Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The Maker is getting involved in the second issue of Future Foundation

FUTURE FOUNDATION #2
    JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • WILL ROBSON (A) • Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    BREAK OUT: THE FUTURE FOUNDATION RESCUES…THE MAKER?!
    The Future Foundation and Yondu planned the perfect prison break, but nobody counted on having to stage two! But when their security breach reveals that Mr. Fantastic is locked away in the galaxy’s greatest prison, their perfect plan falls apart. Now Julie — and the person she came to break out — are on their own as Alex leads Yondu, Dragon Man, and Bentley into a high-security cellblock full of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy to save a friend and mentor. But the real Reed Richards is back on Earth — and the Future Foundation is about to break out his greatest enemy.

Whoops. How the hell do the FF not know about Ultimate Reed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It makes sense. 616 Reed met him in Secret Wars, but after Molecule Man sliced the Maker up he likely thought that was the end of it. He likely never mentioned him to the Foundation.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Incursion vaporized the Future Foundation since their escape ship broke off and tumbled into the destruction of their universe and the 1610 universe. They never had the chance to meet him and I don't feel like Reed wants to talk about him.

This is excellent news!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The Maker is getting involved in the second issue of Future Foundation

FUTURE FOUNDATION #2
    JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • WILL ROBSON (A) • Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    BREAK OUT: THE FUTURE FOUNDATION RESCUES…THE MAKER?!
    The Future Foundation and Yondu planned the perfect prison break, but nobody counted on having to stage two! But when their security breach reveals that Mr. Fantastic is locked away in the galaxy’s greatest prison, their perfect plan falls apart. Now Julie — and the person she came to break out — are on their own as Alex leads Yondu, Dragon Man, and Bentley into a high-security cellblock full of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy to save a friend and mentor. But the real Reed Richards is back on Earth — and the Future Foundation is about to break out his greatest enemy.
    Mini-Reed's back. Meh.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m in love with the Maker’s costume. Get Pacheco on Slott’s FF now.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

So who is Julie going to break out of intergalactic prison?

I thought the Future Foundation were travelling the multiverse, but if they are breaking someone out of prison, and they think Maker could possibly be their Reed, they must be on 616.

spoilers:
    Could she be breaking out Xavin?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It makes sense. 616 Reed met him in Secret Wars, but after Molecule Man sliced the Maker up he likely thought that was the end of it. He likely never mentioned him to the Foundation.
    It feels like he's been around enough that people should have an awareness of him (and he shouldn't come off like the Reed most people know anyways) but I guess the Foundation kids have either A. not been on 616 Earth long enough to know this and B. were not privy to major Superhero stuff (like Julie).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I thought the Future Foundation were travelling the multiverse, but if they are breaking someone out of prison, and they think Maker could possibly be their Reed, they must be on 616.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought about Xavin. It would be weird to do such a solid for your ex, but Julie's a good enough person that she might do it.

The only other thing I could think of is a Kymellian.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like he's been around enough that people should have an awareness of him (and he shouldn't come off like the Reed most people know anyways) but I guess the Foundation kids have either A. not been on 616 Earth long enough to know this and B. were not privy to major Superhero stuff (like Julie).
    The Maker has mostly been doing things on the down low fighting behind the scenes since he's been here. It wouldn't be strange if organizations like Shield had a file on him but to my knowledge the general populous of '616 wouldn't even know who he is.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Julie is a blonde and taller than Alex?

Christ.
    "Cable was right!"

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That was my first impression too, but on second look Julie is standing erect while Alex is hunching forward.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Christ.
    In addition to magically changing hair color between red, blonde, and strawberry blonde, she has the magical ability to retcon her own age and height probably correlates to that.

Then again, Alex is hunched over.

iMan 42s

At first I didn't really give a damn for Future Foundation but you got me for at least Ultimate Reed.

Although on the subject of the cover and as somebody not all that familiar with these characters, he is hunched over but the prospective is all kinds of weird on the cover. It's not awful (and admidtly I wouldn't mind a print of it), it's just that Reed is a bit too big to be where he's sitting relative to the window which can make those on the other side appear smaller. Just a small hiccup for a pretty good cover.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe, Whitley was discussing how they were re-reading the entirety of Runaways, and YA for research purposes a few weeks ago. He mentioned Xavin more than once. Including a suggestion that if Xavin were to ever appear again, it would be better to have it happen in a non-Runaways book.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.