Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    But they are obviously popular with most girls who read X-Men.
    Mmm... Maybe... I don't know, I kinda think this sort of diva characters are more popular among male readers. I may be totally wrong, though.

Anyway, some female readers are definitively more inclined to another kind of girls.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 07-27-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Very interesting. I hope to see Lila Cheney, Longshot and Mortis somewhere in her book.
    Yes to Mortis. It would be fantastic if it turned out she never killed anyone but zapped them into a state of unliving that she learns to reverse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I would explain Dazzler's shift in music as her being kind of Gwen Stefani-like now. Just give her a No Doubt expy band...
    I could see her doing many forms of pop & dance (like Kylie Minogue) and even a little rock or pop-alternative (like what Marina & the Diamonds is considered) or even country-pop. Punk though? That's just too far-fetched & ill-fitting for the 616 Dazzler I've read in stories for years. Leave the punk music & image/style -ish with the deceased Ultimate 'verse incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Who do we want as the creative team?
    I'd be happy/excited for Jim McCann (Dazzler Necrosha one-shot), Greg Pak (X-treme X-men vol 2) or Kelly Thompson (A-Force vol 2). I love what all three did with Dazzler & their approach to her voice/dialogue & her power usage. All three had a fondness for the character. Art-wise -- I'm not sure who did the cover to the Legacy one-shot, but I really like it -- I'd be happy with them doing interiors as well.

Elizabeth Torque did the cover. I'd definitely be pleased if she handled interiors as well.

Cautiously optimistic about this but trying to lean toward the optimistic. Just based on the cover, it seems as if things pick up right after A-Force... But, as we all know, covers can often indicate a big bunch of nothing. As glad as I am to have moved on from the goth/punk mistake, I'd like to evolve past the pop/punk now as well.

Regardless if anything comes from this one-shot, I just hope it's a good story that goes beyond 'Dazzler: This is Your Life!' and our gal is handled with respect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    ... I'm glad they are referencing the A-Force look upgrade instead of going back to Bendis punk like Secret Warriors did. I just really need her to end up in something monthly. ... I'm still hoping for a new x-title with Emma, Dazzler, Polaris & others not being featured as frequently.

And with the updates Emma, Polaris, etc have gotten to their original looks -- I would love a similar approach to Dazzler. I've liked the addition of pink to her "costume" scheme -- but her being back in something silver & sparkly feels like it just needs to happen already.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I'm so excited for this comic! It is the only thing from Marvel OR DC that has me ready to throw down money in a long time.

I am cautiously optimistic that it could lead to other things for her like a spot on a roster...

Her look seems to be going slightly back to her default which I am extremely happy about. The grunge look never worked for me, even with the trauma that caused it, it rang very hollow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    Elizabeth Torque did the cover. I'd definitely be pleased if she handled interiors as well.

... As glad as I am to have moved on from the goth/punk mistake, I'd like to evolve past the pop/punk now as well.

Regardless if anything comes from this one-shot, I just hope... our gal is handled with respect.
    I MORE than agree, that it's HIGH past time, Ali return to a more classic inspired, "Dazzler-y" look. Also concur that her being part of an ongoing, with the likes of Lorna and/or Emma, etc. ... would be IDEAL, and likely the best option for her (and them!), at this time - there's strength in numbers! REALLY likin' Elizabeth Torque's skills, and would be VERY happy if she did the interiors, as well. And yes, MOST important, is that Dazz be handled respectfully. And hopefully, even progressed some developmentally, into a new, more clearly defined status quo. All of which, I share your cautious optimism in.

There is so much potential here for Ali and so much drama that can be touched upon in a solo.

-Her struggle with the m-pox virus, and just how her strain was cured
    -Her immortality through her siege perilous counterparts taking her deaths
    -The fact that she is downplayed as an x-man but got to join an avengers squad
    -Showcase just how powerful she truly is
    -Showcase how complicated it must be, being a celebrity of the music industry as well as a superhero
    -Really dive into what the mystique kidnapping did to her and have her come out from that punk look of a hole she is in
    -Team ups with north star and long shot of course
    -And this one that is a must: a reunion with the girls at the mall: Rogue, Storm, psyloke, and Jubes
    Last edited by Muffinman; 07-29-2017 at 08:24 AM.

It's some time away but with a scheduled appearance for Dazzler in X-Men Dark Phoenix (this is happening right?), Marvel might take the opportunity to promote her in the comics, much like Polaris and Warpath who will be main characters in 'The Gifted' - Lorna'last prominent appearance was just before Secret Wars and James' was back in 2012
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    It's some time away but with a scheduled appearance for Dazzler in X-Men Dark Phoenix (this is happening right?), Marvel might take the opportunity to promote her in the comics, much like Polaris and Warpath who will be main characters in 'The Gifted' - Lorna'last prominent appearance was just before Secret Wars and James' was back in 2012
    Yes, and MOST likely, in regards to promotion. Which is fine by me, as I think Alison Blaire, Lorna Dane, & the Proudstar bros., are all MORE than deserving characters! SO much so, in fact, I'll just say that it's actually... ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    There is so much potential here for Ali and so much drama that can be touched upon in a solo.

-Her struggle with the m-pox virus, and just how her strain was cured
    -Her immortality through her siege perilous counterparts taking her deaths
    -The fact that she is downplayed as an x-man but got to join an avengers squad
    -Showcase just how powerful she truly is
    -Showcase how complicated it must be, being a celebrity of the music industry as well as a superhero
    -Really dive into what the mystique kidnapping did to her and have her come out from that punk look of a hole she is in
    -Team ups with north star and long shot of course
    -And this one that is a must: a reunion with the girls at the mall: Rogue, Storm, psyloke, and Jubes
    Really like & agree with almost all your suggestions, Muffinman, but THIS... I wonder, how do Dazz fans truly feel about that being the X-planation, yay, nay, miXed, or indifferent? I myself am miXed, leaning towards nay, I would say. Strikes me as overly complicated TBH, and needlessly so, thereby making it unnecessarily convoluted as a result.

Keep it simple. Light and sound are forms of energy which cannot be destroyed. They are just mutable like Ali's life journey.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Please someone jump in my inbox and remind me a week ahead of time. I need my Dazzler fix
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

So are we going to get any news/solicits on this issue this coming week? Kind of worried that nothing has been teased yet. Makes me wonder if its been pulled or that they don't think much of it.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

I hope Rogue shows up to (coded sexually) bully her.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    So are we going to get any news/solicits on this issue this coming week? Kind of worried that nothing has been teased yet. Makes me wonder if its been pulled or that they don't think much of it.
    It was meant for November, but Not Brand Echh, meant for December, got solicited instead. And then Dazzler no-showed in those leaks. You're right to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Really like & agree with almost all your suggestions, Muffinman, but THIS... I wonder, how do Dazz fans truly feel about that being the X-planation, yay, nay, miXed, or indifferent? I myself am miXed, leaning towards nay, I would say. Strikes me as overly complicated TBH, and needlessly so, thereby making it unnecessarily convoluted as a result.
    As long as it is finally explained I am happy with it. The mystery has always bugged me lol. I really hope this is good.