Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    With good reason:

... AND:

... so more like the lil' brat deserved a spankin', I would say, and she got one! 8p[/CENTER]
    Well considering the resolution to Hope's arc in AvX, this is rather symbolic.
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 01-12-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Also, I still think Dani's illusions are actually a combination of psychic projections and holograms. Energy/matter manipulation is the only way to explain some of the things she's done.
    Until Simonson started having her actually manifest solid fears/desires, her powers were well explained as a specific psionic ability that straddled empathy(to find the fear/desire) and telepathy(to make them see it). Once she started with the actual manifestation, then yes, it becomes more like a low key reality warping scenario, but that really only lasted for a few issues until she went back to Asgard. After that no one touched those powers again. Her psionic arrows were basically just cohesive psionic energy like Psylocke does with her psi-knife, or any of the classical 'psycho blasts' of earlier telepaths.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

I see Dani is a broad base psionic mutant who can manipulate psionic energy in a variety of ways but all of her abilities are emotion based. I see her as more of telempath. She has empathic based illusion projection, animal telepathy, and psionic energy manipulation as her main abilities.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

With good reason:

... AND:

... so more like the lil' brat deserved a spankin', I would say, and she got one! 8p
    Yeah, I had no problem with Dani kicking Hope's ass. Never cared for her. I'm more upset that they had Dani losing to her tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Until Simonson started having her actually manifest solid fears/desires, her powers were well explained as a specific psionic ability that straddled empathy(to find the fear/desire) and telepathy(to make them see it). Once she started with the actual manifestation, then yes, it becomes more like a low key reality warping scenario, but that really only lasted for a few issues until she went back to Asgard. After that no one touched those powers again. Her psionic arrows were basically just cohesive psionic energy like Psylocke does with her psi-knife, or any of the classical 'psycho blasts' of earlier telepaths.
    As much as I like to dismiss Simonson's run, she was just building on what Claremont established way back in NM #2 or #3, when the Brood Queen showed that Dani could make her illusions solid. It wouldn't be something that's easy to do, but it is part of her potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, I had no problem with Dani kicking Hope's ass. Never cared for her. I'm more upset that they had Dani losing to her tbh.
    Total agreement. They were really trying to shove Hope down our throats at the expense of other characters.

Nah, the X-Men and New Mutants were awful toward Hope. Asking if Hope is worth the trouble is absolutely disgusting.
    They had no right to blame her for Blue Fart Dude's death and for Karma's injuries.
    They forgot that their job has always been to protect young mutants from mutant slayers. Guess it's less fun for them when the victims are not some z-lister or one of the students.

I hate it when characters are written as if they were readers and manisfest their lack of consideration for anybody who has not been part of their club for years.
    It's even worse when one of the New Mutants do that, because they have never been allowed to be reaally relevant members of the X-Men. They shoud show some solidarity.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 01-12-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Nah, the X-Men and New Mutants were awful toward Hope. Asking if Hope is worth the trouble is absolutely disgusting.
    They had no right to blame her for Blue Fart Dude's death and for Karma's injuries.
    They forgot that their job has always been to protect young mutants from mutant slayers. Guess it's less fun for them when the victims are not some z-lister or one of the students.

I hate it when characters are written as if they were readers and manisfest their lack of consideration for anybody who has not been part of their club for years.
    It's even worse when one of the New Mutants do that, because they have never been allowed to be reaally relevant members of the X-Men. They shoud show some solidarity.
    Yeah I love Dani but her coming for Hope was obnoxious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I see Dani is a broad base psionic mutant who can manipulate psionic energy in a variety of ways but all of her abilities are emotion based. I see her as more of telempath. She has empathic based illusion projection, animal telepathy, and psionic energy manipulation as her main abilities.
    Oh, I REALLY like THIS, I do, I do!! Arachne, what do you & does, everybody else think? I think it works, to me, it just... clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Whaaaa...? Somehow...

... I must've neglected to post that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Nah, the X-Men and New Mutants were awful toward Hope. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Yeah...
    Aw, we're just kiddin' around & havin' a lil' fun, is all. At Hope's eXpense, sure, but it's harmless. And damn, you guys actually made me start feelin' a lil' bad, there... ... ... for a bit, BUT...

BANNED

So I've been tryin' to find logos for Dani, and so far, this is what I've found as far as "official" ones go:

... with 2 of 'em being duplicates, obviously, that are just tinted differently.

Anybody know of some other versions, maybe, even if it's from fan art?

Do we have a code name preference?

IMHO: Psyche is too fey, Mirage too specific, Spellbinder too inaccurate, Moonstar too boring.

Moonstar has always been the best

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    As much as I like to dismiss Simonson's run, she was just building on what Claremont established way back in NM #2 or #3, when the Brood Queen showed that Dani could make her illusions solid. It wouldn't be something that's easy to do, but it is part of her potential.
    Good point. I had forgotten that issue by the time I finished Simonson's run. I guess Dani really was a high end reality warper after all, with additional telepathic/empathic skills. Like, a Phoenix-level psion. Dang. No wonder they depowered her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Do we have a code name preference?...
    TBH, no really good idea instantly comes to mind, at this time. I'll have to think on it.

Spinning out of that & the logo thing tho, I'd also like to ask her fans to post what they feel are ideal images of how she should look, both in how she's portrayed physically (facial features, hair, body type) & with her (updated, modernized) costumes/outfits/uniforms, what have you... taken into consideration. You can certainly use separate pics for each, but finding just one that represents both to you if possible, would be preferable.

Reason being, I'm planning on putting together a triptych featuring Lorna, Ali, & Dani...
    ... to use as a sort of guide & source of reference. ...
    ... that's more or less 'fan-approved'. So I'd like it to reflect input from their bases here on the Forums, by way of using each of their respective appreciation threads, to do so. ThanX in advance, for any & all participation.

Aw, we're just kiddin' around & havin' a lil' fun, is all. At Hope's eXpense, sure, but it's harmless. And damn, you guys actually made me start feelin' a lil' bad, there... ... ... for a bit, BUT...

LOL I am not interested in reading more Hope stories, but at the time Hope's life was already pretty rough and Dani was just disrespectful.

I am very down for Dani kicking literal ass, but it needs to be justified (like when she kept punching Sam for being a toolbag).