could all see the team build up to a legion of 25 or more members. I never want the Legion to be a small group in the long run.